+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Dependent child Sponsorship

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Dear All,

Myself and my dependents (Spouse + First Child) received COPR . On Aug 10th we are blessed with baby in India. My landing on Etobicoke is completed . My dependents will travel to Canada before VISA expiry date (Feb 2018). kindly let me know how can i get my baby along with my family member before Feb 2018. Kindly help .

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
I mentioned about my child birth and they requested me to send email to CIC with birth certificate.I sent email with all details..but no reply from CIC.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
I dont find any update in the form . no declaration done , becoz no birth certificate at that time.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
You should have declared the baby BEFORE landing. Other members can comment, but I think you will not be able to sponsor the newborn baby. You should have informed CIC with the changes in your family composition and they will have let you know how to add her before you land. Whether or not you have the birth certificate, you should have not landed before declaring the baby to CIC.
I have sent email on Aug 10th to CIC on new born baby.After landing i have sent another email with birth certificate.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Did you get any feedback?
I am not sure if this email can be an evidence that helps you to sponsor the baby in the future.
Let's wait to see what other more experienced members have to say.
So when i can sponsor ? or can i bring my child in DV ? please advise.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Unfortunately it seems like you would not be able to sponsor your child to come to Canada. You had to add the newborn to the application, and wait for your visa office to give you instructions. When you landed, you would have had to mention that there was a newborn that was not included in the application, and also was not coming with you. If that had been the case, the officer would have denied your landing, and then you would have gone back to your home country. They are very strict about this rule. Technically, you will not be able to sponsor your child to Canada, as you have committed misrepresentation.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. By completing your landing without having the new child added to the application and completing the medical, you have essentially made it impossible for you to sponsor the child to come to Canada. At this point, I would seriously consider consulting a good immigration lawyer with your issue. The only other option would be to renounce your PR and apply from the beginning again.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to call CIC. Ask them what they have in your file (did they get your email).
When did you get your visas?

You informed the office during the landing and followed his instructions.
I think the worst case scenario- you will need to sponsor AGAIN : your wife AND the baby.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think the worst case scenario- you will need to sponsor AGAIN : your wife AND the baby.
If the Baby was born between the time they received their COPR and landing, the child had to have the medical. By not returning and updating the COPR the child is not eligible for sponsorship. The choice is to either renounce their current PR status or attempt an H&C application (which has a very low chance of approval and would require the child to be in canada). This policy has been enforced over and over and has been supported by the courts.

Last edited:

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
If the COPR was born between the time they received their copy and landing, the child had to have the medical. By not returning and updating the COPR the child is not eligible for sponsorship. The choice is to either renounce their current PR status or attempt an H&C application (which has a very low chance of approval and would require the child to be in canada). This policy has been enforced over and over and has been supported by the courts.
but i sent an email to CPC ottwa on the day of my child delivery and requested for details for processing PR application . i havent got any update from them till now.

during landing they misunderstood as child born in canada. this was told by cic customer support agent in today's call.

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
Try to call CIC. Ask them what they have in your file (did they get your email).
When did you get your visas?

You informed the office during the landing and followed his instructions.
no update from CIC . I have sent 3 follow up emails with birth certificate . i got my COPR and visa on july 2nd week and baby born on aug 1st week and i did my landing on aug last week . i have sent 2 email before landing to CIC on my new born for requesting process for applying PR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Sending an e-mail to IRCC doesn't matter. The fact is, the COPR you used was invalid and needed to be updated with the additional family member before you landed. That would have required your baby to be medically examined before it was re-issued. Your new baby is currently inadmissible under family class sponsorship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
no update from CIC . I have sent 3 follow up emails with birth certificate . i got my COPR and visa on july 2nd week and baby born on aug 1st week and i did my landing on aug last week . i have sent 2 email before landing to CIC on my new born for requesting process for applying PR.
It doesn't matter. You needed to wait for your child to be added to your application.

You landed without declaring your child, which means that you committed misrepresentation and your child is forever excluded from the Family Class.

I suggest you renounce your PR status and apply again with your family properly included.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
When you land and submitted your COPR to CSBA there is a question on the form asking if you have any other dependants other than the ones on your COPR and you will answer yes and
they will ask you to declare that and the date of birth ..

kannan24

Jan 29, 2017
When you land and submitted your COPR to CSBA there is a question on the form asking if you have any other dependants other than the ones on your COPR and you will answer yes and
they will ask you to declare that and the date of birth ..
I havent declared .I said am expecting baby passport and BC next month and later will sponsor .But I emaild CPC before landing and sent email about my new born and requested for process details..unfortunately they havent replied . So finally they agreed the mistake and requested to provided the baby details.