+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My expriences so far ... first two days in Toronto!!!

Ali Haidar

Mar 23, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Doc's Request.
08-08-2009
Nomination.....
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-10-2009
IELTS Request
submitted with documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2009
Med's Request
13-08-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
not required (I believe)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Very interesting Question ! every body wants to start their life from scratch by getting immigration to Canada, may be in our countries hopes are not too high and we want to try our luck their ......

sdffgg said:
Merry Christmas and Happy new year for you all,

Charlotte,

I started following your thread when I was looking for a living experience in Toronto, the place I intend to let my family settle in. Then I found that it would be a prejudice to relate your experience to geography only. As long as your inner world is positive, you can do miracles. So we don't have to blame others for our failures.

The question that started humming in my head now; Why we are not able to do the same in our home countries? I started looking down to myself recently as I read many different stories about living in Canada.

The question might be silly :'(, but silly things pay us a visit from time to time, or I might be talking about myself only :D.

Merry Christmas to you all.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Well, a little update from here again ...

My "seasonal" job will be ended as stated in the contract per January 1st. This means I shall start "blogging" more often again since I am spending more time online in search for another or better said a "real" job which couldn't be easy.

Why? in January and February the job market seems to be almost dead and on a very very low profile and less employers seek for new talent and there is less demand for it. Which is ok, I can go to Access Employment and continue what I supposed to do, improving my language skills, but also figure if I would/could take up some French language courses at Ryerson or other schools or colleges around town, not too far from here, maybe find another part time or seasonal job to at least bring in some cash and acquire more Canadian job experience but also network again and off course focus more on me volunteering at nursing home.

It is sad and I don't like this, but I had to somehow sooner or later start looking for a job in my own field anyway right? :)

In the meantime, some news from Europe might change this whole picture and future perspective; my bf/common-law partner has offered him a job assignment in New Zealand! it pays very well and they also offer him a home and a car and take care of relocation etc. It is for an extended periode of up to 24 months meaning that if we say "yes" and go for it, we then lose our Permanent Resident cards after a while right?...

But on the other hand, after 2 years, they will either keep him there again or send him to Taipei, or Hong Kong or Sydney or perhaps even to London, UK or to Los Angeles or Seattle. ... and who knows, in far future from now to Vancouver or Toronto.

I told him to follow his heart and bear in mind that in order to survive it is important to have a steady income and a good job that does offer the possibilitis of leading a good life and a decent growth, both personally and financially and having been here for almost 4 months now and all alone rediscovering myself but also discovering a lot about this country, I should say that if his employers gives the green light, I leave Toronto and move to "the end of the world", down under!

Yes... my life appears to be full of ups and downs and never boring at all as many those who know me well have always told me.

We shall see ...

What I know is that I don't want to end up sitting at home, on Christmas day, listening to this song by one of the most famous Canadian singers and cry me a river for being too stupid, maybe too "hopeful" or maybe just "home sick".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwI5wXU1z4&feature=player_embedded#!

All I know is now: Family is very important. The most imporant blessing in life is to have your loved ones close to you, regardless of where, when and how.

I 've missed my Mother, my bf, my doggy and all that is "me" and has made me, shaped me, so much yesterday that I only wished for all of you, to end up having a good job, having a good life, be re-united with your loved ones and may we all celebrate Christmas in 2011 among our loved ones and with them and just see all of you happily living ever after and be smiling, running around town to buy your gifts, set up your Christmas trees in your new home and be really feeling like " Canadian".

And let us all today, here promise to do and make one "universal" wish together on New Year's night...

Let us all wish for a fast economic recovery and may EVERYBODY here and in the USA find a job this year and soon enough and may there be laughter and hope all around us once more.

Let's not wish for ourselves and be selfish, but put aside our own needs and en mass wish for the people of this planet to be working again, have a steady income, be healthy and happy with their family.

One's happiness is infectious and once one is happy, he/she will spread that happiness and that way we create this chain of luck, happiness and hope that we so much need these days. Right?

So, let's wish for that day to arrive soon again.

God bless you all
::)

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
sdffgg said:
Merry Christmas and Happy new year for you all,

Charlotte,

I started following your thread when I was looking for a living experience in Toronto, the place I intend to let my family settle in. Then I found that it would be a prejudice to relate your experience to geography only. As long as your inner world is positive, you can do miracles. So we don't have to blame others for our failures.

