+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Husband Ran away after 2 Month in Canada

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hello everyone can some one help me, I have spent more than 40-45 K on my Husband, when he got visa some how , he did not even spent 10 days and he left to his school girlfriend who is currently living in Langley BC, is there any way I can deport him.

I have contacted many immigration firms in Surrey. They even took money from me
Like Access West Immigration, CMC Immigration and Visa Link in Surrey.

I want to tech my husband a lesson.

Please help me
Why do you need immigration lawyer? Do not spend any more money on that man. All you have to do is report it immigration. You call CIC and report it, they will inform you what to do, do not spend any more of your money...Please.

can_babo

Aug 11, 2020
Better so not to report it, as it will be WORSE for future applicants.
Absolutely do report him. Even if you have no desire to fight for justice, you must report him to protect yourself.

When you sponsor a spouse you commit to financially supporting them for three years. In addition you are liable for any government assistance they receive, because Canada sees this as failing your obligation. So if he applied for EI or something in the future, you would have to argue that you should not owe that money because he used you for immigration fraud. That will be much harder to prove if you do not report him now.

Reactions: mashulia_26

panheng

Dec 29, 2020
Report him for immigration fraud following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/report-fraud.html
Would include proof that he landed and only remained with you for 10 days before leaving. Would include the amount of days you have actually spent together in person after marriage. If you can prove that he reunited with a woman who he had dated before and if you can find proof that they never stopped their relationship/communicating that would be helpful. You can only provide your evidence to CBSA and they'll decide if they want to pursue the issue. Unless there is very blatant evidence that this was a marriage of convenience then it is unlikely to be pursued.
Sorry about what happened to you. This is disguisting!

IMO prior to 1999ish Immigration didnt seem to care after PR was given.

It was due to large public outcry that immigration started to become strict on fake marriages, and started to investigate, & deport people doing this

I wonder why this girlfriend did not sponsor him? is she a non resident? I hope she gets investigated, and deported as well

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
These sort of cases seem to be quite prevalent.

IRCC should be much much stricter in their screening process to protect victims from such fraud.
Yes lets make the application process 3 yrs with fresh adr requests and pcc's every 12 months. Make the process cost $10,000 so that IRCC can send in private detectives to make a genuineness profile.
Make PR conditional for the first 2 years in Canada - Oh wait, they already tried that and scrapped it. Its either the Applicant abuses the Sponsor or the Sponsor abuses the applicant....You can't win.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Yes lets make the application process 3 yrs with fresh adr requests and pcc's every 12 months. Make the process cost $10,000 so that IRCC can send in private detectives to make a genuineness profile.
Make PR conditional for the first 2 years in Canada - Oh wait, they already tried that and scrapped it. Its either the Applicant abuses the Sponsor or the Sponsor abuses the applicant....You can't win.
Are there any studies to show whether there are more complaints of abuse and fraud when it comes to Canadian women sponsoring foreigner husbands or Canadian men sponsoring foreigner wives?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
These sort of cases seem to be quite prevalent.

IRCC should be much much stricter in their screening process to protect victims from such fraud.
They did 3 interviews where I assume each time the wife defended her husband and guaranteed they were in a genuine marriage. 3 interviews is extremely rare but if a spouse keeps assuring they are in a genuine relationship it puts CBSA in a tough spot. Some people can't see the warning signs that their spouse isn't interested in their marriage and just wants to get to Canada. Hopefully OP has proof that he had a girlfriend before they got married and the relationship continued through the marriage and sponsorship and they reunited in Canada. Wonder if the other woman is a PR or citizen since it would have made more sense to marry the other woman.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
They did 3 interviews where I assume each time the wife defended her husband and guaranteed they were in a genuine marriage. 3 interviews is extremely rare but if a spouse keeps assuring they are in a genuine relationship it puts CBSA in a tough spot.
Just out of curiosity, how exactly does that work?
I mean once you have the interview, you wait for decision made and if refused then its over, you dont get a chance to redo an interview.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just out of curiosity, how exactly does that work?
I mean once you have the interview, you wait for decision made and if refused then its over, you dont get a chance to redo an interview.
Assume they had follow-up questions or received new information so scheduled a 2nd interview and then a 3rd. It would be extremely rare. Only OP can enlighten us on what exactly happened.

Reactions: Phalos

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Better so not to report it, as it will be WORSE for future applicants.
Human nature is to seek correction for wrong done to them. Also, not reporting does NOT help. It gives a wrong message that it is possible for someone to fraud a person at a very intimate level and a country which admitted them. Besides, it is also likely that said husband will get discovered one way or the other (PR Card renewal etc). If they are then the OP here will also run a risk of participating in a wrongdoing. Reporting not just gives a satisfaction of vengeance but also makes her legally a victim from a potential partner-in-crime.

