+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My in-land PR application got returned due to mistake. Can i retroactively add an open work permit?

Dellace

Jan 8, 2019
A small mistake caused my packet to be returned. Going to correct the mistake and pour over to get it right this time.

The first time i sent it in, i failed to include an open work permit, which opens me up to being out of status. Now i have a chance to correct this mistake. Would it be okay to include one now that i have it in my hands again? Sadly, my visa renewal application was denied and a visitors visa restoration application is being processed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
A small mistake caused my packet to be returned. Going to correct the mistake and pour over to get it right this time.

The first time i sent it in, i failed to include an open work permit, which opens me up to being out of status. Now i have a chance to correct this mistake. Would it be okay to include one now that i have it in my hands again? Sadly, my visa renewal application was denied and a visitors visa restoration application is being processed.
Yes, it's as if it was a brand new application, so you can add the OWP application to it.

Dellace

Jan 8, 2019
Yes, it's as if it was a brand new application, so you can add the OWP application to it.
Sources are saying that i need to be "In status" in order to apply for or gain an open work permit. My visa expired February and my renewal application was rejected (Application for restoration sent in and being processed currently). Am i technically still in status thanks to that 90 day grace period?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019

Yes you can include your work permit application

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Sources are saying that i need to be "In status" in order to apply for or gain an open work permit. My visa expired February and my renewal application was rejected (Application for restoration sent in and being processed currently). Am i technically still in status thanks to that 90 day grace period?
No you are out of status.

If your restoration app gets processed and approved before your OWP is processed your OWP app will be approved, otherwise it won't.

Reactions: YVR123

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Your OWP would only be approved if the restoration is granted otherwise you would technically be out of status and in that case you might have to wait until you get AIP before you can be considered for OWP. This waiting is very subjective and depends on one's personal circumstances. So good luck