The question that started humming in my head now; Why we are not able to do the same in our home countries? I started looking down to myself recently as I read many different stories about living in Canada.

The question might be silly :'(, but silly things pay us a visit from time to time, or I might be talking about myself only :D.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Yes, indeed... I wonder this myself everyday now too.

I should now admit that the whole immigration policy here is just a "scam". A few politicians and a few political parties just and simply profit from this and in particular some immigration companies might get paid for this too.

I don't want to say that they 'lie" about Canada being a paradise and/or the only place where one can start a new life, but I suppose it is true that for those like me or those more priviliged among us who already have a good steady job and a steady income, a nice home and a family that treats them good and is happy, should the question be "do I really need to start afresh?"

and if the answer is "no", then change yourself and change your way of life wherever you are and not necessarily go look for another country as to see if you can get what you seek because it might not be that what you seek but only that what you NOT did ask for or seek.

I don't want to say that my story is a failure, I know how good I am in whatever I do and that once I really ge the chance and start to grow, there will be a day that I look back and can't belive I 've been living in a situation as such today at all, but the question is now for me, given me being very VERY forward looking and always seeking for answers in the future and visualizing myself in future, if this country is the place for me, for my family, to be happy in?!

For an European that is raised with certain privilges and let's say better options in life, more choices, this country can fade away and lose its glamour and glitter as soon as one does realize he/she is not going to get what he/she was/is used to.

I suppose this country is only good for the less lucky ones among us who don't have it good right now, who do miss "freedom", "wealth", "peace" and a place to raise their family in peace and safety and who is used to so much misery that working at Tim Hortons or like in my seasonal job case for an entry level pay is considered luxuary.

I honestly can not see myself living in Mississauga or Scarborough, Ethobicoke or Markham, Vaughn or any other place around this town, only downtown is an option and that isn't that much fun either, offers many advantages, but also some misery.

I can go and move to Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal, but then again, I guess it all looks like the same, industrialized, using a powerful Marketing machine taht is only after your money and not much and really caring for who you are and what you can do but what THEY can do WITH you and YOUR money and resources.

I now also admit and agree with a friend of mine, a Canadian man, old man and one who has been travelling and living all across Canada during his life span that in Canada, people NO LONGER live with each other but ALONG SIDE of each other and that "his Canada" no longer exists!

That is why he has moved to a remote area north of BC and is living a life that might appear to be boring to many of us, but I can tell, he is wise enough to know why and what he has been doing. He is growing his own food, he has acres of land and is living alone, enjoying natural marvels around him, peace and quiet and when he meets people from other places, other nations etc, he really communicates with them, loves them, wants them to be happy and helps them to find their answers and that is as he calls is " the Canadian spirit" that you hardly find anywhere else in Canada anymore.

Canada is nice place, yes, but is it nicer or better than Germany or England or Italy? Is it better than USA as I know that many of you move here from USA and a few of you such educated people from there too?

I don't know ... I am confused, but also still realistic and believing in the good in every human being and still in the fact that here we can be who we are and do and achieve what we want, but I suppose that is something best described to as living an American dream that is no longer existing here, but I better admit across China or India or some parts of Europe. Times are changed and yes, they really are changed!

We can now call the roof and the four walls holding the roof where and within which we live a "home" and no longer a certain country or city as such regarding the fact that this whole planet is no longer a place of many different countries, but just a "global village" and one showing many similarities with other places where we used to live or do come from.

I can only see neighbourhoods that have no "spirit", no " colour" and no " soul", people who pretend to be happy and "Ok", while they aren't.

I was standing at this subway station on Christmas eve looking around me having a coffee and I didn't see ONE real smile and all that I saw was eithe fake or forced! At least in my "home country" I could walk the dog and hear everybody say " hey, Merry Christmas" and smile, but here, sure big city, nobody does care, but even at work where I know people, people have difficulty to be "happy"...

No wonder 5 storey building knows me since I am the only one who genuinly smiles and is "happy' just for the gift of life I live and a life that is worthy living too.

My motto in life: Always Blessings, Never Losses!

