+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My CIC Stage 2 Of WHP, HELP!

jesswyn

Jan 4, 2011
Hey guys, so I sent my application for my work holiday permit to Syndney along with my 150$ payment and such and my credit card company informed me that they recieved the payment and I then recieved an email from them with a letter of Conditional acceptance, and they said now its time for stage 2 of my application and I have to regiester online for my CIC and follow the Come To Canada help questions. I followed the questions got my document checklist number and then it tells me to apply online for my WHP and is asking for the payment and police check and forms again!

I'm afraid I dont understand, are the forms I sent in the mail useless? I sent them my original police certificate so I cant scan it for this online thing, do they expect me to get ANOTHER one? and pay the fees AGAIN? I just dont understand whats going on here!

Also i am applying for my second work visa, i am currently in canada so my country of residence is Canada, putting that into the Come To Canada questions results in a "apply for extending your work permit" result which im not eligible for, so I had to say I was a resident of Australia to even get to the WHP screen for the document checklist number. This is very confusing and alot different to when i applied for the first visa :( Can someone help me?

gigapudding

May 1, 2013
The process for Australia changed right at the start of the year. For stage 1, you only had to send them a form you completed online, plus the usual passport scans and photos.

In the new process, police checks are only required at stage 2. Plus one of the PDF forms that was part of the old process is needed in stage 2, not stage 1 (the one with the 5 big barcodes). The new system is way too complicated and long compared to the old process. You don't need to pay the fee again. If you've been in Canada for 6 months, people on this forum have said that they've been asked to also provide a Canadian police check.

CIC knows there is a bug with their Come to Canada wizard. For country of residence, you'll need to put Australia, even though that's not the case. But when you fill out the immigration forms, put your residence as Canada. Then it will say that you're eligible for the WHP program.