26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
room.
I got into the room and this is my experience with VO:

Me: Good morning Ma'am

VO: No response( probably see did not hear me greet)

VO: I am , (she mentioned her name),I am the Visa officer.

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: why do you want to study ACCA?

Me: There is necessity for me to expand my business,and to contribute more to the development of

my family business,and ACCA will give me prvilege to acquire the skills needed.

VO: I could see you have Cs in Financial Accounting and Mathematics on your O/Levels which

means you are just a bit above average in the subjects,how will be able to pursue the prog?

(Meanwhile,I actually have E8 in Accounting)

Me: ACCA is not limited to Accounting alone. It extends is scope to the whole financial

education,which includes decision making,managerial operation,financial management etc.

Furthermore,I have better and improved grades in Accounting at my higher education level. You

can check my ND results.

VO: I can't see any transcript here, (glancing through my documents)

Me: it's there

VO : Oh. I can see it(glancing through the results) Though I am not really sure if she see the course

(Principle of Accounting1&2 and cost accounting 1&2 but it is there and I think she was satisfied.

VO: how come you have mostly Cs on your O/level(she was focusing on the accounting as subject)

and As on your higher education results?

Me: It shows my determination. I was determined to improve on my studies when I get to higher

institution,and improvement reflects on my result at higher level.

VO: when did you complete your higher education? (still glancing through results)

Me: March,2004

VO: I could not see any document indicating this on your result. (she checked careful and I also told

her it's there). Oh. I can see. She saw it on my certificate. While,checking my results,she went to the

last page and saw that the last was project.

VO: what was your project at the Polytechnic about?

Me: research

VO: research about what?

Me: Marketing

VO: how did you do the research?

Me: The project was mainly based on paperwork. Teachings are mainly based on theory(she cuts

in)
, VO: I know that.(she was telling she already knew that teachings are based on theory in 9ja)
What was the project about?

VO: what is Marketing?

Me: (framed a definition,from the experience in management) Marketing is the introduction and

distribution of products to (acquire) customers. (All management students/professionals in the

house,I am sorry to use "to ACQUIRE customers",that was what came to my mouth) Yet,I think I

made my point to her.

VO: Marketing what?

Me: finished product

VO: what kind of product?

Me: ( I initially wanted to fumble,but God sent Angel Gabriel to me) I didnt want to mention

product I cant defend. Within a snap,I gained ground again and replied: local soap

VO: so,how did you market your product?

Me: I went into the local market,introduced the soap to the local market women,and told them to

come out with their dirty clothes and dresses,washed the dirty clothes with the sample product and

compared it with the ones they have,then I gained their approval.

VO: what is the name of the company?

Me: Fanol(just mentioned the name) though the company exist but, hmmmn

VO: how about the company now?(trying to ask the well being of the company)

Me: I dont knw the progress and present stand of the company as I only went their for the project.

VO: Did the Polytechnic instructed you to work on the Company?

Me: No. The Polytechnic only gave me topic(Marketing) to work on,and I submitted my research

report after conclusion.

VO: what are the (documents) you will request to know the financial health of a company?

Me: Balance sheet,Profit&loss account and Financial report(The financial report just came to my

mouth,though I am sure of the Balance sheet and P&L account) , Meanwhile,she noted the 3points

down.

VO: how will you use Balance to know the financial health of the company?

Me: I will differentiate it's Assets(both fixed and current) from it liabilities

VO: how about P&L account?

Me: The P&L will be used to determine the loss and profit of the company within a period of time.

VO: what of the financial report?

Me: it is the general report of the financial status of a company.

VO: what do you mean by general report?

Me: It is the summary of the total assets and liabilities of the company,and the report of the

financial status of the company.

VO: so,what will be your recommendation to the company?

Me: I will suggest to the company not to rely on their liabilities, and to utilize their capital resources

efficiently.

VO: what do you mean by not relying on their liabilities?

