+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My dream to start a convenience store - Queries

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Guys,

I'm a PR applicant planning to settle down in Ontario.

It's been my desire to start up a convenience store and I got a few doubts.

I read about LCBO - Liquor Control Board of Ontario that restricts Alcohol sales in Ontario province.

I need to know if convenience store in Ontario does not sell Alcohol? If they do, how do they do it?

Does LCBO issues licenses to Stores where alcohol is sold. In that case, what is the cost of the license fee?
I could not find out this information in their website.

Can someone help !!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - convenience stores cannot sell alcohol in Ontario. So no - you won't be able to get a license to sell alcohol. That's why you couldn't find any information on this.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
scylla said:
No - convenience stores cannot sell alcohol in Ontario. So no - you won't be able to get a license to sell alcohol. That's why you couldn't find any information on this.
Any other province that allows selling alcohol in convenience stores? If yes, pls provide links to read about it.

If I run a bar in Ontario, do i get license from LCBO in that case?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about you set up your own winery in the Niagara Falls region? I visited many vineyards, taste it, and buy wine there.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
How about you set up your own winery in the Niagara Falls region? I visited many vineyards, taste it, and buy wine there.
Thanks I will think about it.

Now can you help if I am allowed to sell alcohol in Convenience Store outside Ontario. The reason why I still look to sell Alcohol is for high profits.

I am aware Cigarettes are high taxed and profitable too. But requires Tobacco licensing.