+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience during Soft Landing in Canada at the time of COVID-19 in June 2020 from USA

DonCorleone

Nov 30, 2020
@kranthi646464 - Did you contact IRCC (email/call) and get some kind of approval before crossing? I emailed IRCC earlier and got a response to contact them when I'm ready to travel.

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
No, I didn’t contact them.
I got COPR on Jan 2020 . I just travelled.
Borders are open for PR and citizens.
Hi @kranthi646464,

My wife and I received our COPR last month and planning to drive to Canada through Detroit - Windsor tunnel. We are ready to do quarantine but more inclined to do a soft landing. Could we tell the same to the border office that we have planned for quarantine but would like to return to the US the same day if they allow softlanding. Please let me know your thoughts/ suggestions.

Thank you.

kranthi646464

Apr 15, 2020
Hi @kranthi646464,

My wife and I received our COPR last month and planning to drive to Canada through Detroit - Windsor tunnel. We are ready to do quarantine but more inclined to do a soft landing. Could we tell the same to the border office that we have planned for quarantine but would like to return to the US the same day if they allow softlanding. Please let me know your thoughts/ suggestions.

Thank you.
I am not sure about the Softlanding and returning back the same day to US. I would say , you can call the border agency you wish to cross and ask them. They will definitely guide you based on the COVID rules they are following.

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Hi Peacefulpal, did you end up doing a soft landing? We are in WA state and want to do soft landing but unsure if allowed. @kranthi646464,

Thank you.
Hi @

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Hi peacefulpal, did you end up doing soft landing? How did it go? Located in WA state and looking to do a soft landing but unsure how it will be handled.

lutesgardeb

Feb 14, 2020
Just an update on our soft landing. We completed my husband's soft landing at Peace Arch crossing Feb 28, 2021.

What we did:

- got a PCR covid test 1 day before going to the border.
- filled out our goods to follow list.
- brought Passport and COPR letter
- brought print out of financials (not requested) and copy of marriage certificate to Canadian spouse (not requested)
- had

Arrived at border:
- said here to land as a permanent resident. asked if he had a travel plan. He said no, he wants to u-turn and immediately return to USA. They said OK.
- Asked if bringing anything in the car like guns, alcohol etc. Said no.
- Went inside where the goods to follow list was processed. We didn't want to risk them turning us back if that wasn't filled out, so we went ahead and processed everything.
- Provided my parents address in Canada even though we aren't planning to move there. Initially immigration officer didn't want to write that address down, but ended up doing that. Said the card would be sent in 6-8 weeks. Added temporary PR to passport for travel purposes in the meantime.
- No problem turning around at border as US citizen.

That was it! We didn't know how they were viewing soft landings given all the recent changes but decided since we were within driving distance to go for it.