+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience going to USA for Biometrics (PGP Sponsorship)

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Hi! I am creating this post for sharing my experience going to USA for Biometrics.
My parent is in Canada and I wasnt expecting receiving a request for the biometrics.
I read a lot of threads in this forum about people having bad experiences going to USA for biometrics, but in my case it wasnt like that. It was a good experience.

My partner called to the local USA border and he asked if we could go to USA just for doing the biometrics and they said "yes of course". We didnt feel comfortable just saying that our purpose to going to USA was shopping (especially because my parent's Canada visa will expire soon).

We went to USA, and they asked us for the appointment letter, the biometric letter and we waited for long long time, especially because my parent has double nationality and they didnt understand why my parent has 2 passports. The officer border also said that several people had done recently the biometrics in USA and they didnt understand the reason.

When we returned to Canada, I was nervous because my parent's visa will expire in one month but I didnt have any problem for entering to Canada again.

I am located in BC (in a remote location), I supposed that every border is different, so I strongly suggest to call beforehand.

In my case this was a good experience, I was really nervous for 2 weeks, especially after reading bad experiences here. My partner try to calm me and he told me that sometimes when people have a really good experience, they dont have time to write a post about it.

I really hope that everybody could do the biometrics in USA without any problem, I totally understand how you feel right now, hopefully everything is gonna be alright.

Reactions: Belarusian

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi! I am creating this post for sharing my experience going to USA for Biometrics.
My parent is in Canada and I wasnt expecting receiving a request for the biometrics.
I read a lot of threads in this forum about people having bad experiences going to USA for biometrics, but in my case it wasnt like that. It was a good experience.

My partner called to the local USA border and he asked if we could go to USA just for doing the biometrics and they said "yes of course". We didnt feel comfortable just saying that our purpose to going to USA was shopping (especially because my parent's Canada visa will expire soon).

We went to USA, and they asked us for the appointment letter, the biometric letter and we waited for long long time, especially because my parent has double nationality and they didnt understand why my parent has 2 passports. The officer border also said that several people had done recently the biometrics in USA and they didnt understand the reason.

When we returned to Canada, I was nervous because my parent's visa will expire in one month but I didnt have any problem for entering to Canada again.

I am located in BC (in a remote location), I supposed that every border is different, so I strongly suggest to call beforehand.

In my case this was a good experience, I was really nervous for 2 weeks, especially after reading bad experiences here. My partner try to calm me and he told me that sometimes when people have a really good experience, they dont have time to write a post about it.

I really hope that everybody could do the biometrics in USA without any problem, I totally understand how you feel right now, hopefully everything is gonna be alright.
Your partner is absolutely right!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think the volume of applicants going to do biometrics may lead to refusals at a certain point now that they have seen a trend but government moves slowly. Would encourage people to avoid the most common and busiest border crossing for the best success.