+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my mother's name in my passport is different from her passport. I recently received copr from Canada

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
my mother's name in my passport is different from her passport. I recently received copr from Canada. Will it create any issue when I apply for her visa

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
my mother's name in my passport is different from her passport. I recently received copr from Canada. Will it create any issue when I apply for her visa
I would not have thought so. What sort of visa are you asking about?

Reactions: Sukhbhat

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
visitor visa or super visa. I really don't know which one is apt in our situation
I don't see this as a problem. If you need to prove relationship, I doubt that her name in your passport is good enough anyway. Very few countries have anything other than the holders name in their passports.

Reactions: Sukhbhat

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
I don't see this as a problem. If you need to prove relationship, I doubt that her name in your passport is good enough anyway. Very few countries have anything other than the holders name in their passports.
But I have a different question. As I already said that my mother in law's name in my husband's passport is different from her passport and other documents. What problems may occur when we apply for her visa to take her along with us as she is my only in law and we need to take her along with us asap

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
But I have a different question. As I already said that my mother in law's name in my husband's passport is different from her passport and other documents. What problems may occur when we apply for her visa to take her along with us as she is my only in law and we need to take her along with us asap
There's absolutely no guarantee that a TRV will be granted for her to come to Canada. Your comment makes me feel that there might not be very strong ties with her home country. If the visa office feels the same way, the chances of a TRV would be reduced. I'm not sure that her name in your husband's passport is significant.