+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Offer letter is valid for less than a year

Jun 6, 2020
HI Experts

I have got an invitation for my PR application. I am on a work permit(closed) which is valid till Feb 2021. My offer letter is also valid till feb. I cannot get it renewed till December. Can someone please let me know if that will be acceptable or not.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
HI Experts

I have got an invitation for my PR application. I am on a work permit(closed) which is valid till Feb 2021. My offer letter is also valid till feb. I cannot get it renewed till December. Can someone please let me know if that will be acceptable or not.
Hi if you are considering closed Work Permit as an offer letter, CIC website says Work permit itself is not considered an offer , but I know few people used and got PR as read in different forums. Coming to your question, from June to Feb its only 8 months remaining and chances of a decision on PR even if you submit docs will be around Dec max this year. I am sorry to say but chances are minute

mbenzrider

Nov 18, 2018
HI Experts

HI Experts

Hi
Once you have your have submitted your application. Let's says you have 3 months left on your workpermit. You are eligible to apply for open workpermit. Feel free to reach out if you need any further explanation.
Thank you

cck1986

May 8, 2020
HI Experts

My previous post is applicable if you are claiming points for job offer... But if you got ITA without points from job offer.. You are good and can proceed with your application

Tommy77

May 5, 2020
Hi
Once you have your have submitted your application. Let's says you have 3 months left on your workpermit. You are eligible to apply for open workpermit. Feel free to reach out if you need any further explanation.
Thank you
Hi
I am in the same situation. My work permit will be expired on January 2021, so less than a year from now. If my understanding is correct, as long as we have an offer letter that states "at least one year after receiving PR card" should be fine without a renewed work permit?
Thank you for your help!