If I choose to go back or move to another country, I won't consider it a loss or a failure, but a blessing!

At least I keep myself for me and shall continue being who I am.

Don't romantisize Canada ... even now the government admits they are allowing too many immigrants to this country and has to limit that and want to cut in their spending and supporting immigration as they notice this is neither good for the immigrants nor for Canada!

But yes, as long as you 've people who can make money over your "hopes" and "dreams", then so be it eh?

Ah well .. personal choice, wanna come here, you do it, but be prepared.

fran137

Oct 11, 2008
hi charlotte

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED AND FULFILLING NEW YR

HAVE BEEN KEEP UP WITH UR POSTS AND U DO GIVE A VERY CLEAR PICTURE OF IT ALL IT REALLY IS DIFFICULT TO LAND A JOB THERE.
I AM FROM DUBAI DID MY LANDING IN JULY AND CAME BACK TO DUBAI AS I HAVE A SMALL HOME BASED SEWING BUSINESS HERE AND IT IS GOOD I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS ONE OF WHOME IS STUDYING IN LA SALLE COLLEGE IN MONTERAL DOING HER FASHION.
AFTER READING UR POSTS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK AS I HAVE PLANS OF OPENING UP MY OWN BUSINESS IN CANADA TOO FROM HOME I DONT KNOW WHAT CHANCE I STAND AS I AM A SEAMSTRESS I AM DOING WELL HERE BUT I DONT KNOW ABOUT CANADA WELL I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO TAKE MY CHANCES LETS SEE.
YOU ARE A VERY STRONG PERSON DONT GIVE UP YOU WILL GET THERE JUST STAY ON TRACK I KNOW IT CAN BE VERY DISHEARTENING AT TIMES BUT KEEP GOING.
I WISH U ALL THE BEST FOR 2011 AND ALL THE OTHER IMMIGRANTS TOO

HAPPY NEW YEAR

PEARL

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Now I am confused.
Is it just "belief in self" or the real state of the economy that will determine our futures.
In any case, Charlotte, I'd say be with your boyfriend, build your future together.
Unless of course Canada is your dream destination and staying here takes precedence over all else...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Now I am confused.
Is it just "belief in self" or the real state of the economy that will determine our futures.
A person can believe in themselves (or a God), but if there is no work, or money, then there is no food or shelter - belief alone does not provide these things.
If anyone thinks it does, then why would they consider moving countries in the first place? Make the "belief" happen where you already live.

As CharlotteJ says :
I suppose this country is only good for the less lucky ones among us who don't have it good right now, who do miss "freedom", "wealth", "peace" and a place to raise their family in peace and safety and who is used to so much misery that working at Tim Hortons or like in my seasonal job case for an entry level pay is considered luxuary.
If where you are is really bad, then moving somewhere that is marginally better may seem like a good idea.

Immigration is not easy, making life work after immigration is harder - for success or a better chance at it, the best thing to possess is a large dose of reality.

ringostar

May 6, 2010
It has been interesting to read personal experiences and perspectives from some of the very fine people in the thread.

From a historic perspective, migration has rarely been a smooth process. Even the migrants who moved decades or a century ago into countries such as USA or Australia had their share of struggles and strife. It hardly gets better in the modern age, despite improved communication media and diverse educational & professional skill sets. I suppose, the secret to 'successful' migration is to have clarity on one's objectives and realistic and educated awareness of what the country can realistically offer. Its the adequate fit between what 'I want' and what Canada ‘can offer'.
What are the unrealistic expectations which will lead to frustration? If you hold fairly good foreign qualifications and overseas professional experience, do not expect to make an early break through and start a career path. It might be few years and additional local academics (by dipping into your pockets) before you are heading on the path you envisioned for yourself. Further, if you think that Canada is the promised land to material progress and riches, think again. The system is geared towards mopping up your income multiple ways (in return for facilities and welfare schemes you may or may not use). Also, if you haven’t put aside sufficient funds to ride out the initial period, stress factor can be high (I would say that anything less than USD 100K in the kitty would twitch your nerves with in a few months of arrival).

