+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My CRS is 453, is it good enough? How do I increase it?

sy.maaz

Sep 1, 2020
Hello! I recently calculated my CRS via the tool, which came out to be 453. I also cleared IELTS with a decent 8.5 score, and have 3+ years of work-ex from India. I've done my bachelor's in business administration and I'm yet to do my master's.
Considering the latest draw has a score of 577, is there a fixed pattern that can tell me when I can expect the cut-off to drop as low as 452 to make me eligible?
Also, can someone highlight the fact that an executive MBA/MA in MassComm is recognized via WES to give me a 40-point boost?
Thanks in advance!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello! I recently calculated my CRS via the tool, which came out to be 453. I also cleared IELTS with a decent 8.5 score, and have 3+ years of work-ex from India. I've done my bachelor's in business administration and I'm yet to do my master's.
Considering the latest draw has a score of 577, is there a fixed pattern that can tell me when I can expect the cut-off to drop as low as 452 to make me eligible?
Also, can someone highlight the fact that an executive MBA/MA in MassComm is recognized via WES to give me a 40-point boost?
Thanks in advance!
You should look forward to some 1 or 2 years post-graduate diploma program from a certified/licensed university, for quick results. If age isn't an issue then Master's program will be a better option.
If this is done and the educational program is evaluated successfully by the ECA bodies, you will get a boost of 33pts if it's a PG diploma and 40pts if it's a Master's degree.

Reactions: sy.maaz

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks in advance!
You should expect Express Entry / FSW won't drop that low.

You'll either want to increase your score or look into the PNP programs.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks in advance!
Frankly, you don't stand a chance to get an Invite. Also, EE may be moving to NOC based draws early next year and looking at your info, I don't think your profession (MassComm) is demanding in Canada. I could be wrong about the demand, but check it out. If there is not demand, then you don't stand a chance for PNP programs as well. Better move to Canada as a Student. Because Canada "loves" giving PR's to students.

sy.maaz

Sep 1, 2020
Frankly, you don't stand a chance to get an Invite. Also, EE may be moving to NOC based draws early next year and looking at your info, I don't think your profession (MassComm) is demanding in Canada. I could be wrong about the demand, but check it out. If there is not demand, then you don't stand a chance for PNP programs as well. Better move to Canada as a Student. Because Canada "loves" giving PR's to students.

Thanks for the reply! Will being a student get me a decent amount of work visa tenure to extend my stay?

sy.maaz

Sep 1, 2020

Thanks for your response! In your opinion, will I get a decent PNP opportunity, and how low can the cut-off go? My NOCs are 0214 and 5121, btw.

sy.maaz

Sep 1, 2020

Thanks
You should look forward to some 1 or 2 years post-graduate diploma program from a certified/licensed university, for quick results. If age isn't an issue then Master's program will be a better option.
If this is done and the educational program is evaluated successfully by the ECA bodies, you will get a boost of 33pts if it's a PG diploma and 40pts if it's a Master's degree.

Do you think this will be enough to get an invite? Will the cut-off go as low as 480ish?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks

Do you think this will be enough to get an invite? Will the cut-off go as low as 480ish?
Who knows. They are only inviting a small number of people now and they may also flip to an occupation specific draw (in which case whether you are selected may highly depend on your occupation and if it's in demand). No one here can answer questions about the future.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks

For non-Canadian candidates, 470-480 is a pretty good score.

Whereas, Canadian candidates may usually have 500+ scores. So, if you're not having a Canadian Education/Experience you can't have a score of 500 or above.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response! In your opinion, will I get a decent PNP opportunity, and how low can the cut-off go? My NOCs are 0214 and 5121, btw.
I have no idea if have a chance of being selected through PNP. You'll need to dedicate time to researching the programs. NOC 5121 isn't in demand and I don't think that one is going to be of much help for a NOC-driven selection. I don't know about 0214.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thanks for the reply! Will being a student get me a decent amount of work visa tenure to extend my stay?
Please do you research. You will know.

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
That’s weird. BA holders max at 441, unless you have a spouse with a decent ielts/degree, or a french score. Make sure you’re calculating your score right.
Regarding the score itself, everyone else has already said it.

Reactions: sy.maaz and RSub

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
My score is 453 also. Noc 3012. It is frustrating

• Sad

sy.maaz

Sep 1, 2020
That’s weird. BA holders max at 441, unless you have a spouse with a decent ielts/degree, or a french score. Make sure you’re calculating your score right.
Regarding the score itself, everyone else has already said it.
haha, I also have a 3 years worth of work-ex and a sibling in Canada, maybe that's why. Thanks anyway :)