+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Ielts score is 5.5? Urgent Advice please

BilalMalik

Jan 25, 2016
I have completed my Bachelor in Business Administration with 2.8 CGPA and my IELTS score 5.5 . Is there any university in Ontario, Canada where i can apply for Business English Program ? Kindly help me .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Universities offer degrees. Business English isn't a degree program. If you want to take a Business English Program then you should be looking at colleges (not universities). Yes - colleges will generally accept you with IELTS scores of 5.5 (you should make sure that you have scored at least 5.5 in each of the four IELTS categories - if you have scored less than 5.5 in any category, that could be a problem).

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BilalMalik said:
Thanks for the reply . Unfortunately i've got 5 bands in reading . can you help me what to do now ?
hy dear i applied for english language program with 6.0 ielts four years ago from Pakistan.... but my visa was refused because visa officer was not satisfied with my intension. he said that i would not leave canada after my studies because the job's situation in my home country is not good. :D it is reality no one will leave canada if he enters. so satisfy the officer and waste your time and money or there is other way to apply under masters or phd program,,,, then there is possibility they give you visa because they need qualified and experienced ppl not college guys. they know u will not leave after completion but they want a person who takes visa and gives back some good thing to their country,,,, this is my view may b i m wrong,,, any ways best of luck

BilalMalik

Jan 25, 2016
@aman thanks for the reply . My IELTS bands isnt enough . yeah i know that they dont need college guys . I was asking is there any university who will give admission with this band ?

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BilalMalik said:
@aman thanks for the reply . My IELTS bands isnt enough . yeah i know that they dont need college guys . I was asking is there any university who will give admission with this band ?
i got ur point but you want admission in business english program which is not suitable,,,, almost evey university can give you admission but through their ESL programs,,,u have to improve your english first then u can continue your studies,,, these programs are of 1 to 2 years.but i suggest u should apply for masters as u already done bachelors but unfortunately no university accept ielts below 6.5 according to my knowledge,,,, you need to improve your ielts,,, i am saying this beacuse i did same mistake

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

BilalMalik said:

1. No university give admission for 5.5 band.
2. Extremely rare to get approved for any ESL program if you are from South Asia.