+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls- May-2016

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
I did my in-land landing at Rainbow Bridge this past saturday May 28 2016. I didn't choose to book an appointment at a local office because I wanted to get it done ASAP. Also this past weekend was American Long-weekend (Memorial Day), however that is irrelevant as I will explain further.

I arrived and parked my car with my wife and son in the city and walked to the bridged. Did the pedestrian exit and re-entered. This is the only real benefit of Rainbow Bridge as it allows you to skip going through US customs and re-entering. First officer handed me a yellow slip and asked me to enter the office building across the road. Second officer took my COPR,passport and yellow slip and said it will be a 2 hour wait. I was a little upset, but I sucked it up and went to the waiting area where there were at-least 15-20 people waiting to do landing for PR or get work/study permits. 3 hours later I was still waiting. The officers over there take their sweet time. There were atleast 8-9 officers behind the desk. But only 1 was working on landings. Then they would go on several breaks and not work at all while 20 people are just sitting and waiting. I asked one officer to find out how much longer I'd have to wait. He said that Rainbow Bridge does more Landings in one year than ALL the border crossing combined. He also told me that LEWISTON BORDER CROSSING which is a 15 minute drive from Niagara Falls is always faster and wait times there are around 10 mins even on a Saturday morning.
I also observed another fellow landing applicant give up. He was given his passport back and he said he'll try again later. Had I known that I would never have agreed to wait and wouldve driven to Lewiston right away.

3.5 hours later I was finally called up to sign my COPR and I was out. It was all a bit anti-climatic.

My advice is, if you are in the Toronto-Niagara Region and will be landing. Go to the Lewiston Bridge or book an appointment at your local CIC office by calling 18882422100 Option 7 and then press 0. The only drawback of booking an appointment is you may have to wait 7-10 days more which I did not want to do.

AVOID RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
Thanks for sharing your experience

3.5 hours wait is brutal. I am planning to do landing in the coming weekend so your advice will help me to choose better option

Thanks again

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Never plan your landing on a weekend. Happened with my friend as well. We went to rainbow bridge on Tuesday, Took 20 mins for us. My advise plan on weekdays if you are landing at Rainbow bridge.
Redd congrats again.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
On the other hand 3.5 hours wait for a potential lifetime in Canada seems a small inconvenience.

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
nmeka said:
Never plan your landing on a weekend. Happened with my friend as well. We went to rainbow bridge on Tuesday, Took 20 mins for us. My advise plan on weekdays if you are landing at Rainbow bridge.
Redd congrats again.
Thank You, Congratulations to you as well!

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
redd23 said:
Sure in that context you are right. However, I have a 2 year old toddler who gets fussy after a while when hes confined to a small space and was very frustrated.

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
I had to copy and paste my experience I posted some months ago...just because I had a totally different experience...Look out for the bolded area

Landed on Saturday(Feb 20th 2016) at Rainbow Bridge Niagara. Finding the bridge was simple using a map.
Drove to the USA and was stopped by the USA officer, he asked for my passport (good to have it handy).
Gave him the passport and told him straight away that I came to complete my PR process and came for flagpool since I didnt have a USA visa.
He called another officer and directed me to a gate (like 10secs drive). The second officer asked me to park and wait for another officer for further instructions.
The third officer came out in about 1 minute and opened a gate, gave me an "entry denial letter" saying that I should show this on the canada side.
Drove back to canada...(another 10secs drive). Met the first Canadian officer at the toll gate, paid $3.50 and drove to the Canadian Boarder Office..(like 1-2 mins drive).
Got to the check point(second toll gate), the second Canadian officer, who was extremely nice, asked for my passport and the letter the USA guys gave me. He asked a series of questions that had obvious answers of NO....(do you have a gun in your car etc). After there he directed me to the parking spot and said I should go into the office.
I got to the office and gave my passport and letter from the USA to them at the desk and was asked to sit down.
I came in early (about 8am) there was literally nobody at the waiting area. Just me.
I was called to the desk....nice looking female officer( I believe they are called Officers as well). She asked for my COPR and category (CEC), gave it to her, she did some paper work and asked for my ID to confirm my address, gave her my driver's license.
She then asked another series of obvious NO answers and I signed the PR documents. Then she said welcome to Canada.
I gave them back all the work permit documents I had and left the building like a BOSS. Next stop? Niagara falls.
In all, the process was under 10mins. I didnt even have to show POF or employment letter of any sort. Just the documents that came with my passport from ottawa....and of cos my driver's license. The return of work permit documents I had to remind them.
Hope my long story makes your journey to LANDING a smooth one...Peace out

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Landed yesterday at Rainbow Bridge around 7:30 pm. I was the only one there to Land so in total took me 10-15 mins. Everyone was friendly. The officer on the US side looked at me and said you are here for Landing right. I said yes, then he gave me the refusal entry paper, went back to canadian side, he asked me few general questions like why i am flagpolling, do i have any goods to declare etc. Then he guided me to the immigration officer. The lady asked for my copr, passport and any piece of paper which has my current address on it. then asked me to wait and after 5 mins called me and its done.

Super easy.

Sandshrew

Aug 1, 2016
Guys,

Could anyone advise whether I need a US visa to do a flag polling at the Rainbow Bridge? My US visa has expired and now I have to do my PR landing.
Thanks much in advance.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you guys let me know is it fine if I do landing after making a trip to home country after 6 weeks. does COPR valid for more than 1 month. Is it necessary for inlands to do landing ASAP or can be done before validity expires? I hoping get PR in a month. I have valid work permit until July. I am planning to go in May end and return early July and do landing at that time.