+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience - Toronto (Brampton)

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
hi coolguy,

Can you share some material / tips for G2 preparation !

Anyone from Saudi - which type of letter from maroor do we need to take with regards to driving license, please share details if someone has undergone through this process.

Thanks
Hasni, what about the G1 exam?

sandy_dakore

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Anand, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
09-02-2011
IELTS Request
04-10-2010
File Transfer...
15-may-2012
Med's Request
01-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Interview........
DM on 04-10-2013
Passport Req..
PP sent on 10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 october 2013
LANDED..........
21-11-2013
Need help for share base accomodation in brampton. if anybody help me to find out job over there. I am landing in toronto on 21 nov. plz reply me soon.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
hi coolguy,

Can you share some material / tips for G2 preparation !

Anyone from Saudi - which type of letter from maroor do we need to take with regards to driving license, please share details if someone has undergone through this process.

Thanks
Hasni, if you have my no. you can give me a call, ill guide you through

rgds.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Hasni, what about the G1 exam?
thanks for correction, yes I meant G1 infact. Thank you so much for explaining all in detail. I have downloaded the app you suggested, besides I have also found some online practice tests for G1 on given link
http://find-a-driving-school.ca/free-g1-practice-tests/g1-practice-test-road-signs/
Appreciate your help itsbeenlong :)

murtuzali

Nov 1, 2013
hi,

congrats on your arrrival to toronto.

I have been trying for canada as well. i live in UAE too. I just need to know which lawyer/consultants you have contacted as i am trying to find one who can work on my case.
rgds

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
thanks for correction, yes I meant G1 infact. Thank you so much for explaining all in detail. I have downloaded the app you suggested, besides I have also found some online practice tests for G1 on given link
http://find-a-driving-school.ca/free-g1-practice-tests/g1-practice-test-road-signs/
Appreciate your help itsbeenlong :)
You're welcome, & Good luck!

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
You can apply yourself rather than going to cheater consultants

murtuzali said:
hi,

congrats on your arrrival to toronto.

I have been trying for canada as well. i live in UAE too. I just need to know which lawyer/consultants you have contacted as i am trying to find one who can work on my case.
rgds

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
coolguy2010 said:
You can apply yourself rather than going to cheater consultants
I was rejected by one of the most reputed consultant in 2010 and then applied by myself and recently got visas too.
You know about yourself much better than anybody else so do your research,take help of such sites and will b through.
Regards
Edmonta

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
coolguy2010 said:
Hi guys,

Finally Landed at Toronto Pearson Airport thru KLM Airlines via Amsterdam. Flight service was good and everything was on time. We had halt at Amsterdam for 3.5 hours which we enjoyed seeing the airport , duty free,etc (no transit visa)

Now coming to Toronto Airport, after coming out of plane, there were 2 lines – a) Permanent Residents Entry and b) Visitors Visa. If u r landing first time, u need to go to Visitors Visa Line. (Many of this will be known but just want to share , as we had went to PR entry line and were trying to scan the Canada Visa which was not working)

You will enter at Immigration who will check your passport (not COPR or goods to follow list ,etc). She will stamp ur passport and will ask you to go to CBSA officer who check your COPR and will ask you the address. Here we had address but there was one number (e.g 75) which was apartment number and I was not sure whether its Villa Number or Street Number. So make sure you understand ur address correctly. She ask me to update the address online or fax one form (she gave) to given number. For Proof of Funds , I had handed over the form which had US$ and CA$. She didn't ask the funds for checking. Finally she said “Welcome to Canada”.
After clearing from CBSA officer ( COPR and POF) , u will go ahead and u will get detailed explanation of Canada benefits, schooling, etc which will be explained by person at the counter.

