+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My file has been under process for 3 years! What are my options?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
My FSW-O application has been under process for 3 years. My medicals and criminality are expired by now, and no automatic renewal done or request to redo them. The file doesn't have any comment beyond 1.5 years ago ...

Super frustrating! What are my options here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My FSW-O application has been under process for 3 years. My medicals and criminality are expired by now, and no automatic renewal done or request to redo them. The file doesn't have any comment beyond 1.5 years ago ...

Super frustrating! What are my options here?
What do your GCMS notes say?

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I really feel you, note sure what are your options but at least write to your Visa Office or raise a webform, it might not be enough but you have to remind them about your case as it looks like it is parked somewhere were they forgot about it

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
What do your GCMS notes say?
My file was sent to Comprehensive Security Screening in the London visa office in September 2017. As per CBSA notes, they sent the request to CSIS. CSIS sent back their recommendation to CBSA in July 2019. Ever since then nothing happened beyond my criminality moving from Passed to Passed-Expired and my medicals moving from Passed to Not Started. Doesn't seem anyone is really looking at the file anymore.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
I really feel you, note sure what are your options but at least write to your Visa Office or raise a webform, it might not be enough but you have to remind them about your case as it looks like it is parked somewhere were they forgot about it
They don't reply much to be honest, and even when they do it's generic replies. I never spammed them with emails either, maybe 5 emails in the last 3 years. I focused more on reqeusted GCMS and CBSA notes instead to understand. Last webform I raised, it took them 5 months to reply. By the time they replied, I had actually forgotten I asked :p

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Try to call IRCC Canada even though your file is not there and ask them what are your options, just an idea

Reactions: MoeD

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Trying to call IRCC directly is your best way to know what's going on. If you can't reach them directly (they block calls from outside Canada), trying calling CBSA and ask them to redirect you to IRCC (I did it once and it worked). From there you can talk to someone at IRCC who can access your file and send internal emails to the relevant unit to jump start the process.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Trying to call IRCC directly is your best way to know what's going on. If you can't reach them directly (they block calls from outside Canada), trying calling CBSA and ask them to redirect you to IRCC (I did it once and it worked). From there you can talk to someone at IRCC who can access your file and send internal emails to the relevant unit to jump start the process.
Thank you. I would appreciate it if you can share the CBSA number you’ve called. For IRCC, you think if I call through Skype it’ll go through?