However, many immigrants (especially from politically unstable or economically dodgy countries) come here to obtain fresh identity for themselves and more importantly for their children. They generally come here with out any illusions of a smooth ride, willing to bend the back and grind it out. Typically, these people are likely to get by with a balanced perspective .

One can see that immigration and all the associated functions are a significant part of the national GDP mechanism. The process is geared to extracting sizable chunk of funds before, during and after ones migration process. Many of these aspects are clear to the applicant in advance, so one can’t blame the country. Some of the post-landing aspects are mired in vague promises and confused expectations, which causes heart burn in general. One would expect the country to be geared towards offering rationalized job integration opportunities to the applicants who have successfully met the criteria set by Canada. But this hasn’t happened and unlikely to happen for quite some time, until the policy makers revise their fundamentals and make the country more globally aligned in terms of entrepreneurship, investor friendliness and cost effectiveness.

In short, it is very important that all of us clarify our objectives and see if these can be met by the current eco-factors prevailing in Canada. Also, one has to be well prepared both mentally and financially to go through the employability process. Misplaced expectations will certainly push people into unwanted misery, unless one is able to slog it out with long term outlook.

Really

Aug 14, 2010
This is just a general question to all who have landed. How easy is it for one to go back to school after landing? How does one fund education? Are the School loans and financial aid easy to come by for immigrants?

Thanks.

sdffgg

Dec 14, 2010
Hi ringostar,

I think you went through it all very well, however, for couple of reasons you cannot relate the success of the immigration process to the applicant's expectations, objectives, or whatever you call it, only.

For example, people are subjective. They experience the same thing differently at different times. When you live in Canada is not alike to that when you heard about it. Also, things change from year to year; the economic problem is a good example nowadays. But the reality exists, difficulty in finding a job, difficulty in finding a suitable home to live in, high cost of living...

Let me ask you a question now to make things clearer; what is the difference between an immigrant and a visitor to Canada now?

They both pay for their rents, both are responsible for buying their healthcare insurance, both pay for utility usage, to name a few...

Now I'll make myself clear, this discussion at no way is supposed to disillude anybody or discourage them from immigrating to Canada, the aim of this discussion is just to make things clearer, objective, and realistic for all of us.

To sum all that up, the main point to question from the side of any immigrant is "if Canada accepts me as an immigrant; you reviewed my qualifications, you know my experience and you think that I'll add value to your system...then, WHY SHOULD I ONLY HOLD THE RISK? :'("

Happy new year to you all ;).

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
ringostar said:
It has been interesting to read personal experiences and perspectives from some of the very fine people in the thread.

From a historic perspective, migration has rarely been a smooth process. Even the migrants who moved decades or a century ago into countries such as USA or Australia had their share of struggles and strife. It hardly gets better in the modern age, despite improved communication media and diverse educational & professional skill sets. I suppose, the secret to 'successful' migration is to have clarity on one's objectives and realistic and educated awareness of what the country can realistically offer. Its the adequate fit between what 'I want' and what Canada ‘can offer'.
What are the unrealistic expectations which will lead to frustration? If you hold fairly good foreign qualifications and overseas professional experience, do not expect to make an early break through and start a career path. It might be few years and additional local academics (by dipping into your pockets) before you are heading on the path you envisioned for yourself. Further, if you think that Canada is the promised land to material progress and riches, think again. The system is geared towards mopping up your income multiple ways (in return for facilities and welfare schemes you may or may not use). Also, if you haven't put aside sufficient funds to ride out the initial period, stress factor can be high (I would say that anything less than USD 100K in the kitty would twitch your nerves with in a few months of arrival).

However, many immigrants (especially from politically unstable or economically dodgy countries) come here to obtain fresh identity for themselves and more importantly for their children. They generally come here with out any illusions of a smooth ride, willing to bend the back and grind it out. Typically, these people are likely to get by with a balanced perspective .

One can see that immigration and all the associated functions are a significant part of the national GDP mechanism. The process is geared to extracting sizable chunk of funds before, during and after ones migration process. Many of these aspects are clear to the applicant in advance, so one can't blame the country. Some of the post-landing aspects are mired in vague promises and confused expectations, which causes heart burn in general. One would expect the country to be geared towards offering rationalized job integration opportunities to the applicants who have successfully met the criteria set by Canada. But this hasn't happened and unlikely to happen for quite some time, until the policy makers revise their fundamentals and make the country more globally aligned in terms of entrepreneurship, investor friendliness and cost effectiveness.