Me: I will advice the company not to rely mainly loan,because the present economic situation is

very unpredictable especially when it comes to finance and loan(I have forgotten the term I

used,but the point I stated I actually what I meant)
NOTE: she noted the above questions and even the sub-explanations on the printed paper where

she threw her questions from. {I think she wants to award score on her own(I saw her made a huge

lines line pass mark below) Not sure what it means though. only known to her}

VO: what do you mean by capital resources?

Me: Human and financial resources,which includes fixed and current assets like cash in hand,cash at

bank,employee and properties etc.

VO: Won't you entertain fear if you were given account of a high profile company to work on?

Me: No. As long as I have the adequate skills and knowledge needed,I wont entertain any fear.

VO: Have you ever enrolled with ICAN?

Me: No. ACCA superceeds ICAN.

VO: You intend to study ACCA at Stouffville college in toronto,do you realize ACCA is not recognize

the Canada,and you might not be employed after your studies in Canada?

Me: I am not pursuing ACCA to get employed in Canada,I want to acquire the skills to develop my

own business and family business.

VO: (going through a paper she has with her,guess that's where she highlighted some of the

questions she was throwing) Yes, XXX company is your family business?

Me; Yes Ma'am

VO: and the name of your own business is XXX

Me: Yes Ma'am

VO: what do?

Me: I sell Plumbing&Building materials,Sanitary ware and I am into Plumbing&fitting.

VO: Do you still work at your family business?

Me: I concentrate mainly on my own business,though I still a decision maker in my family business.

VO: you do you at your family business?

Me: I contribute to the decision making of the company.

VO: is your father sponsoring you?

Me: No. I am sponsoring myself.

VO: I didn't see any of your financial documents here.

Me: They are there. that's my VAT letter.

VO: I can't find any financial documents like your Bank statements,Tax certificate etc

Me: I have my Bank statements of account,VAT letter etc there.

VO: This is VAT letter not Tax certificate.

Me: Yes Ma'am. Taxation system is not good in Nigeria,especially in my state. I was at the IRS

office in my state and I was told it will take a long time for them to process the certificate.

VO: when did you start the business?

Me: 2008

Me: My receipts and invoices are there.

VO: You have your receipts and invoices here.

VO: (checking my documents again) I can't see your Bank statement of account.

Me: It's there. I submitted it.

VO: ok. I have see something, (reference letter from the Bank) Access Bank Plc. right?

Me: Yes. Ma'am

VO: This is only a reference letter.

Me: I attached Bank statement with the reference letter.

VO: Yes. We normally detach it.

Me: alright Ma'am

VO: Maybe it is under verification

Me: Ok Ma'am

VO: give me sometime to find the Bank statement.

Me: No problem Ma'am

VO: Yes. Your Bank statement of account is under verification. We shall get back to you whether

you will be called for medical or not( I am not sure of the final statement,owing to anxiety)****PLS.

NOTE: The last word I heard and copied from her is that YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS UNDER

VERIFICATION and I also heard MEDICAL TEST.

My only worry is that while I was been interviewed,I stylishly read through the (printed paper) she

had with her,where she threw most of her questions,I guess it's little summary of my profile and the

key highlight she based her questions on. The words are very tiny though. I stressed my eyes and

on the final line of the printed paper,I saw a word like "Recommendation: refusal"

Though I saw this while still facing the interview,but it even gives me more courage to answer the

questions and I went back to it when the lady excuses herself to find my bank statement of acct.
I keep pondering on the word. Maybe they want to have a rethink and reverse the action. I think if

they want to refuse me,they will immediately do that without calling me for interview. why will they

call me for interview again,if I am right what I saw? why dont they verify my account since all these

days? maybe the account verification is the main issue that delays their decision?
When I got back to my city,barely 15mins after my arrival,exactly 2:45pm. I received a call from

my Bank that do I have any request from CDHC,and I responded immediately that I do. I also think

if they are refusing me,can they still take their time to verify my bank statement? If my Bank

statement is the main issue that is preventing them for calling me for medical,then I am very

confident and optimistic! cos the account belongs to me,and it is 100% genuine.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
That's one heck of an interview~ You managed well. I hope it will be good. Don't Worry :)

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it went well overall, anyhow GOOD LUCK mate !!:)

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
@jigzyy and xmaanix,
Thx so much for ur comment and encouragement. I will keep you posted of the outcome.
ciao

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What an interview???

