+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My IELTS Test Experience TODAY!

samiKhan1985

Nov 4, 2015
Dear colleagues!
Today I appeared on my IELTS test (including Speaking Module), would like to share some feedback that may of some assistance for some of you.
1.Listening: Overall good Map in Section 2 was bit tricky. Here only your concentration plays main role, for these 35 minutes of listening you have to think about nothing but the missing text in front of you and what you are listening, so forget even about someone else is in the room other than you and try to maximize your concentration to Task.
2. Reading: Time, Time.. Oh I wish It could be bit slow in Winter!!
Guys you have to be very quick and should NOT stop for any single question for more than 3 Minutes.
Today Unfortunately my examiner announced time after 10 minutes that how much time is remaining and the second and last announcement he did was when 20 minutes Left and I have remaining 20 Questions from Section 4 which I didn't even started! I did Speed reading here and some how managed to complete in last second!!
***Lessons learned: -Directly copy answers to answer sheet to avail those precious 5 minutes in reading at the end.
-Never get stuck to one question for too much time, better to take smart guess and move one instead of putting the coming section ahead at risk. :(
3. Writing : Unfortunately I have spent more than 25 minutes on Task 1!!! (I think I have utilized all my analytical intelligence that has contributed to this much time :(
In task 2 I started well but unfortunately while concentrating on speed I was diverted from topic (in Second Paragraph) !!! I realized the same while starting Third Paragraph but I dont started panic and blended my Third Paragraph with second way in a way that the off track writing became less prominent for reader I was not prepared for this strategy but that was solely my instinct that I followed. So overall, I managed to complete my GOOD conclusion within time.
***Lessons learned: -For Task 1 be precise to the point and only 150 words, because Task 2 ahead is more important and will contribute much in Writing Band Score.
-Take dedicated 5 minutes to completely understand Task 2 and could be even paraphrased in "your own word: as reference to assure your coherency to subject. 4. Speaking test: This was the best part that "made my day" , examiner was very cooperative and humble and seemed like I am talking to my friend and I was very relaxed and forgot that i am in IELTS Listening test, I was very Natural and spontaneously answering the questions without concentrating on "Accent" and "Advanced Level" vocabularies. I was very realistic in answering that helped me a lot in replying to examiner without taking much time for thinking.Yes, I did take notes for Section 2 and just added "Key points" and stick to the question with my finger over "Question Paper" to ascertain that I will cover all aspects of asked question in those 2 Minutes. Lesson learned: Pre-planned answers wont help much as examiners ask the questions very randomly and even ask you between the same questions about opinion and reasons for your opinion. Be relaxed and focused and I remember I asked examiner in 4 questions to repeat as I have not got the question clearly and he was very patient to repeat them again. Best of Luck Guys !!!

sheoran87

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
samiKhan1985 said:
Dear colleagues!
Today I appeared on my IELTS test (including Speaking Module), would like to share some feedback that may of some assistance for some of you.
1.Listening: Overall good Map in Section 2 was bit tricky. Here only your concentration plays main role, for these 35 minutes of listening you have to think about nothing but the missing text in front of you and what you are listening, so forget even about someone else is in the room other than you and try to maximize your concentration to Task.
Guys you have to be very quick and should NOT stop for any single question for more than 3 Minutes.
Today Unfortunately my examiner announced time after 10 minutes that how much time is remaining and the second and last announcement he did was when 20 minutes Left and I have remaining 20 Questions from Section 4 which I didn't even started! I did Speed reading here and some how managed to complete in last second!!
***Lessons learned: -Directly copy answers to answer sheet to avail those precious 5 minutes in reading at the end.
-Never get stuck to one question for too much time, better to take smart guess and move one instead of putting the coming section ahead at risk. :(
3. Writing : Unfortunately I have spent more than 25 minutes on Task 1!!! (I think I have utilized all my analytical intelligence that has contributed to this much time :(
In task 2 I started well but unfortunately while concentrating on speed I was diverted from topic (in Second Paragraph) !!! I realized the same while starting Third Paragraph but I dont started panic and blended my Third Paragraph with second way in a way that the off track writing became less prominent for reader I was not prepared for this strategy but that was solely my instinct that I followed. So overall, I managed to complete my GOOD conclusion within time.
***Lessons learned: -For Task 1 be precise to the point and only 150 words, because Task 2 ahead is more important and will contribute much in Writing Band Score.
-Take dedicated 5 minutes to completely understand Task 2 and could be even paraphrased in "your own word: as reference to assure your coherency to subject. 4. Speaking test: This was the best part that "made my day" , examiner was very cooperative and humble and seemed like I am talking to my friend and I was very relaxed and forgot that i am in IELTS Listening test, I was very Natural and spontaneously answering the questions without concentrating on "Accent" and "Advanced Level" vocabularies. I was very realistic in answering that helped me a lot in replying to examiner without taking much time for thinking.Yes, I did take notes for Section 2 and just added "Key points" and stick to the question with my finger over "Question Paper" to ascertain that I will cover all aspects of asked question in those 2 Minutes. Lesson learned: Pre-planned answers wont help much as examiners ask the questions very randomly and even ask you between the same questions about opinion and reasons for your opinion. Be relaxed and focused and I remember I asked examiner in 4 questions to repeat as I have not got the question clearly and he was very patient to repeat them again. Best of Luck Guys !!!
grt information

virtualoddity

Sep 23, 2015
samiKhan1985 said:
Dear colleagues!

so how much did you score