+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY CIC ACCOUNT SHOWS "we need your medical"

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
hey guys, i gave my medical last week for study permit. i confirmed with the hospital, they have said that they have submitted my medical reports, but on my cic account it still shows that, we need your medical information. shouldnt that status change to " review in progress". please anyone, help me out in this?

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
rish261193 said:
hey guys, i gave my medical last week for study permit. i confirmed with the hospital, they have said that they have submitted my medical reports, but on my cic account it still shows that, we need your medical information. shouldnt that status change to " review in progress". please anyone, help me out in this?
It will take week/15 days to upload results to CIC. Wait for few more days or Call CIC and tell that you have done with Medicals anyhow you have receipts with you

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
yes i have the receipts. i called the doctors office, they confirmed that the results have been successfully uploaded.. i did go thru the previous posts, in which a few more ppl have the same issue, probably cic takes time to update their site. well, its getting harder day by day for me, study permit is surely a hassle

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
rish261193 said:
yes i have the receipts. i called the doctors office, they confirmed that the results have been successfully uploaded.. i did go thru the previous posts, in which a few more ppl have the same issue, probably cic takes time to update their site. well, its getting harder day by day for me, study permit is surely a hassle
You have crossed hassle, you should be happy now and start preparing to move to Canada. Start listing out things what to bring-in Canada. Last moment rush you will forget most of things which you should take. Better list now itself.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
rish261193 said:
haha lol, belive it or not, my bags infront of me with half my clothes in.!! thanks thou mate.. :p
Good. You are landing during peak winter. Have some winter jackets,scarfs,cap,hand gloves. My sister was saying whatever they had taken from India was not suffice to cold. They had to buy from Canada Stores. So don't spend much on winter clothing. Here in Canada most of the shops does price matching. So you always get chance to buy lesser price, if you do some research before buying. Have some medicine prescribed by doctor and don't forget to take prescription. People will try to put you down, you should be strong enough to handle situations.

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Oh well, i was there in canada from sep-dec at my parents... i had bought a few jackets and stuff which i left at my place there. and i know jackets from india are useless with the kind of cold am about to encounter!!! i hope your process gets smooth.. did you reapply?

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
rish261193 said:
Oh well, i was there in canada from sep-dec at my parents... i had bought a few jackets and stuff which i left at my place there. and i know jackets from india are useless with the kind of cold am about to encounter!!! i hope your process gets smooth.. did you reapply?
oh... that's nice your parents stay in Canada. Are they PR holders?
I have asked my sister to apply CAIPS notes, she has applied probably will get in feb 1st week if they take 30 days.

Akarsh G

May 3, 2016
rish261193 said:
They are on work permit, have applied for the PR.. So as per your case you wont be moving this Jan?? Btw i read a few posts in which ppl have got the CAIPS in like a week. All will be well brother. Where you from?
Being positive and hoping for best. As far i know CAIPS will take 30 days if we apply within Canada and 6 Weeks outside Canada through third party. Earlier CIC used to outsouce all this to third party now they have it their own site where we can apply for CAIPS. I am from Bangalore. Its not good way to communicate here in forum :) We can always send PM. If any update will PM you