+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My free citizenship practice test app

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
Hello fellow expats,

Like almost everyone here, I recently had to study for my Canadian citizenship test. To help me with my studies, I made an app for myself (I am an app developer) so I could make revisions more efficient. All I made the app do was to go through a database of questions and randomly pick a bunch for me to answer like in the real test. I did that over and over again until I memorized them all. I passed my citizenship test on my first try a few weeks ago. I believe it's the way I studied using the app that made me pass. Anyway I decided to publish the app on iTunes and give it for free for other people to use.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/canada-citizenship-test-rds/id677816090

Hope it helps you peeps too.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your contribution to the immigrant community! I am sure that, like others, I will find this app super useful while prepping for the exam!

Cheers!

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
Thanks a lot. If you would like specific questions added to it, let me know. I will always put new content in it to keep it up to date.
Later, I may put a LEARN section that has things like important dates and historic personalities specific to Canada.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Totoriko said:
Hello fellow expats,

Like almost everyone here, I recently had to study for my Canadian citizenship test. To help me with my studies, I made an app for myself (I am an app developer) so I could make revisions more efficient. All I made the app do was to go through a database of questions and randomly pick a bunch for me to answer like in the real test. I did that over and over again until I memorized them all. I passed my citizenship test on my first try a few weeks ago. I believe it's the way I studied using the app that made me pass. Anyway I decided to publish the app on iTunes and give it for free for other people to use.

Thanks man. This is really good stuff.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Thanks. I wish it could be created for androids too.

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
I'll see if I can make an Android version during my spare time. It's always tricky with Android because there are so many devices to cover in terms of compatibility.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Totoriko said:
I'll see if I can make an Android version during my spare time. It's always tricky with Android because there are so many devices to cover in terms of compatibility.
Thanks in advance. Just make it for the latest Android version - large percentage of devices operate on it.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totoriko said:
Hello fellow expats,

What is the difference between Free version & PRO version?

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
Moe... said:
What is the difference between Free version & PRO version?
The Pro version has more questions. After I passed I found extra questions but I couldn't update the free app because it was still under review by Apple.
So I made the Pro version meanwhile, which has all the things in the free version and about 100+ extra questions. I also removed the ads in the PRO because it's a paid app.

I passed using the questions that are in the free version btw :)

zawaar

Nov 16, 2011
Totoriko said:
The Pro version has more questions. After I passed I found extra questions but I couldn't update the free app because it was still under review by Apple.
So I made the Pro version meanwhile, which has all the things in the free version and about 100+ extra questions. I also removed the ads in the PRO because it's a paid app.

Not working for me on iPhone 5, there is always ads on next button, so I'm not able to press next

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
zawaar said:
Not working for me on iPhone 5, there is always ads on next button, so I'm not able to press next
Thanks for that feedback! I am going to fix that right away and push an update. I don't have an iPhone 5 device to test the app on, so I can only use the simulator that Apple provides (which can differ a lot in terms of functionality). Sorry about that, I'm going to get this fixed asap.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Totoriko said:

I got the Pro version on my IPhone 4S and it works good. I recommend you put an option on the home screen where you can read all the 600+ Questions with Answers rather than going through 60 Questions each time where there will be so many already read Q&A. To get those few unread Q&A we would have to go through so many repeated Q&A.

Also please keep updated with new Q&A because i am expected to give my test in 2014. Thank you.

Totoriko

Jul 18, 2012
zawaar said:
The update should be available now. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.
Apologies for the issue