Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Oh, thank you, that's a relief. It still felt a little odd to have my voluntary withdrawal written on my COPR. At least the American border guard was nice and joking around with us ;D that made it easier.

I just have to remind myself that the hassle really doesn't matter in the end, because I'm officially a PR now ;D.
i drove home from Pacific Hwy crossing yesterday with my family.. apparently i only saw the "OPEN" sign with green light above and didnt see the "red light" below... i got a lecture.. "didnt you see we two officers were talking?" lol...

the US CBP one was nicer only cuz they knew my family was going to spend money and shopping on the 4th...
i think CBSA generally does not like it; when it's too busy.

no matter what.. now you are a PR.. once you get your card; you can do what i do.. go to American side and fill up tank and get food for a hour visit and then back.

you wouldn't believe what we bought the other day.. 17 cent LED bulb; obviously we are free riding uncle Sam's subsidizes.. we bought 20 of them.. without America next door; low income families would pay more on food and living expense in B.C. LED bulbs otherwise would cost 50 times more in B.C than WA.

some of CBSAs might misunderstood about shoppers; thought they just go there to get luxury items.. in fact, many travelers like us just go to get gas and food; in order to avoid high expense.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
yijiequ said:
i drove home from Pacific Hwy crossing yesterday with my family.. apparently i only saw the "OPEN" sign with green light above and didnt see the "red light" below... i got a lecture.. "didnt you see we two officers were talking?" lol...

the US CBP one was nicer only cuz they knew my family was going to spend money and shopping on the 4th...

no matter what.. now you are a PR.. once you get your card; you can do what i do.. go to American side and fill up tank and get food for a hour visit and then back.

you wouldn't believe what we bought the other day.. 17 cent LED bulb; obviously we are free riding uncle Sam's subsidizes.. we bought 20 of them.. without America next door; low income families would pay more on food and living expense in B.C. LED bulbs otherwise would cost 50 times more in B.C than WA.

some of CBSAs might misunderstood about shoppers; thought they just go there to get luxury items.. in fact, many travelers like us just go to get gas and food; in order to avoid high expense.
No lines at the border?

Wondering how it works out for new immigrants who need to leave Canada (go home to back/family emergency in country of origin) before receiving the PR card. Let alone the inconvenience in settlement without a proper ID.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
wyho007 said:
No lines at the border?

Wondering how it works out for new immigrants who need to leave Canada (go home to back/family emergency in country of origin) before receiving the PR card. Let alone the inconvenience in settlement without a proper ID.
i know eh? i hope all of you get PR card quick.

make sure you download a border wait times app... with me? i have the NEXUS pass. cuz i travel quite often to the US and Mexico. so no wait.. but if i go with other family; i have to use the regular lane.. the wait can be anywhere from 10--20mins; if it;s not busy.
the line up has significantly reduced for the past few years .. used to be like 1 hour.

the price gap is too much between B.C and WA. so i have to go down there and shop everything; plus I live on Vancouver Island; everything needs to be shipped to the Island, more carbon tax added. at least once a month; i buy bulk on the US side. from toilet paper to shampoo..cheese. lol. also drop off mail and package. i own an online shop; USPS is twice cheaper than Canada Post.. most of my business mails; even to Canada, i have to drop them off on the US side. this way I can avoid 13% HST sales tax to Ontario. lol.. i know i am so cheap.. haha.. that's how business world works. sorry..

MexiJen

Mar 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa and Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed 24/10/2016, CIC Received 26/10/2016
Doc's Request.
03/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA by E-Mail 08/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04/05/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10/05/2016
yijiequ said:

We will be landing at Vancouver International Airport in a few weeks but very late at night. We have been living in Mexico but my common - law spouse is American. He has been accepted for his PR so we are thinking of driving the next day to Pacific Crossing or Point Roberts to get this landing/check-in over with but what about the things he wants to bring with him. We are going to Seattle a few days later and could check in upon our return. I am just looking for the least about of hassle. It also says he has until March 2017 to check in. Does anyone have any suggestions or a phone number where we could actually talk to someone? Thanks in advance!

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Have to call cbsa then..1-800-461-9999

[

quote author=MexiJen link=topic=434559.msg5333291#msg5333291 date=1469031306]
We will be landing at Vancouver International Airport in a few weeks but very late at night. We have been living in Mexico but my common - law spouse is American. He has been accepted for his PR so we are thinking of driving the next day to Pacific Crossing or Point Roberts to get this landing/check-in over with but what about the things he wants to bring with him. We are going to Seattle a few days later and could check in upon our return. I am just looking for the least about of hassle. It also says he has until March 2017 to check in. Does anyone have any suggestions or a phone number where we could actually talk to someone? Thanks in advance!
[/quote]