+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My old mailing address appears on Ecase?

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
Today I checked my Ecase I found my mailing address is my old address ( the address which I used for my PR application ) ???

Have anyone experience this before?
Should I call CIC ?
what should I do?

Thanks Guys

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
My partner changed her address online multiple times but it never updated on ECAS. She called CIC a couple of times and they confirmed both times that they had the updated address on file, even though the old one still showed on ECAS. The address only changed to the new one on ECAS when her ECAS was updated with a notification to write a citizenship test, so my guess is that they correct it once you submit a request to have it changed, but it might not display the updated one on ECAS until you get an actual ECAS update (which should also update the address). Call CIC to confirm.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
neo_baron said:
My partner changed her address online multiple times but it never updated on ECAS. She called CIC a couple of times and they confirmed both times that they had the updated address on file, even though the old one still showed on ECAS. The address only changed to the new one on ECAS when her ECAS was updated with a notification to write a citizenship test, so my guess is that they correct it once you submit a request to have it changed, but it might not display the updated one on ECAS until you get an actual ECAS update (which should also update the address). Call CIC to confirm.
Well, that just tells you how reliable the ecas is. For some it updates right away, and for others it takes months. Not surprised at all...

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
wes786 said:
Well, that just tells you how reliable the ecas is. For some it updates right away, and for others it takes months. Not surprised at all...
Yep, its lack of reliability seems to be the norm, shamefully.