After getting all brochures for Canada, you will move ahead for Customs for goods declaration. Normally they don't ask for Goods carried list and ask for Goods to Follow list. I had Goods to Follow list in excel sheet print out (6 pages) with nearly $60K. There was not much crowd and officer ask us to come. He ask do you have goods to follow list and I immediately handed over the list. He went through the list thoroughly one by one and said “GHEE” is not allowed. He cross that item and ask What's “MILK MASALA”. My wife explained him. Again he ask “What's “CHUDIDHAR” (indian dress) , we told that its indian dress for girls.
Then he was checking gold item list and ask do u have photos and we showed the photos. I asked him that I need to add 2 things which I missed and he said you can add it. I added manually in the list and he then trying to add the values in the list (as I had not given total value of goods at end of sheet)
Took a taxi for Brampton and it cost us 65$ from Pearson Airport to Brampton.
Next day, I went to Service Ontario for SIN Number and we got it in half hour. The lady well explained to us of Canada system ,etc. I had updated my address there as there are Desktops lying there for online service (free to use). There will be lady who will be helping if u r stuck up anywhere.
After SIN number, got my mobile SIM card ( please remember its not mandatory to give ur SIN Number to mobile card sellers for prepaid card atleast). For post paid card also, u don't need to give SIN but then u will not get SIM card. So its ur call to give the SIN number or not. I didn't gave SIN number to card sellers as it was prepaid.

SIN number is very important and keep it in proper custody. There may be misuse of your number.

On 2nd Day, I went for Driving test at Brampton . I showed my Dubai License, RTA letter (Attested one and its mandatory) with Passport. She gave me token and ask to pay. At other counter, the guy took my eye testing and confirmed my address, DOB, and name. I asked him that “Is Attestation mandatory on this letter”?. He said yes its mandatory and other lady staff also told with him the same thing.
I pass the G1 test and will be appearing for classes for G2 (3 to 4 classes). Each class will cost $30 and then I will be appearing for G2 test. Again then I need to take 3 to 4 classes for G test and then final test on highway.
Note:
1) In G1 test, there are two sets of questions – a) Sign test and b) Rules test.
2) Rules Test is tricky and suggest you to prepare yourself. There are some rules in Canada which you will know after you have practice. You can go to “ApnaToronto.com” for test.

This country is very calm and peaceful. People here are very polite and courteous. Everything is systematized and you will like it.

That's all for now and will keep you update guys.

Regards
Cool
Hi
Thanks for sharing ur landing experience with us and wish u best of luck for your better future. Brother, i m also migrating from dubai. Can u please share theRTA letter type with me so that i can also keep that handy with me while coming and applying for license?also , pls share ur email id with me via PM to contact u

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Rahul Dutta said:
Hi
Thanks for sharing ur landing experience with us and wish u best of luck for your better future. Brother, i m also migrating from dubai. Can u please share theRTA letter type with me so that i can also keep that handy with me while coming and applying for license?also , pls share ur email id with me via PM to contact u
Dear All,

I just landed back in Dubai after 1 month visit in Toronto. Weather was cold & last day while I was leaving it was snow in the morning. Everything is very systematic & I liked the place. Got driving licence G class after 10 days of Landing. Obtain a Dubai RTA letter about your driving experience from RTA main office in Albarsha near Gold & Diamond park with a RTA stamp on it. When you go Canada, study on website about G1 exam, its a written test with 20x2 questions about Canada driving rules & road signs. You have to pass atleast 16 answers in each section to get G1. Once I got G1, I booked directly 3 classes for G (Full licence) & gave road test after a week and got G licence. It costed 35$ per class plus RT fee, etc separate. If you are confident about your driving, go for G test directly but if you fail in G driving test, you have to downgrade and go for G2 test. Again take classes and go for G test. If you have more than 24month experience in Dubai driving there is no wait period and you can book test date earliest available. Hope that will help :)

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope this video helps!

I FILMED MY DRIVING TEST! (AND PASSED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwb3_dN-3dM

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
HeisenbergCanada said:
Hope this video helps!

+1 for sharing.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Nice one :)
HeisenbergCanada said:
Hope this video helps!

kehr

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2010
File Transfer...
in proces may 2012
Med's Request
waiting...................................................
Dear friends..
is it necesary to make a list of our luggage during landing..?