+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience - Toronto (Brampton)

nice lady

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2009
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
IELTS Request
done and sent
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
27-6-2013
Med's Done....
3-7-2013
Passport Req..
3-1-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-1-2014
LANDED..........
12-0302014
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR G TEST YOU WILL PASS IT NO WORRIES

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi humsafar, yes I had done 4 classes @ 30$ each. I m at bovaird and mclaughlin interchange

humsafar said:
Wow got the G test date so quickly, that is cool man, How many road classes have you taken ?

by the way where are you staying in Brampton ?

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
coolguy2010 said:
Hi humsafar, yes I had done 4 classes @ 30$ each. I m at bovaird and mclaughlin interchange
All the best Coolguy... :)

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
coolguy2010 said:
So when is your test, and all the best for your G test and don't worry you will clear, my instructor told me that majority of people coming from UAE clear the G test in first attempt.

do share the experience.

Amjadbd

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
coolguy2010 said:
Hi guys,

Finally Landed at Toronto Pearson Airport thru KLM Airlines via Amsterdam. Flight service was good and everything was on time. We had halt at Amsterdam for 3.5 hours which we enjoyed seeing the airport , duty free,etc (no transit visa)

Now coming to Toronto Airport, after coming out of plane, there were 2 lines – a) Permanent Residents Entry and b) Visitors Visa. If u r landing first time, u need to go to Visitors Visa Line. (Many of this will be known but just want to share , as we had went to PR entry line and were trying to scan the Canada Visa which was not working)
Best of luck cool guy.
You will enter at Immigration who will check your passport (not COPR or goods to follow list ,etc). She will stamp ur passport and will ask you to go to CBSA officer who check your COPR and will ask you the address. Here we had address but there was one number (e.g 75) which was apartment number and I was not sure whether its Villa Number or Street Number. So make sure you understand ur address correctly. She ask me to update the address online or fax one form (she gave) to given number. For Proof of Funds , I had handed over the form which had US$ and CA$. She didn't ask the funds for checking. Finally she said “Welcome to Canada”.
After clearing from CBSA officer ( COPR and POF) , u will go ahead and u will get detailed explanation of Canada benefits, schooling, etc which will be explained by person at the counter.

After getting all brochures for Canada, you will move ahead for Customs for goods declaration. Normally they don't ask for Goods carried list and ask for Goods to Follow list. I had Goods to Follow list in excel sheet print out (6 pages) with nearly $60K. There was not much crowd and officer ask us to come. He ask do you have goods to follow list and I immediately handed over the list. He went through the list thoroughly one by one and said “GHEE” is not allowed. He cross that item and ask What's “MILK MASALA”. My wife explained him. Again he ask “What's “CHUDIDHAR” (indian dress) , we told that its indian dress for girls.
Then he was checking gold item list and ask do u have photos and we showed the photos. I asked him that I need to add 2 things which I missed and he said you can add it. I added manually in the list and he then trying to add the values in the list (as I had not given total value of goods at end of sheet)
Took a taxi for Brampton and it cost us 65$ from Pearson Airport to Brampton.
Next day, I went to Service Ontario for SIN Number and we got it in half hour. The lady well explained to us of Canada system ,etc. I had updated my address there as there are Desktops lying there for online service (free to use). There will be lady who will be helping if u r stuck up anywhere.
After SIN number, got my mobile SIM card ( please remember its not mandatory to give ur SIN Number to mobile card sellers for prepaid card atleast). For post paid card also, u don't need to give SIN but then u will not get SIM card. So its ur call to give the SIN number or not. I didn't gave SIN number to card sellers as it was prepaid.

SIN number is very important and keep it in proper custody. There may be misuse of your number.

