+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my impossible dream of getting canadian PR :'(

ananth1993

Feb 8, 2020
Hi guys this is my first thread. Sorry if its too long to read. I'm in the express entry pool with 438 points and my NOC is 7313. (AC and refrigeration mechanic)
Since my CRS score is so low, ITA is impossible...
Since my NOC is not in demand in any province besides Saskachwan and Manitoba... i will never get PNP from ontario, alberta or anywhere else. I cannot even apply for morden cdii since my NOC is not on the list.
And none of the other streams will allow me without a job offer. (and job is 100% impossible)
So my canadian dreams are ending in a dead end.
I'm not taking any agents or consultants help since I feel its a waste of money...but my question is would an agent help in supporting my Manitoba application as a friend?? Since Manitoba accepts if u have a close friend there.
(in reality i have zero contacts/connections in canada)
My second hope is to complete my masters in 2021 which will increase my CRS to 478... but judging by recent trends, the cut off may increase to 500 by the time i get my degree.
sorry once again... but i was just wondering if anyone is going through the same problem... and if there is any solution at all

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys this is my first thread. Sorry if its too long to read. I'm in the express entry pool with 438 points and my NOC is 7313. (AC and refrigeration mechanic)
Since my NOC is not in demand in any province besides Saskachwan and Manitoba... i will never get PNP from ontario, alberta or anywhere else. I cannot even apply for morden cdii since my NOC is not on the list.
And none of the other streams will allow me without a job offer. (and job is 100% impossible)
I'm not taking any agents or consultants help since I feel its a waste of money...but my question is would an agent help in supporting my Manitoba application as a friend?? Since Manitoba accepts if u have a close friend there.
My second hope is to complete my masters in 2021 which will increase my CRS to 478... but judging by recent trends, the cut off may increase to 500 by the time i get my degree.
sorry once again... but i was just wondering if anyone is going through the same problem... and if there is any solution at all
No - an agent cannot help in supporting your Manitoba application as a friend. You must have an actual friend / family member in Manitoba. Saying that an agent is your frield will be classified as misrepresentation by IRCC and will get your application refused (potentially even a ban). This is not an option.

Yes - taking a Master's is a much better plan.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Everyone not meeting the cut-offs goes through what you're experiencing. The point is to not give up. The last time cut-offs were above 480 was back in 2016. In the last draw, I think a handful of 400 people had scores above 600. Get your masters and try again. Express Entry is not going anywhere.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
You are in a difficult situation but if you work hard you will get out of it. Look for acceptable (by ECA body) online Msc and at the same time learn French. At least you will get like 7 points from French exam as a back up to boost the CRS in case 472 is no longer enough.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If your age is below 34 why aren't you planning on studying your master's in Canada itself?
Pricey option but you will get 2 years study permit plus 3 years pgwp.

Getting a study permit is very difficult but if you do a complete research, make a strong SOP, prove home country ties you can do it.

Or
Option 2- study french for one year and get CLB7.

Whichever option is financially viable to you go for it.

Express entry or pnp is not a cake wake in 2020, so whichever way you choose, there is tons of effort you have to put in to get through.

Reactions: scylla