+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Passport returned to CPC-Ottawa Office by Canada Post Due to Incorrect Address

Aug 19, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have applied Temporary Resident Visa and mailed my passport to CPC-Ottawa office for visa stamping after the Passport request letter received in my IRCC account. Passport was sent back to me after the stamping via Canada post but due to incorrect address it was returned to the CPC-Ottawa office. Not sure what went wrong in the transit. I have written the full right address on the return envelope yet it was not delivered to me.

I had called customer care regarding this and they said that my passport re-send will be delayed since this is not a priority. My travel to India is unavoidable as it's an urgency, Could anyone please suggest a way to get my passport asap.

Thanks

Reactions: Sreepriya Guduru

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello,
Did you try to submit a webform to contact them?
Also, when was your application date please and the date you receive passport request letter please?

Thank you

jas4496

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
mine was showing same
passport send from Ottawa on 20 Aug.
today again send back to Ottawa.
what's going on with mail delivery.

Sri1111

Aug 23, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have applied Temporary Resident Visa and mailed my passport to CPC-Ottawa office for visa stamping after the Passport request letter received in my IRCC account. Passport was sent back to me after the stamping via Canada post but due to incorrect address it was returned to the CPC-Ottawa office. Not sure what went wrong in the transit. I have written the full right address on the return envelope yet it was not delivered to me.

I had called customer care regarding this and they said that my passport re-send will be delayed since this is not a priority. My travel to India is unavoidable as it's an urgency, Could anyone please suggest a way to get my passport asap.

Thanks
[/QUOTE

hey I’m in the same boat here. Tried to contact them but no response yet. Any update on yours?

jas4496

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
I just called Canada post
they said your item is not returned. its was just back in Ottawa due to processing error.
but they start ticket for me as well.

jas4496

Star Member
Dec 9, 2020
you just call them(Canada post) and let them know.. u already pay for the post. and its your passport and you are the receiver and you need it urgent. they will surely help you. my item is re-routed idk what does it mean.

Sri1111

Aug 23, 2021
Oh mine was prepaid so they told me unable to send it again. I’m assuming it is currently in the cpc ottawa mail box. I’ll try contacting canada post again to see what they can do. This is so stressful