+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My emotions

orodeshah

Mar 14, 2015
Yes, I got RQ, for what? I do not know, I had only 3 trips out of Canada, and I am sure of my dates, so I had enough days to apply, I wanted to say I am just sorry for myself to enter a process that is without timeline!

Yes I immigrated from a country without democracy (living in democracy was my main goal for immigration) but even there, government easily says yes or no, but I do not have this right here in Canada...

Most immigrants do anything , accept anything to appear nice and acceptable, how? When conservatives changed rules and added vague sentences like "intention to reside" many applicants defended it here!! When conservatives changed number of necessary days of residency, again applicants here were happy and defended it, they even said: it can never comes back to 3 out of 5 again!
But now liberals are changing everything , I am happy democracy did its job in Canada and Liberals won election, I respect Canada for its democracy, and I am sorry for applicants that defended bad laws that even new Canadian government is going to stop ...

When I said Canadian government knows exactly who enters and leaves country, many here said no! Now they give report of your exits even to yourself !!!

And I am sorry for myself to choose a path in my life that ended here: "no explanation and no timeline for your application"

You may ask first question in such conditions: "why do not you go back to your original country?"
Answer is simple: I spent few years of my life in immigration process, few in PR condition, I lost many good chances in other countries, I spent more than 400000 Canadian dolars here for myself and my family, so I have no where to go back ... No where :(

I deeply regrette all my decisions ... I lost my life ... I humiliated myself ... Now I should wait maybe 36 months for getting a yes or no !

Who knows ,maybe I am pessimist ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Diplomatru said:
You should withdraw and apply under new rules (4/6).
Why? If someone has lots of evidence that they have been living in Canada and meet RO, why not submit the RQ and proceed with the application? My husband received his oath date three weeks after submitting his RQ.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Why? If someone has lots of evidence that they have been living in Canada and meet RO, why not submit the RQ and proceed with the application? My husband received his oath date three weeks after submitting his RQ.
Yet there are cases when evidence was submitted years ago, and people are still waiting. RQ process is not transparent...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
orodeshah said:
Yes, I got RQ, for what? I do not know, I had only 3 trips out of Canada, and I am sure of my dates, so I had enough days to apply, I wanted to say I am just sorry for myself to enter a process that is without timeline!

Yes I immigrated from a country without democracy (living in democracy was my main goal for immigration) but even there, government easily says yes or no, but I do not have this right here in Canada...

Most immigrants do anything , accept anything to appear nice and acceptable, how? When conservatives changed rules and added vague sentences like "intention to reside" many applicants defended it here!! When conservatives changed number of necessary days of residency, again applicants here were happy and defended it, they even said: it can never comes back to 3 out of 5 again!
But now liberals are changing everything , I am happy democracy did its job in Canada and Liberals won election, I respect Canada for its democracy, and I am sorry for applicants that defended bad laws that even new Canadian government is going to stop ...

When I said Canadian government knows exactly who enters and leaves country, many here said no! Now they give report of your exits even to yourself !!!

And I am sorry for myself to choose a path in my life that ended here: "no explanation and no timeline for your application"

You may ask first question in such conditions: "why do not you go back to your original country?"
Answer is simple: I spent few years of my life in immigration process, few in PR condition, I lost many good chances in other countries, I spent more than 400000 Canadian dolars here for myself and my family, so I have no where to go back ... No where :(

I deeply regrette all my decisions ... I lost my life ... I humiliated myself ... Now I should wait maybe 36 months for getting a yes or no !

I understand your situation and frustration. RQ is NOT end of the world, most of us who even came from the democratic countries had to undergo the same.

They could be many reasons why RQ's are sent, simple as similar details of two applicants are quite similar, where a mere Finger Print is asked. At times, CIC need clarity and they put application as non-routine, send RQ for further details.

With heightened global security concerns, immigrants from certain countries are required detailed scrutiny. Not necessarily the applicant is under suspicions, its just a matter of procedure though time consuming. Since CIC is overwhelmed due to work load, outdated system and bureaucracy ridden, the process is painfully slow and frustrating for most of candidates.

Respond ASAP to the RQ. Request the ATIP report to figure out, what could be the reason for RQ. Hopefully you should be alright. ;D

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
orodeshah said:

There is NO RULE that they will process it for that long. Many people received their Oath couple of months after being RQed. So your Oath might be just around the corner.

The processing timelines at the CIC website regarding citizenship are misleading as the current date. Very misleading.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orodeshah said:

It's a systemic problem. There is no oversight whatsoever on the actions of CIC officers. If your officer doesn't like you for whatever reason, she/he can block your application for a very long time. It seems that some are trying to use their authorities to pass some agendas that they couldn't impose through the democratic process. Anyway, you should be thankful for being in Canada and not in the US, for example, where Trumpism is on the rise. Here Trumpism is still hidden.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you know about US that you bash US system. Do you know how consistent is Department of Homeland security in reviewing the immigration applications, while there is no consistency in Canada. Do you know they review the citizenship applications in just only few months and one can apply 90 days before his time is up??!?! If you don't know how things work don't make comments about it. The reason Trump is rising is because Americans are sick of timid president and government. They want some one that has guts to stand up. Generally speaking, Americans are frank they don't hide things and are not sneaky like Canadians.
asaif said:
It's a systemic problem. There is no oversight whatsoever on the actions of CIC officers. If your officer doesn't like you for whatever reason, she/he can block your application for a very long time. It seems that some are trying to use their authorities to pass some agendas that they couldn't impose through the democratic process. Anyway, you should be thankful for being in Canada and not in the US, for example, where Trumpism is on the rise. Here Trumpism is still hidden.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calm down buddy. RQ is not the end of the world. You can't predict the future, as some people mentioned here everyone's case is different, just reply ASAP and wait. You still can work, live and enjoy life here.
orodeshah said:

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
orodeshah said:

what exactly happened? I will request you to be more factual than emotional. Did you not finish 1095 days or just because you travelled, CIC counted you non - routine application?

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
What kind of RQ did u get? Nowadays processing RQ is a lot faster and than before, I have seen many people got RQ and their application was delayed for only one month... No a big deal buddy.

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there,
Sorry to hear. However, we got same letter for my wife two years ago. Don't be upset, just prepare all documents as soon as possible and send to them. No worries. In most of cases its just an attempt to verify the client's history one more time, nothing specially against you.

In our case, we did all the documents in one week and sent it to CIC. In three weeks we got an invitation to citizenship ceremony. Finally, my wife became citizen two months earlier than me and child.
I agree this process unclear and uncertain, but we can't change the situation.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
orodeshah said:

Dont worry now CIC is not taking 36 months 2013-14 and 2015 delay was only couple of months.

2011-12 was really bad my wife got RQ in Nov-2011 and after 3 years of wait she got oath in Jan-2015 total was 47 months.