In short, it is very important that all of us clarify our objectives and see if these can be met by the current eco-factors prevailing in Canada. Also, one has to be well prepared both mentally and financially to go through the employability process. Misplaced expectations will certainly push people into unwanted misery, unless one is able to slog it out with long term outlook.
I agree with almost everything Ringo has said. But I think there are one or two things I'd add, and I think in one regard he's wildly off-base.

1) There is NO country in the world you could move to and expect anything to go any more smoothly. Canada is in fact one of the most immigrant-friendly nations out there. Imagine someone moving to your country, with no contacts, little money and perhaps not even speaking the language well. How would it go for them?

2) Immigration has no control over the private job markets. Connecting with jobs is up to us. CIC can set up categories of immigrants they'll permit according to what private industry is asking for in terms of skilled labor needs. But they are not a job placement service.

3) There's nothing stopping you from not immigrating until you've researched the job and costs issues. Jobs opportunities in Canada are visible in every corner of the earth now with a click of the mouse. So click. If you don't see opportunities in your field, you shouldn't expect it to get any better just because you land on Canadian soil. Also, you can get all the information you need about costs of living with the same simple clicks. Rents, telecom, car, everything. CIC itself even provides cost of living information. So we owe it to ourselves to thoroughly do this research and come to grips with the hard numbers, to clearly understand the reality of the situation and how it relates to our circumstances. Fortunately, everything we need to know is readily available anywhere in the world.

4) The idea that Canada just takes immigrants' money and that's what they're all about, a "a significant part of the national GDP mechanism", is just nonsense. Because it doesn't look at what Canada gives in return. For example, if you come from China, you are given the ability to express yourself without being beaten and locked up in jail. If you come from Pakistan, you are given freedom from the Taliban blowing up the bus you're on. If you come from Iran, you're given freedom from the horrific human rights abuses in that country. No matter where you come from, you get top-notch medical treatment for the rest of your life.

So to say that all immigration is about is "taking your money" is grossly unfair. You need to look at whole picture. Yes there are costs. But hopefully in your case you also get a lot in return.

In sum, we all need to have a realistic clear-eyed understanding of what we give up, and what we get, before immigrating to Canada, and make our decision with open eyes and all the information. Expecting CIC to do things it was never meant to do will only end up hitting you with a hard reality check later, maybe when it's too late and you've already come and expended your resources.

But the good news relates back to something Charlotte's said many, many times: The attitude you take and the steps you take really do matter. Canada is a free, capitalist country. And capitalism rewards the doers and the hard workers. So if you have something to offer, and the ability and will to get it out there, you will prosper.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
That is the whole point.

I recall a few days ago when talking to a co-worker, she told me they were once immigrants too, but it was about 9 years ago and within a few weeks after landing her father found a job as engineer and has been working ever since and now is working in USA and will recently move to another company in Vancouver and who told me that it was so easy to find a job upon landing until just a few years ago which is all due to the economic recession.

This is why I keep a close eye on news these days and can only pray for good spending concensus and numbers these days and when stock markets go up, I am happy too because I know they might add up to the sentiment and people will spend more again and that way new jobs will be created.

I suppose this all depends on the time of the year as well as the "good timing" too as to immigrate to Canada.

My advice for those who are still in the process of getting here and their applications approved, to be glad they are not here now and are given the time to sit out this ride and at least get here when the sky is blue again and no more dark clouds covering the job market so they can immediately land a good job and be happy.

Also, I should warn all those new immigrants to Canada with little money who intend landing in Toronto, simply due to the really high costs of living here.

I now know that Toronto IS a truly expensive place to live and too choose for. I guess I better had chosen for Halifax or some other smaller town to start my adventure, but right now, Toronto is the only option and it is very expensive.

Got my new Rogers bill, after I had been adjusting all the services provided to the minimum and I 've to pay a $190.00 for the next month. Still too much, but that is as low as I could get it all together I suppose.

It is like paying $50 for each service I am subscribed too. Wireless + Home Phone + TV and Internet

Anyway ...

