+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My nomination from Ontario says Not valid for Express Entry

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
My name is Neha and am located in Ontario, Canada. I work here as an Automation Engineer and a Control System Designer. A couple of months back I applied through OINP under a stream named International Graduate Student: Employer Job Offer. I have gotten my nomination and it says I must apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) using a paper application form and that my nomination is not valid for Express Entry.

My question is what does it exactly mean? Can I not add this nomination to my express entry and get additional 600 points?
Any help on this would be much appreciated.

TIA :)

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
No, that nomination will not give you 600 additional points for express entry. You were nominated for a non express entry stream. You will have to apply for PR by paper or online through the new portal. There's a few threads here regarding the new portal for non express entry PNP applications, processing times are slow compared to express entry.

Jun 11, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have another question. Can I apply through CEC Express Entry after having 1 year of work experience in Canada, along with my provincial nominated (PNP) application being processed on the side?

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have another question. Can I apply through CEC Express Entry after having 1 year of work experience in Canada, along with my provincial nominated (PNP) application being processed on the side?
yes you can.

Sep 10, 2022
Thank you so much. Much appreciated!
Hello Neha, The same thing happened to me as well. I applied for this program thinking that I would get 600 extra points which I can add to my CEC application (495 points). Any suggestions on what should I do? Should I go for this paper-based now online non-express entry path or should I stick with CEC and wait for the cut-off to come down? My work permit expires in March 2024.
Thanks.

Jun 11, 2021
Hi Sagar,
My apologies for getting back to you this late.
I actually submitted my paper based application as there is no harm in doing that. Besides, the cut-off of the CEC express entry is coming down slowly, so I am pretty sure you will get your ITA within a month or two. Once you get an ITA, you can go for CEC. You have plenty of time tbh but in my case with my work permit expiring in April 2023, I had no option but to go for both. I would suggest you to wait and apply for CEC directly.

Thanks and Regards.
Neha Bhatia

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
So just a big fat disclaimer: if you apply for 2 programs at once, IRCC will demand you withdraw one of them.

Some of the provinces like Saskatchewan will also cancel your nomination certificate if you say:
  • Apply for Non-Express Entry PNP based on an SINP nomination
  • And then apply for CEC
Not to mention your processing fees will not be refunded if both applications are in processing, but that is irrelevant if you have a better opportunity to get PR faster.

So what you don't want to happen is to apply for CEC, find out you actually f*cked up and not met your eligibility criteria, and then you were forced to withdraw your Non-EE application that you have been waiting for 13 months or whatever to get processed.

Reactions: jjhernan

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
So just a big fat disclaimer: if you apply for 2 programs at once, IRCC will demand you withdraw one of them.

Some of the provinces like Saskatchewan will also cancel your nomination certificate if you say:
  • Apply for Non-Express Entry PNP based on an SINP nomination
  • And then apply for CEC
Not to mention your processing fees will not be refunded if both applications are in processing, but that is irrelevant if you have a better opportunity to get PR faster.

So what you don't want to happen is to apply for CEC, find out you actually f*cked up and not met your eligibility criteria, and then you were forced to withdraw your Non-EE application that you have been waiting for 13 months or whatever to get processed.
I totally understand the situation, that's why I'm asking for an advice.