+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Citizenship Timeline Scarborough 2016

There2Here

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Guy's,

I have been viewing this forum as a guess to see timeline etc while I was waiting for both my interview, testing and Oath letters.
Now that I a Canadian, I believe it's only fair to register and share my timeline for those of you who are and will be as anxious as I was.

First let me say this is consider to be a non-route timeline because of the request for fingerprint, there was some history in my past so the finger print letter was warranted as CIC always want to make sure of no surprise before you become a citizen.
I have read in previous treads on the topic of non-routine processing, in my humble opinion pretty fast based on what I have read in the pass.
Here is my ecas printout.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on June 4, 2015.
4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 9, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5. We sent you correspondence on July 14, 2015. {finger print letter request } If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6. We sent you a notice on October 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. {pass with 18/20, I order the hard copy study guide and use {yourlibrary{dot}ca/citizenship for practice prep} The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
7. We sent you a notice on January 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM. {recv’d leter on January 26th colour was pink.} The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

perl57

Feb 23, 2015
This is very very encouraging news for people like us.
Filed - April 2015
Received - April 30th 2015
Accepted - July 10th 2015
Finger Prints - Oct 2015, sent within a week.

That is the status. Hope out of hope, I am expecting to get the the test date soon.

Congratulations Canadian!!! ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
There2Here said:
Hi Guy's,

I have been viewing this forum as a guess to see timeline etc while I was waiting for both my interview, testing and Oath letters.
Now that I a Canadian, I believe it's only fair to register and share my timeline for those of you who are and will be as anxious as I was.

First let me say this is consider to be a non-route timeline because of the request for fingerprint, there was some history in my past so the finger print letter was warranted as CIC always want to make sure of no surprise before you become a citizen.
I have read in previous treads on the topic of non-routine processing, in my humble opinion pretty fast based on what I have read in the pass.
Here is my ecas printout.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on June 4, 2015.
4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 9, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5. We sent you correspondence on July 14, 2015. {finger print letter request } If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6. We sent you a notice on October 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. {pass with 18/20, I order the hard copy study guide and use {yourlibrary{dot}ca/citizenship for practice prep} The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
7. We sent you a notice on January 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM. {recv’d leter on January 26th colour was pink.} The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats !!!