We can just hope for the best and a better year to start with, 2011! So far this year, Canadians appear to be spending slightly more than previous year and this could help the job market a little bit.

Oh btw, I hear from everybody that the months of January and February are really like dead with regard to jobs and job search. I guess this is because of the winter and the aftermath of a busy Holiday season.

So ... We can't do more than we already do but just be doing it better and hope for the best.

I won't lose faith and keep the spirit high during the winter time.

p.s. I am so jealous of this new neighbour of mine. He is from Saudi Arabia and a lovely young man, a student who is now improving his English language skills and who I offered help by practicing too.
He told me last night that his government pays for his scholarship as well as for his rent and all, plus a 2700$ complimentary pocket money a month and if he marries, he can receive half that extra for his wife too.

Wish I could marry him!!! :p :p and all will be just well and problems solved eh?? :p ::) Ah well ... but I can't. He was shocked as to listen to my story and hear my burdon and fight to get my place in this city and in this country.

He is so lucky, once his English classes are finished, he may choose where to go and which university to choose from, being it here or in USA.

I told him to go to Los Angeles or to San Jose, Santa Cruz and/or Seattle but not Toronto. He told me that he is a bit disappointed in how boring Toronto actually is! ::)

Anyway ... some of us are so lucky ... if you are single and want to marry a rich guy, let me know. :p (just kidding)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Charlottej

How are you doing lately?

Feeling any better? Any Job posting in perspective?

Do not tell us that you married the Student from Saudi Arabia?

Whichever decision you make, God will be with you.

Let´s hope things get better. BTW, HNY!!!

SFD

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
SFD said:
Hello Charlottej

How are you doing lately?

Feeling any better? Any Job posting in perspective?

Do not tell us that you married the Student from Saudi Arabia?

Whichever decision you make, God will be with you.

Let´s hope things get better. BTW, HNY!!!

SFD
Happy New Year to you SFD and to all other respected Forumers who are with us in this journey and may we all find our way in this country one way or other and be succesful thoroughout the year 2011 and beyond.

And to those who might land today or in coming days, "welcome to Canada'

I am doing just fine, been just too busy with two last and busy days at work, so I am jobless again and looking for a new opportunity, at least did acquired a bit of Canadian job experience, although everybody has been telling me "you are too good for this job, you are crazy working here etc for such slavery wages etc" but they 've no idea how difficult it is to land a job anyways.

I learned a lot during this short periode of such seasonal job and could improve my language skills during which periode I was busy interacting and communicating to people, also I did make new friends and been just busy getting me the good reference I need for the future employers.

Though, I 've heard that January and February are two poor months regarding job listings and that it is considered a miracle if anybody finds a job during January, perhaps February. But mostly at the end of February the job market starts to pick up although the outlook is not that rosey anyway if you listen to news and follow the "links".

I didn't marry the Saudi Arabian student(s). ;D 1. Too young for me 2. I am way too European to get used to live in SA in any possible way. 3. I rather go back to the Netherlands than marry a rich man here and get encaged!

But I made good friends with them and I help one of them to improve his English language skills. :)

Well, as of tomorrow I am going to start looking for a new job and improve my cover letters, my resumé again and ask friends and those I know for support but also focus more on my volunteering position at the nursing home that has asked me to come in and help with office administration and provide assistance with regard to their archives etc that is nice, sure boring, but job related at least eh?

I don't know ... it doesn't sound all too well right now, but I am hopeful I might get somewhere.

Let's see if "ONE" Canadian job experience on my resumé would make any difference?

Perhaps those of you who read this thread and are also looking for jobs, can update me and all other Forumers with their stories too?! Let us know what have you done so far, have you found any job, where have you been, how do you apply and do you have any valuable advice for us?

Anyway ...

Good luck to all of "us" and be good

Happy New Year :)

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlotte,

I stumbled upon your thread on New Year's Eve and 12 pages later I'm officially hooked ;). I have applied for QSW and currently waiting to hear from my embassy in terms of if and when an interview will be. I know I have a long way to go, but I do enjoy reading your experiences thus far in Canada. I know it will be a matter of time till you land something fruitful, and I hope that 2011 will be a good one for you, me and all of the other forum members.

Keep writing and I will keep reading!