+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Parents visitor visa was refused

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Hello,
I applied for my parents come to visit me in Canada and they refused them saying :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I sent a formal invitation that I want my parents to visit me and my spouse in Canada and we will cover their expenses. We even mentioned that my parents have a home, they have 3 other kids back home and one of them is dependent on them being home. I don't understand how they would say they have strong family ties here. my parents are retired and I havent seem them for over 9 years. I just wanted them to come here visit me now that I started making good money. Can anyone help me understand this case? I would really appreciate any Comment

totalbatman

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hello,
I applied for my parents come to visit me in Canada and they refused them saying :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

I sent a formal invitation that I want my parents to visit me and my spouse in Canada and we will cover their expenses. We even mentioned that my parents have a home, they have 3 other kids back home and one of them is dependent on them being home. I don't understand how they would say they have strong family ties here. my parents are retired and I havent seem them for over 9 years. I just wanted them to come here visit me now that I started making good money. Can anyone help me understand this case? I would really appreciate any Comment
Re apply with these resons being addressed and answered. Sometimes it happens.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Order GCMS notes. Have them cover all their own expenses with their own bank accounts. Did they show their own funds and if so how much? How long was visit? How old are their other kids? Are you PR or citizen?

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Order GCMS notes. Have them cover all their own expenses with their own bank accounts. Did they show their own funds and if so how much? How long was visit? How old are their other kids? Are you PR or citizen?
I said in my invitation letter that I am covering finances, and I notarized an affidavit, But I did show my dad has a bank account back home and his own home. I have a sister and brother that are married but they visit my parents every week. My little sister is 21 and she lives with them and is dependent on them financially, physically, and emotionally. I am only son that is abroad. I am on a PGWP and it expires on 2026

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Are you saying I should reapply and under the purpose of travel, try to address their refusal reasons?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I said in my invitation letter that I am covering finances, and I notarized an affidavit, But I did show my dad has a bank account back home and his own home. I have a sister and brother that are married but they visit my parents every week. My little sister is 21 and she lives with them and is dependent on them financially, physically, and emotionally. I am only son that is abroad. I am on a PGWP and it expires on 2026
Ah…not PR. So you invite them to come and say they will cover their expenses, not you. Notarized makes no difference. Your 21 year old sister is somewhat of a tie. Once she turns 22, she is not a dependant. You say emotionally and physically so does she have a medical condition? If so include that with medical records that he must return. Your other siblings are not ties. Visiting every week is not relevant. How long was the visit?

Being retired weakens ties so needs to show pensions, investments, rental properties for reason to return.

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Ah…not PR. So you invite them to come and say they will cover their expenses, not you. Notarized makes no difference. Your 21 year old sister is somewhat of a tie. Once she turns 22, she is not a dependant. You say emotionally and physically so does she have a medical condition? If so include that with medical records that he must return. Your other siblings are not ties. Visiting every week is not relevant. How long was the visit?

Being retired weakens ties so needs to show pensions, investments, rental properties for reason to return.
She cant get her own house so she lives with my parents. Emotional as in they are very attached, it's difficult to live separate for her. I said they will come for two months and leave. The thing is I havent seen my parents for 9 years, and they never saw my finace. this was suppoed to be an emotional reunion. I didnt put the 9 years thing thinking they might see it as negative.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She cant get her own house so she lives with my parents. Emotional as in they are very attached, it's difficult to live separate for her. I said they will come for two months and leave. The thing is I havent seen my parents for 9 years, and they never saw my finace. this was suppoed to be an emotional reunion. I didnt put the 9 years thing thinking they might see it as negative.
Two months is too long especially if you say it is difficult to live separate from your sister. Order GCMS notes (Google) and find out full reasons. He needs to address and prove ties so if not working then pension, investment property etc.

Also you said father so didn’t know it was both parents. Again what is your mother’s ties - job?

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Sorry it's fpr both. They own the house together my father and mother. They live together and they are both retired. My dad does get pension pr say retirement money from his company. Is that a good proof? My mom is a housewife.
Also, due tothe inflation back home myparents can't afford a single dime of the travel which is why I am covering all of the expenses. The pension my dad gets is enough to cover themselves back home.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry it's fpr both. They own the house together my father and mother. They live together and they are both retired. My dad does get pension pr say retirement money from his company. Is that a good proof? My mom is a housewife.
Also, due tothe inflation back home myparents can't afford a single dime of the travel which is why I am covering all of the expenses. The pension my dad gets is enough to cover themselves back home.
That is a big red flag if they cannot support their visit. It shows they cannot afford to visit and may come and not leave because you will support them.

amirhossein74

Sep 14, 2022
Two months is too long especially if you say it is difficult to live separate from your sister. Order GCMS notes (Google) and find out full reasons. He needs to address and prove ties so if not working then pension, investment property etc.

Also you said father so didn’t know it was both parents. Again what is your mother’s ties - job?
Except the children, and the house mother has no other ties. She is a housewife