Congratulations you didnt disappoint us.You have definatley passed it.

Now start looking for affordable flights to CANADA.

SAFE JOURNEY MAN TO CANADA.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear ACCA247

yes , you have done it excellent ! wait for the call "Medical test "
wish you success!

imu

netchaos

Aug 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is some interview :eek: , Man you did well. Is it normal to have this kind of interviews in your country ?

Reactions: Temiji_

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
@Habil & Imu,
Thanx so much for your words of encouragement and wishes. I will keep you posted of the response(Insha Allah)
I am also looking forward to flying to Canada soon.
thx.
ciao

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
@netchaos,
Thx. it all depends on the VO and the circumstances surrounding your story. I think its normal in my case. I left school since 2004 and the VO might think I am not a genuine student. she might think I just want to use the advantage of study visa to elope to Canada. I keep my faith in God and I'm praying for positive response. I will keep all u guyz posted of the outcome.
ciao

RAJA045

Apr 29, 2011
Congratulations man!!!
from all indications you did extremely well and I think they will give you the permit. One tricky question they almost always ask is Why do you want to study ACCA in Canada and not your Home country? and in most cases they nail people down with that question but it seems you were lucky the VO did not ask you that question. I happy for you and pray that they will call you very soon for your medicals.
I have also applied for my permit to go sudy ACCA in CANADA but my school is LSBF.

Was the VO a Canadian or a Nigerian who has been employed by the CDHC?

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
@Raja045,
thx. for your comment. I also hope I am called for the medical soon. Refering to your message that the VO usually use this question"Why do you want to study ACCA in Canada and not your Home country?" to nail people down. The VO tactically asked a question relating to that. She asked if I have ever enrolled to the Institute Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (a professional accounting body in Nigeria and West Africa). I quickly knocked her down that ACCA is superior to ICAN certification.
The Visa Officer is a Canadian. I short white lady in her late 40s

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great efforts and well done in the interview.

I'm sure you will receive the medical call soon.

GS

danydavito

May 17, 2010
My man, this is great!
Your courage to put forth a challenge even after you saw the minute writing "Consideration:Refusal" is amazing
I challenge your courage and pray God rewards it with success
The wisdom God gave you to tackle and knock out some points that she also wanted to hold on is also great
You have done your part and May God take you through the rest of it all
Wish you good great news soon

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
@GS_stud
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I will keep you posted of the response.

@Danydavito,
thx so much my brother and fellow 9ja. I appreciate ur words of enouragement and prayer. Though I got criticism from someone from nairaland. Yet,I keep my faith alive because he is not God and he is not the visa officer. Though he might me right veiwing my case from his own perspective,but I think i have thrown in my best and I leave the rest for God. He has the best for me. I believe. Thanx so much. I will keep u posted when I hear from CDHC.
ciao

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
@ ACCA247: My brother, dat was such and interview. You did well. Remember in things like this, we only can try our best and leave the rest to God. I am still waiting to hear from CHC London. I submitted on the 17th of May and I am sure it reached to them on the 18th of MAY. I have heard nothing yet. Mine is for ACCA in LSBF. I have Bsc in Accounting and Msc in Accounting from a UK University. I am looking up to God. Forget the decision you saw...We know how it is back home in 9ja and I know that God sees the heart and intent. Dont loose hope at all. The battle is for the Lord...If you read your bible rem..."It is not of Him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but it is of the Lord that showeth Mercy"! Be courageous and be positive....Take care and Take charge!!!It is well