+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Journey of Express Entry

xyz21

Dec 19, 2015
I have been following this forum from the time I had entered into the express entry pool but never registered. It had been such a great help for me to read the posts and know whats happening. Now when I have finally got my COPR, I would like to share my story with others who are still in the process.
Total points = 450
Entered pool = 18th July'15
ITA = 18th Sep'15
AOR = 4th Nov'15 (same day)
Medical passed = 6th Nov'15
Schedule A request = 6th Nov'15
Schedule A Submitted = 9th Nov'15
ECAS = IN PROCESS (Checked on 10th Nov)
Background Check in Progress = 27th Nov'15
PPR = 8th Dec
Passports submitted = 10th Dec
CoPR = 15th Dec'15

I had applied with my spouse. I am a dentist. Shown 3+ years of experience. IELTS = L = 8.5, S = 8, R = 7, W = 7. I did'nt had enough available funds in my account. So I took 6lac from my parents and made a FD on 20th July, just after entering the pool. Also 2 lac transferred from my husbands account into mine in the month of July and August. I am the principle applicant and we showed all the funds just under my name. We had hired an agent, but don't rely completely on them. Check everything yourself. At the time of submission of file after ITA, our funds were three and half months old. But we had the funds before ITA. We submitted a FD Certificate with opening and maturity date. Balance confirmation certificate showing current balance in the account and average of past 6 months. Current was around $5200 and 6 month average was around $3400. Plus we had letter from bank to confirm the total funds in the account, Account opening dates, confirming the funds are liquid, free of any liens and debts, Available to use anytime etc. No bank statements were submitted. No explanation from where funds came as they were less than 6 months old. We were prepared to show proof if asked but I think if you have funds before ITA then you are good to go. Also our Medical type was selected as WORKER - NON EDE. I had read some confusion about this so just mentioned. It had been a smooth journey for us. Best of luck to all others who are still waiting. Hope you will hear the good news soon :)

limbo

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Congratulations! My application was submitted in September but still stuck under eligibility review in progress, background check in progress. Yours went by really fast!

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
What stream are you under?
Cec? FSW? In or Outland?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Very swift process. Good luck for your future.

babarsaeed02263

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Hi XYZ21,

Congrats for your successful journey with CIC.

I have a question to ask and shall appreciate for your reply.

What is average balance?

I have a bank account and maintaining it, my chief source of money in is my salaries which i receive from my employer on monthly basis.

thanks,

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats for a smooth processing with CIC...
and wish you good luck for your new life in Canada..

Keep this thread alive by sharing with us your real-life experiences in Canada..

Bon Chance pour votre niveau vie au Canada !

harry899

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/09
AOR Received.
07/11
File Transfer...
06/11
Med's Done....
10/11, BG: IP 05/04
Passport Req..
12/04
Congratulationx :)

Honitin

Dec 14, 2015
Congratulations xyz21 ..just a question regarding agent, would be able to throw some light on how useful it was. I dont know whether forum rules allow me to ask agent name and rate. But, any info in that regard will be helpful. Planning to start the process next week.

xyz21

Dec 19, 2015
Average balance is the average balance of your account over the past 6 months. Every bank calculate it differently. It is the requirement that if you are getting a letter from your bank to confirm balance, they should mention the average balance as well. I followed the generic document checklist on CIC website to make sure I don't miss out on anything. I thought average balance was calculated by adding end balance of each month for past 6 months divided by 6. But my bank calculated it differently. They calculated it on daily basis. So you can check with your bank how they do it. I have also read that if the bank refuses to give that just provide 6 month bank statement along with current balance confirmation certificate.

xyz21

Dec 19, 2015
We hired the agent as we were not sure how to apply and all. But, trust me we knew better than our agent. I am from Punjab and here agents charge around 1 lac. Plus they have different plans 1 time payment, part payment. You can negotiate as well, they would not like to loose a client. We prepared our papers ourself by reading on CIC website checklist, reading forums etc. But I think it's not difficult to even do it yourself. We are anytime more educated than these agents. I sat with my agent throughout, during submitting file after ITA, loading documents. I would say always check what they are filling, it's your file, don't leave it upto them.