+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience with landing a job with CareerEdge

sandip.iitm

Nov 21, 2015
Hi Thompson

Really nice post. Do you have any idea about Aerospace Engineers??
Do career Edge deals with Aerospace Engineering jobs??

Thanks in advance

Roy

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
nthompson said:
Hello everyone,

I'm VERY VERY SORRY for such a late reply and I guess you may have already found your answers. I've been so busy with work and trying to settling in.

I'd love to share some great news with your all. I just landed a position which is beyond my dream position in the Government and stepped up into more of a senior role. CareerEdge is for sure one of the best choices I've ever made in my life, honestly it is sucha great way to launch your career. I've contacted them to update them on such a great system they have.

Guys if your thinking twice about it, trust me don't hesitate and even if you have applied and not heard back, continue to apply to positions they have on their website as they might already have people who are more qualified for the position in mind etc.

I'm so so excited and I know a few people have been contacted and offered temporary positions in the Government. I hope a few of you on here have had that chance because I may et to meet you as I've been offered to be a part of the panel in meeting the new ITI and to share my experience and advice.

Good luck everyone I do wish each and one of you the best of luck!
Congrats :) and best of luck.

I'll be landing in Edmonton, AB in second week of Feb 2016 as PR. Should I start approaching careeredge before my landing or after getting my SIN?

Thanks,
Khan

vjroB$

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
khanbravo said:
Congrats :) and best of luck.

I'll be landing in Edmonton, AB in second week of Feb 2016 as PR. Should I start approaching careeredge before my landing or after getting my SIN?

Thanks,
Khan
Hi Mr. Khan,

I have already got my PR and landing by February end. I have made an account with CareerEdge and they have asked me to appear for a video interview. So I guess you can make approach them beforehand also.

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
vjroB$ said:
Hi Mr. Khan,

I have already got my PR and landing by February end. I have made an account with CareerEdge and they have asked me to appear for a video interview. So I guess you can make approach them beforehand also.
ah.. thank you :) I'm in process of making CV and cover letter in Canadian template.

Wish me Good Luck! :)

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hello Thompson,

Firstly, I would like to Thank you so much for creating such a positive vibration among to be immigrants like me.
I have got my COPR in July-2015 and I will arrive Toronto on 31-March-2016. (Flight tickets booked for me and family)
At present, I am in Riyadh, SaudiArabia working as an IT Project Manager for Riyad Bank.
I am a PMP Certified IT Project Manager with overall experience of 12 years in IT industry out of which 8 years in Project management for Banking sector.
Since January beginning I have been applying to all Banks in Canada (Scotia, TD, RBC, CIBC etc) through their career section left, right, center...But no luck yet. Pls let me know am I going in the right direction? Regarding Career Edge,as per your advise I believe I should not touch this for now till I land in Canada. What is your advise for me now, when I am still here in my home country I have exactly 2 months more to land. Thanks for your time to read this. Awaiting for your 2 cents! :)

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
Hi Thompson,

I got a Question who has experience getting Career Edge Intern-ship.

Does this intern-ship cover medical insurance benefits, such as, Dental, Eyes, Prescription Drugs etc. during the intern-ship?

Thanks.

MR.SUB

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
04-Feb-2012
AOR Received.
10-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-Mar-2012
Med's Request
28-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
15-Apr-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
28-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-May-2012
LANDED..........
09-Aug-2012
mrbeachman said:
TD is a lifetime as long as you have required 5k in chequing account.

... and they are treating me really while living overseas.
TD is good but its good for everybody if they open acct with PC finance.They will give you 50 pages cheque with no annual maintenance contract.Lots of benefits ,no fees.You can go to any CIBC bank for withdrawing money.

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
Hi Everyone,

I got a Question to someone who has experience getting Career Edge Intern-ship.

Does this intern-ship cover medical insurance benefits, such as, Dental, Eyes, Prescription Drugs etc. during the intern-ship?

Thanks.