+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Maternal Unlce is sponsoring my MS in CS. Have doubts about financial documents required. Please help.

pchouhan

Feb 27, 2021
My immediate maternal Uncle (Mama Ji) is ready to sponsor my master's in Computer Science. But I have doubts regarding all the documents I need to submit.

Can someone please help me with the following questions?
1. Since my Uncle is paying, I will attach his bank statement, an affidavit declaring the sponsorship, and his last 3-year ITR. Anything else required from his side?
2. What documents do I need to show from my parent's side? Do I need to submit my parent's occupation proof and their ITR along with the bank statement in case of someone else being my sponsor?
3. I will apply in the SDS category. But to show strong ties to my country I will submit a CA sheet with all assets assessment. Do I need to add my Sponsor's assets detail as well?
4. Finally the fact that my parents aren't my sponsor but my uncle is will affect my visa approval or not? PS my parents are taking care of my younger sister's MBBS.

Last edited:

pchouhan

Feb 27, 2021
Yes it will affect. Have him transfer money to your account or may your tuition off

Thank you for the response. So you are saying that instead of showing him as my sponsor, I should show my parents as my sponsor?
By money, how much money you mean? Can you please consider the case after my one-year tuition fee and GIC is paid, how much I need to show?

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thank you for the response. So you are saying that instead of showing him as my sponsor, I should show my parents as my sponsor?
By money, how much money you mean? Can you please consider the case after my one-year tuition fee and GIC is paid, how much I need to show?
Yes. As much money as you can.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The problem is its your uncle. Why can't your family support you. VOs don't like it when people who are not your direct family are sponsors which siblings or parents

Reactions: pchouhan