+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My In-law LMIA

hakimade

Apr 28, 2020
Hi everyone I work with an Financial institution here in SK, I want to hire as my In-House nanny and I will like to apply for a positive LMIA for her but will like to know if
1) I can apply LMIA for my INLAW (elder brother's wife)?
2) Do I really need to have a Business Number and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Registration before I can apply? IF NO, What do I need instead of this?

Thank

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone I work with an Financial institution here in SK, I want to hire as my In-House nanny and I will like to apply for a positive LMIA for her but will like to know if
2) Do I really need to have a Business Number and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Registration before I can apply? IF NO, What do I need instead of this?

Thank
You can certainly try if she has the qualifications needed and work history. It is very hard to hire family members because the program has been abused as a way to easily have family members immigrate. Is your SIL a nurse or have history as a nanny?

hakimade

Apr 28, 2020
Thanks for the response she has been working as a nanny for 4 years till date and Do I really need to have a Business Number and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Registration before I can apply? IF NO, What do I need instead of this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response she has been working as a nanny for 4 years till date and Do I really need to have a Business Number and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Business Registration before I can apply? IF NO, What do I need instead of this?
Follow the instructions.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Thank
Yes, you do . You require a payroll account from the CRA from which you’ll pay the employee . It’s MANDATORY.
To prove you have one, you’ll need to submit a PD7A, Statement of Account, which you’ll receive in the mail when you register, if you don’t the application will be rejected
There’s nothing in its place to get . You require one
You’re paying the employee minus deductions. What’s the issue ? It’s mandatory to pay them and pay taxes on their earnings

Last edited: