+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My hearing has been postponed by the IRB to further notice. NEED ADVICE

Nazifa21

Sep 2, 2016
I am a refugee claimant from Afghanistan in Vancouver. My hearing was supposed to take place few days ago but I received a letter from the IRB that my hearing has been canceled for the day and postponed until further notice. In the letter they mentioned that they haven't received the completion of my security screening from CBSA due to unknown reason.
Now I don't know anyone here who has gone through this and who can help me determine if it is a serious matter. Can anyone who has gone through this or know the situation advise me on how serious this issue is or if I should be worried.
Thank you in advance.

LGBTrefugee97

Oct 1, 2016
Hey...I just got this issue yesterday my hearing was supposed to be today and they cancelled it due to the CBSA screening delay in Toronto. Did you hear anything yet from IRB? Did you get a new hearing date?

P.S. I'm also worried

Streetman

Jun 21, 2016
Edmonton
I heared this before, be patient and relax you aren't the first one
Keep your eye on your mail box they will update you, however you can always call them if you want to feel better.

Nazifa21

Sep 2, 2016
LGBTrefugee97 said:
Hey...I just got this issue yesterday my hearing was supposed to be today and they cancelled it due to the CBSA screening delay in Toronto. Did you hear anything yet from IRB? Did you get a new hearing date?

P.S. I'm also worried
[/quote

Hi,
My hearing was rescheduled and passed successfully two weeks ago.
Don't worry, they know what they are doing and yours will be rescheduled soon too.
It was simple and the judge was supper nice.

KARAM AHMED

Oct 19, 2016
Nazifa21 said:
LGBTrefugee97 said:

P.S. I'm also worried
[/quote

Hi,
My hearing was rescheduled and passed successfully two weeks ago.
Don't worry, they know what they are doing and yours will be rescheduled soon too.
It was simple and the judge was supper nice.

Hi Nazifa,
Did you enter Canada with a Canadian visa?