Reactions: Phalos

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Human nature is to seek correction for wrong done to them. Also, not reporting does NOT help. It gives a wrong message that it is possible for someone to fraud a person at a very intimate level and a country which admitted them. Besides, it is also likely that said husband will get discovered one way or the other (PR Card renewal etc). If they are then the OP here will also run a risk of participating in a wrongdoing. Reporting not just gives a satisfaction of vengeance but also makes her legally a victim from a potential partner-in-crime.
Yeah if you put it that way, you're right. Must report it to wash herself of this mess.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This post is troubling indeed. Before I get into that, please clarify that the visa he ultimately obtained was as your spouse, is that right? If not, what was the nature of the visa. Also, unless you prefer not to say, can you tell us whether you too are residing in British Columbia, or did he decamp on his own to BC?

Back to the worrying aspects. You have alluded to threats against your parents. I suspect that I am not drawing too long a bow in using the word "threats". I have seen such cases in the past. I doubt the "warnings" you have been given are benign, but if they can be cast in that light, things might not be so concerning. Only you know exactly what has been said, when, in what context, etc. But my senses tell me there is a strong element of abuse here and that this is someone who should not be encouraged to stay in Canada.

If what my nose is telling me is any guide, you may already have been the victim of not just marriage/immigration fraud, but quite a serious criminal offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, viz:

Uttering threats

• 264.1(1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat
    • (a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;
    • (b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
    • (c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

The application of the above provision in our courts is a matter of which I have some knowledge and what you describe (albeit in scant detail) might fall readily within its scope. It probably does.

I would urge you to get some advice from a trusted/trustworthy source. You have said you want to teach this man a lesson, so it sounds like you are willing to take some action. While wanting to teach a lesson is an entirely understandable emotion, that aspect should perhaps not dominate, but from what you have related, you have been grievously victimized and it should not be allowed to pass.
Unless there is concrete proof of these threats and it is a violent context there is very little the police will do. If the government pursued every threat there would be hundreds of years of cases. Think the goal should be to try and take the revenge notion out of the equation and build the best case to present to IRCC that this was a case of marriage of convenience. They need concrete facts. Take screen shots of texts in case they get deleted. Try to get proof that the the husband has been dating his high school girlfriend throughout the marriage. Research her status in Canada and why she couldn't sponsor him. Get proof of every day you spent together dating and after marriage. May be embarrassing but whether the relationship was consummated. There seems to be some confusion between how long he remained with OP in Canada. 10 days and 2 months make a big difference. When he left provide texts exchange between you two discussing why he said he was leaving. Indicate how you figured out he was living with his girlfriend and get proof if he continues to live there. I would try to use text as much as possible so you have a record of the interactions. I would screen shot in case he is able to unsend or delete messages. Unfortunately there are risks when you marry someone without dating them longterm. Sometimes it works out great but other times once you start living together it is a disaster. OPs primary goal is to provide a solid case to IRCC that this was a marriage of convenience with as little emotion as possible. IRCC isn't interested in helping people punish spouses or get vengeance. They are interested in determining if people were misleading Canada and were given PR incorrectly. Once OP gives all the evidence she has no control of whether the case goes any further. I would suggest contacting your MP to explain your situation. After that OP should focus on moving forward and eventually getting a divorce.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
They did 3 interviews where I assume each time the wife defended her husband and guaranteed they were in a genuine marriage. 3 interviews is extremely rare but if a spouse keeps assuring they are in a genuine relationship it puts CBSA in a tough spot. Some people can't see the warning signs that their spouse isn't interested in their marriage and just wants to get to Canada. Hopefully OP has proof that he had a girlfriend before they got married and the relationship continued through the marriage and sponsorship and they reunited in Canada. Wonder if the other woman is a PR or citizen since it would have made more sense to marry the other woman.
3 interviews is a lot and unheard of. The genuineness is on her side so of course she is going to defend her spouse. He deceived her and she is not to be blamed. People can be evil.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
3 interviews is a lot and unheard of. The genuineness is on her side so of course she is going to defend her spouse. He deceived her and she is not to be blamed. People can be evil.
Didn't blame her I was replying to someone asking how 3 interviews were possible. Given the 3 interviews there were clearly warning signs and IRCC had concerns. You can be genuine with your side of the relationship yet still have doubts about your spouse. It's unfortunate that people rush into sponsorship after what I assume was an arranged marriage. It would be best to live together before considering sponsorship. She would have guaranteed multiple times that this was a genuine relationship and she had no concerns which then makes it difficult to go back and say there was never any relationship and it was purely a marriage of convenience.

I am also not naive enough to know that in some marriages are more transactional and about image and family benefit. Who knows what happened in this case but this man clearly was already in love with girlfriend but married someone else. Hopefully she has some concrete proof that the other couple was together before and during their marriage and for some reason he couldn't marry the other woman and come to Canada.