+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my file for permamnet residence was rejected. how to file an appeal

Tahere

Jul 2, 2014
but unfortunately the officer wont listen. i explained to him but he said he wont reopen my case. what process should i go through to reconsider my file?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tahere said:
but unfortunately the officer wont listen. i explained to him but he said he wont reopen my case. what process should i go through to reconsider my file?
In my opinion, you are in a wrong place to get advice. If there is any chance of appealing your case, you should consult with a good lawyer.

Good luck.

Tahere

Jul 2, 2014
Hi . is there any lawyer here who can help me with my case? how much will it cost to hire an experienced lawyer and would you guarantee my case would win?
thank you

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your situation is unfortunate. CIC is a bureaucratic organization and officers are reluctant for considerations. They handle piles of cases and just follow their processing guidelines.

Hiring a lawyer may cost 3 to 5 thousand depending on lawyer's credentials. But the questions is, whether lawyer will have evidences to win your case against CIC and loosing may even put in future refusal possibilities. However, for your satisfaction you may consult with a immigration lawyer and in most cases consultation is free.

There is many immigration lawyers in GTA (just do the google serach) but, you can also find here in this canadavisa.com home page immigration lawyer info. E-mail them your situation and see if they can help you out..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ Tahere

Hello.

Have you ever been to Canada before? If yes, did you apply for PR after working/studying here?
If you don't mind me asking, what's your native country?
You said something about misrepresentation. Did you figure out why CIC told you that you misrepresented?
Why don't you re-apply using one of the programs like Express Entry etc.?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rayman_m said:
Your situation is unfortunate. CIC is a bureaucratic organization and officers are reluctant for considerations. They handle piles of cases and just follow their processing guidelines.

Hiring a lawyer may cost 3 to 5 thousand depending on lawyer's credentials. But the questions is, whether lawyer will have evidences to win your case against CIC and loosing may even put in future refusal possibilities. However, for your satisfaction you may consult with a immigration lawyer and in most cases consultation is free.

There is many immigration lawyers in GTA (just do the google serach) but, you can also find here in this canadavisa.com home page immigration lawyer info. E-mail them your situation and see if they can help you out..
1. Probably a waste of money. The OP was refused in Nov/14. For leave to appeal to the Federal Court, s/he had 60 days from the date of the refusal. That date is long past.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Probably a waste of money. The OP was refused in Nov/14. For leave to appeal to the Federal Court, s/he had 60 days from the date of the refusal. That date is long past.
But the letter was sent on March 2015.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
He received the letter in March 2015 but the letter has been issued on November 24th 2014.
According to the law (and common sense) the time counts since you receive the letter not the issue date.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Can you show me the link to the law you are talking about?
It's not exactly what I said, although is ambivalent anyway.

Appeal

(5) The Minister or the applicant may appeal to the Court from the decision of the citizenship judge under subsection (2) by filing a notice of appeal in the Registry of the Court within sixty days after the day on which
(a) the citizenship judge approved the application under subsection (2); or
(b) notice was mailed or otherwise given under subsection (3) with respect to the application.

CIC use lettermail, no tracking no nothing. How will CIC prove that them mailed it? You can print out a letter with a date, then forget it in a drawer and mail it 4 months later.

With a good lawyer, he can fight the appeal.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neutral said:
According to the law (and common sense) the time counts since you receive the letter not the issue date.
Most of the letters i received during PR process be in medical test or Police Clearance, it was always mentioned in mail that you have specific number of days to complete from the letter date.

So i assume time counts from letter date and not received date.

Tahere

Jul 2, 2014
dear firends
can an applicant file a complaint against his representative because she or he hasn't done his responsibilities as a representative and the person's file has been rejected because of the representative's irresponsiblity? if yes how we can do that and what are the links for that?
Thank you

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tahere said:
dear firends
can an applicant file a complaint against his representative because she or he hasn't done his responsibilities as a representative and the person's file has been rejected because of the representative's irresponsiblity? if yes how we can do that and what are the links for that?
Thank you
What you can do is to appeal the rejection decision withing 60 days.