+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My husband's OWP rejected

KZKZKZK

Jan 6, 2021
Hi there!

So, recently my husband applied for OWP and got rejected. The situation is as follows:

In 2018 I became an international student in Canada. (I've got my study permit and it will expire in December 1st, 2022)
I got married in August, 2020.
Me and my husband decided that we want to live together in Canada, so he applied for OWP in October, 2020.
We consulted with several immigration firms and they told us to submit following documents(other than mandatory ones):
-The proof of finances(minimum 10k CAD on my husband's bank account).
-The proof of enrollment(that I am currently enrolled in a DLI)
-My study permit
-Receipts, showing that I have paid my tuition fees and the payment plan of my future tuition payments for next semester.

We applied for ATIP the next day after we saw the rejection. Below you can see the reasons why he got rejected.

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Maybe some of you were in the same situation, and you can suggest us what to do while we are waiting for ATIP.

Thank you!

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi there!

So, recently my husband applied for OWP and got rejected. The situation is as follows:

In 2018 I became an international student in Canada. (I've got my study permit and it will expire in December 1st, 2022)
I got married in August, 2020.
Me and my husband decided that we want to live together in Canada, so he applied for OWP in October, 2020.
We consulted with several immigration firms and they told us to submit following documents(other than mandatory ones):
-The proof of finances(minimum 10k CAD on my husband's bank account).
-The proof of enrollment(that I am currently enrolled in a DLI)
-My study permit
-Receipts, showing that I have paid my tuition fees and the payment plan of my future tuition payments for next semester.

We applied for ATIP the next day after we saw the rejection. Below you can see the reasons why he got rejected.

-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Maybe some of you were in the same situation, and you can suggest us what to do while we are waiting for ATIP.

Thank you!
When u got rejection.?? I mean the date.? And was it updated in your GC key account.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have a skilled, part-term job? If so show your employment letter and payslips. Usually it is easier to get an OWP if you are on your PGWP and have a skilled job with pay slips.

KZKZKZK

Jan 6, 2021
Do you have a skilled, part-term job? If so show your employment letter and payslips. Usually it is easier to get an OWP if you are on your PGWP and have a skilled job with pay slips.
Unfortunately, I am not on PGWP yet, but after winter semester, I will do my coop.
The only work experience that I had was between February and March in 2020, just before corona started. I worked part time then. Do you think that it's a valid experience to mention?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately, I am not on PGWP yet, but after winter semester, I will do my coop.
The only work experience that I had was between February and March in 2020, just before corona started. I worked part time then. Do you think that it's a valid experience to mention?
NO not valid as it was a year ago. If you showed current employment that would be an asset.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How much tine have you spent in person with your spouse before and after marriage? It is not unusual for spouses to get rejected if applying right after an arranged marriage.