+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Citizenship application is taking too long

molhamagha93

Nov 15, 2019
I applied for the citizenship in Toronto at the end of October 2017 because I went there to work for few month then moved back to Montreal, so I changed my address to Montreal then on March 26th 2019 to take the test in Toronto ( which is weird because I told them I already moved back to Montreal ) then they asked me to submit fingerprints which I did right away and since then Im waiting for the Oath and no news, I am really worried why its taking too long, even though they told me that they moved my file to Montreal on the 20th of June 2019 and no news since then. this is my timeline, Please help.
Is it normal that my application is taking more than 2 years? knowing that cic agent confirmed that everythig is good in the file and they received my fingerprints also I passed the test 20/20
Is there anything I can do for speeding the Oath?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 28, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 18, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 26, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
I applied for the citizenship in Toronto at the end of October 2017 because I went there to work for few month then moved back to Montreal, so I changed my address to Montreal then on March 26th 2019 to take the test in Toronto ( which is weird because I told them I already moved back to Montreal ) then they asked me to submit fingerprints which I did right away and since then Im waiting for the Oath and no news, I am really worried why its taking too long, even though they told me that they moved my file to Montreal on the 20th of June 2019 and no news since then. this is my timeline, Please help.
Is it normal that my application is taking more than 2 years? knowing that cic agent confirmed that everythig is good in the file and they received my fingerprints also I passed the test 20/20
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 26, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 17, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 17, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
talk to your MP

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Immediately hire a lawyer and file for Mandamus application in Federal Court.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I am also Montreal, October 2017 applicant, but still no test invite, worse than your case. As far as I know, the Montreal office seems to have more problems than the other ones in Canada. Your MP may or may not be able to help, but contacting him/her would still be a good option at first. File Mandamus with a lawyer only if your MP fails to help after few months.

Good luck!

molhamagha93

Nov 15, 2019
I am going to contact an MP tomorrow and I am going to see how it will go, I am just scared that there is something wrong with my file even though when I call the cic call center they told me your file has no problem you just have to wait till they invite you for the ceremony. The thing is I cant travel outside of Canada without the passport. do you know any good lawyer for that issue?

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
I am going to contact an MP tomorrow and I am going to see how it will go, I am just scared that there is something wrong with my file even though when I call the cic call center they told me your file has no problem you just have to wait till they invite you for the ceremony. The thing is I cant travel outside of Canada without the passport. do you know any good lawyer for that issue?
Are you a protected person turned permanent resident?