On 2nd Day, I went for Driving test at Brampton . I showed my Dubai License, RTA letter (Attested one and its mandatory) with Passport. She gave me token and ask to pay. At other counter, the guy took my eye testing and confirmed my address, DOB, and name. I asked him that “Is Attestation mandatory on this letter”?. He said yes its mandatory and other lady staff also told with him the same thing.
I pass the G1 test and will be appearing for classes for G2 (3 to 4 classes). Each class will cost $30 and then I will be appearing for G2 test. Again then I need to take 3 to 4 classes for G test and then final test on highway.
Note:
1) In G1 test, there are two sets of questions – a) Sign test and b) Rules test.
2) Rules Test is tricky and suggest you to prepare yourself. There are some rules in Canada which you will know after you have practice. You can go to “ApnaToronto.com” for test.

This country is very calm and peaceful. People here are very polite and courteous. Everything is systematized and you will like it.

That's all for now and will keep you update guys.

Regards
Cool

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013

angelinyc

Jul 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy2010 said:
People here nice and friendly.

Its tough in terms of getting jobs as they don't recoginze international education or experience easily
Hi,

First of all congratulations for landing. I have been reading your posts and they are very helpful.

Good luck with job search. I have heard the same about jobs. So the battle is not over once you land...it continues until you get a suitable job :(

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Yes, the real struggle is getting the right job

angelinyc said:
Hi,

First of all congratulations for landing. I have been reading your posts and they are very helpful.

Good luck with job search. I have heard the same about jobs. So the battle is not over once you land...it continues until you get a suitable job :(

Picanto

Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thereds said:
Granted my posts have been a bit churlish and blunt but the sole reason for that is that this site is being abused by people who don't want to do any research themselves and that really annoys me. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

For example, that one chap is posting the same question about his airline ticket under multiple threads that bears no relevance to the topic being discussed. That's close to spamming for me and on other well moderated forums, the user either gets his question moved or deleted, and if he keeps doing this, eventually banned. The irony here is that I probably deserve the same for my 'responses' to him.

Lastly, when someone takes the time to provide a response such as Wilson did, the least the user who asked the original question could do is acknowledge the response provided rather than ask the same question again in the same thread.

I'll drop away now.
I quite understand how you feel.....I wonder sometimes at some of the questions being asked.
But then I think that they do all this just to become "member" "Hero Member" Star member" etc.

So I just skip over them.........
One doesnt have to read very thing that is posted.

Moreover, one needs to LEARN patience, tolerance and all that.

Peace!

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wish you good luck, all the best and I hope that UAE driving license holders will get it passed in their 1st attempt!

Thanks

coolguy2010 said:
Yes NN74, thanks for guiding that one........I have G test this week.......Let's hope for the best......

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
coolguy2010 said:
Hi guys,

Finally Landed at Toronto Pearson Airport thru KLM Airlines via Amsterdam. Flight service was good and everything was on time. We had halt at Amsterdam for 3.5 hours which we enjoyed seeing the airport , duty free,etc (no transit visa)

Now coming to Toronto Airport, after coming out of plane, there were 2 lines – a) Permanent Residents Entry and b) Visitors Visa. If u r landing first time, u need to go to Visitors Visa Line. (Many of this will be known but just want to share , as we had went to PR entry line and were trying to scan the Canada Visa which was not working)

You will enter at Immigration who will check your passport (not COPR or goods to follow list ,etc). She will stamp ur passport and will ask you to go to CBSA officer who check your COPR and will ask you the address. Here we had address but there was one number (e.g 75) which was apartment number and I was not sure whether its Villa Number or Street Number. So make sure you understand ur address correctly. She ask me to update the address online or fax one form (she gave) to given number. For Proof of Funds , I had handed over the form which had US$ and CA$. She didn't ask the funds for checking. Finally she said “Welcome to Canada”.
After clearing from CBSA officer ( COPR and POF) , u will go ahead and u will get detailed explanation of Canada benefits, schooling, etc which will be explained by person at the counter.

