+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY MEDICAL TEST EXPERIENCE AND PREVIOUS HEALTH ISSUE(TB)

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
Hello house,
I went for the medical examination yesterday,but what worries me about the medical exam is that while the Doctor was asking me about my medical history,I was honest with all my response. He asked me if I have ever had tuberculosis,and I responded that I treated the ailment in 2002 and it was confirmed to me that I am tuberculosis free. The Doctor requested for any report backing this history. I didnt go with it,so today,I went to the hospital that treated me(State Hospital),but unfortunately,the hospital cannot find the record anymore. I did not find the record as well,as it has been a long time and I have changed location along the line.
Today,I went back to the designated hospital of CDHC to explain things to the Doctor. All she told me was that she will send her own report like that. I even told me if I could take a medical fitness test from the hospital that treated,she refused and said she needs the past record. But I think the x-ray the CDHC required is also meant to detect any chest problem including that of TB. If I am OK with recent X-ray what will happen? I am really bothered. Please house,I need your suggestion and advice. Above all,I have my faith in the almighty God. He's capable of doing all things.
Please I need quick response. I am really confused. Thanks.
ciao

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
acca247 said:
Hello house,
I went for the medical examination yesterday,but what worries me about the medical exam is that while the Doctor was asking me about my medical history,I was honest with all my response. He asked me if I have ever had tuberculosis,and I responded that I treated the ailment in 2002 and it was confirmed to me that I am tuberculosis free. The Doctor requested for any report backing this history. I didnt go with it,so today,I went to the hospital that treated me(State Hospital),but unfortunately,the hospital cannot find the record anymore. I did not find the record as well,as it has been a long time and I have changed location along the line.
Today,I went back to the designated hospital of CDHC to explain things to the Doctor. All she told me was that she will send her own report like that. I even told me if I could take a medical fitness test from the hospital that treated,she refused and said she needs the past record. But I think the x-ray the CDHC required is also meant to detect any chest problem including that of TB. If I am OK with recent X-ray what will happen? I am really bothered. Please house,I need your suggestion and advice. Above all,I have my faith in the almighty God. He's capable of doing all things.
Please I need quick response. I am really confused. Thanks.
ciao
Don't worry. Since you are confirmed that you are TB free, you don't have anything to be worried about. Plus, Canadian med test doesn't include TB test.

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
rhasan said:
Don't worry. Since you are confirmed that you are TB free, you don't have anything to be worried about. Plus, Canadian med test doesn't include TB test.
It does include a TB test. The x-ray is a part of it.

However, I think since you have been treated of it before, and now that you're clean, there wouldn't be any problems.
May the force be with you brother.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Junaid.Bjorn said:
It does include a TB test. The x-ray is a part of it.

However, I think since you have been treated of it before, and now that you're clean, there wouldn't be any problems.
May the force be with you brother.
Is in't TB test done by a skin test? Because as far as I have in the internet, chest x-ray cannot detect active TB. Like for US student visa, you have to give TB test by tuberculin skin test.

Junaid.Bjorn

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2011
Doc's Request.
waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with app. 7.5 Band
VISA ISSUED...
Insha-Allah
rhasan said:
Is in't TB test done by a skin test? Because as far as I have in the internet, chest x-ray cannot detect active TB. Like for US student visa, you have to give TB test by tuberculin skin test.
Idk. I am an accounts student :D

But they definitely check for it. Its even asked on the visa form yes?
Tb is asked for everywhere.
But ofcourse. Insha-Allah there won't be any problems

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Junaid.Bjorn said:
Idk. I am an accounts student :D

But they definitely check for it. Its even asked on the visa form yes?
Tb is asked for everywhere.
But ofcourse. Insha-Allah there won't be any problems
:p
I am an engineering student but google makes things possible beyond our major :p
Yah let's hope for the best :D

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear

I agree with junaid. the x-ray part is enough for TB test and the DMP will send the repoort to the visa office .it is not a matter of concern for acca. once he is treated for the disease , then there is nothing to be worried for the issue. at the wrost , the VO will send request to do further test . above all, h/her test taken at DMP will tell the truth. dont worry , Acca!
may god bless us all.

imu

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sometimes being too honest can cause you!!!

If you are TB free then there isnt need for alarm.

The doctor you dealt with thought you wanted to compromise her into changing information already writen in your medical form.

You shouldnt have gone back to her in the first place.

YOUR VISA IS ON THE WAY COMING STOP THE PANIC............

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habil said:
sometimes being too honest can cause you!!!If you are TB free then there isnt need for alarm.The doctor you dealt with thought you wanted to compromise her into changing information already writen in your medical form.You shouldnt have gone back to her in the first place.YOUR VISA IS ON THE WAY COMING STOP THE PANIC............
YES !,thanks

imu

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
@ Rhasan,Junaid.Bjorn,Imu,Habil
Big thanks to you all. Though I dont knw the outcome of the exam tests carried out by Marien hospital yet,but I am optimistic that everything is fine and my state of health is good.
I have been able to convince the Nurses at the Gen.hospital to trace my file with them,which they were able to do today. The nurse has eventually found my file and has given it to my Doctor to make the report. In a nutshell,I was told to come for the report tomorrow. Immediately I get the report,I will head for Marien hospital(Designated hospital of CDHC) to give it to its Doctor.
Thanks so much for being supportive with ur comments and advice. God is capable of doing all things(Insha Allah)
ciao