+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my chance of acceptance of refugee

Khalid2245

Dec 11, 2018
Respected members,
i was born in India to my Bangladeshi bengali parents. when i was 13 years old, anti bengali militant group of Tripura state attacked my fathers. my parents returned back to Bangkadesh. i was brought up in Tripura in my maternal aunt's house. after i passed secondary exam, my parents again came in West Bengal state in India nd bought an old house and and we started living there. but local people came to know my parents are bangladeshi, and they tortured my father and occupy our house. nd my parents again returned to Bangldesh. and i returned to Tripura state of India nd completed higher secondary exam. nd i felt Tripura nd West Bengal are not safe for me. i went Maharashtra state nd completed Diploma. later while doing job i join political party Amra Bangali who supports Bengali speaking people. but anti migrant MNS party in Maharashtra harrased me. on the other side some my comments againt anti bangali militant head in tripura were spreaded via social media whatsap. then everyday i started to receive threat call to be killed. i was very anxious nd come in Canada for a safe life. kindly advise me my chance of acceptene as a refugee.

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
dear member, i am in Canada on TRV and hoping to apply for asylm.
if you are in Canada now, do not wait for several months to apply asylum. you need to apply as soon as you can since the board member of IRB will consider time delays a factor to weigh your case.

if you delay your case, let's say more than a month or 2 months, you need to give a strong and valid reason why did you delay claiming refugee. your lawyer knows it for sure.

you can open IRB (immigration refugee board) website to see the acceptance rate for every country and yes, India and surroundings, are low in acceptance. do not lie about your claim, do not hide your identity, be truthful and be yourself when claiming refugee because they will know whether you need Canada's protection or not basically.

Khalid2245

Dec 11, 2018
thanks for your reply. i would like to mention that i was born in Tripura state, and later moved to West Bengal when my partents bought a home in West Bengal. and we were also tortured there. then i moved Maharashtra , and even in Maharashtra state i was harrased by MNS political party. my life was miserable. in India there is no guarantee that i will be safe in another part of India as i was geeting threat call daily. and life is too short to keep fleeing from one state to another state in India with full of depression and anxity.