After getting all brochures for Canada, you will move ahead for Customs for goods declaration. Normally they don't ask for Goods carried list and ask for Goods to Follow list. I had Goods to Follow list in excel sheet print out (6 pages) with nearly $60K. There was not much crowd and officer ask us to come. He ask do you have goods to follow list and I immediately handed over the list. He went through the list thoroughly one by one and said “GHEE” is not allowed. He cross that item and ask What's “MILK MASALA”. My wife explained him. Again he ask “What's “CHUDIDHAR” (indian dress) , we told that its indian dress for girls.
Then he was checking gold item list and ask do u have photos and we showed the photos. I asked him that I need to add 2 things which I missed and he said you can add it. I added manually in the list and he then trying to add the values in the list (as I had not given total value of goods at end of sheet)
Took a taxi for Brampton and it cost us 65$ from Pearson Airport to Brampton.
Next day, I went to Service Ontario for SIN Number and we got it in half hour. The lady well explained to us of Canada system ,etc. I had updated my address there as there are Desktops lying there for online service (free to use). There will be lady who will be helping if u r stuck up anywhere.
After SIN number, got my mobile SIM card ( please remember its not mandatory to give ur SIN Number to mobile card sellers for prepaid card atleast). For post paid card also, u don't need to give SIN but then u will not get SIM card. So its ur call to give the SIN number or not. I didn't gave SIN number to card sellers as it was prepaid.

SIN number is very important and keep it in proper custody. There may be misuse of your number.

On 2nd Day, I went for Driving test at Brampton . I showed my Dubai License, RTA letter (Attested one and its mandatory) with Passport. She gave me token and ask to pay. At other counter, the guy took my eye testing and confirmed my address, DOB, and name. I asked him that “Is Attestation mandatory on this letter”?. He said yes its mandatory and other lady staff also told with him the same thing.
I pass the G1 test and will be appearing for classes for G2 (3 to 4 classes). Each class will cost $30 and then I will be appearing for G2 test. Again then I need to take 3 to 4 classes for G test and then final test on highway.
Note:
1) In G1 test, there are two sets of questions – a) Sign test and b) Rules test.
2) Rules Test is tricky and suggest you to prepare yourself. There are some rules in Canada which you will know after you have practice. You can go to “ApnaToronto.com” for test.

This country is very calm and peaceful. People here are very polite and courteous. Everything is systematized and you will like it.

That's all for now and will keep you update guys.

Regards
Cool
Congrats, Cool!

Goodluck on your G Test! I had tried during my one month stay and was lucky enough to pass :)

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Congrates meanne...

meanne said:
Congrats, Cool!

Goodluck on your G Test! I had tried during my one month stay and was lucky enough to pass :)

RajeevPillai

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2009
LANDED..........
15-04-2011
Good that you are taking the driving classes. Just remember 4 things during your G test...mirror check, blind spot, lane discipline and speed limit. Rest you can be assured to pass the test. I cleared in my first attempt ;D

AAJ

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR 13-10-2010, Full Documents Sent 19-01-11, 2nd AOR 16-06-2011
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
06-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2013
LANDED..........
April 2014 (IA)
RajeevPillai said:
Good that you are taking the driving classes. Just remember 4 things during your G test...mirror check, blind spot, lane discipline and speed limit. Rest you can be assured to pass the test. I cleared in my first attempt ;D
Good one... +1 for you... :)

suryavanshi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/4/2010
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
6/3/2013
Med's Done....
on 30/3/2013 ECAS 3rd line on 15/4/13
Interview........
hopefully waived off (RPRF encashed on 17/4/13)
Passport Req..
6/3/2013 (sent complete application package to NDVO on 6/4/13 through DHL Blue Dart)
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet received
LANDED..........
God`s will
coolguy2010 said:
Congrates meanne...
Hi coolguy,
Hi bro.Iam from NEW delhi visa office applicant...my FD in bank... already last month matured as i kept FD for 3 months only (sent PP,POF FD,MR,RPRF along with complete application package in april 2013 ,RPRF DD`s encashed on 17/4/2013).What I thought will get visa in 35 days so I have shown for 3 months.but due to strike proceesing delayed not yet received pprts and visas.now my question is `is CHC will agian contacts me,to show funds once again?.... is they refuse to grant visa??? What will happens..other wise shall I send once again fresh FD certificate?plz respond..thanx in advance