+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience with British Council Turkey - IELTS Test with Non English Keyboard

Petoon

Mar 10, 2019
Hey guys

I sat for an exam in Ankara last week and surprisingly the center provided non Turkish keyboard which had no letter i, instead it types dot-less (i) when clicked. I only noticed this after I have finished the listening test. During the reading, I asked the invigilator, are you sure this dotless i is ok,? and to my shock she said no. She continued If you used it for listening, all your answers will be deemed wrong. She said in the Turkish keyboard you should click something like I with a dot, in order to get the small English I. And if you want to get the capital I, you must click the dotless I which until now i dont understand because i am not Turkish. She provided me with an English keyboard then.

Anyways, I filed a complaint and called the center in turkey twice who promised a response within 7 days, however the results will be announced after tomorrow. I email edBritish council Turkey explaining that you should mark my listening manually and I should not wait 7 days because by then it is already too late, and no answer.

What do you advise me to do?

It was really disappointing, i spent for preparation, hotels, tickets, and fees and then they dont provide English keyboard

Advices please