+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My CELPIP general score is acceptable for citizenship application.

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
hi friends :

My CELPIP general score is acceptable for citizenship application or not. I took my test July 2014 ( CELPIP General )

My score : L5 S6 R4 W5

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
SINP 2014 PNP said:
hi friends :

My CELPIP general score is acceptable for citizenship application or not. I took my test July 2014 ( CELPIP General )

For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.

SINP 2014 PNP

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
foodie69 said:
For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
so i have L 5 and S 6

And my test was taken after 2014 April and it was general

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SINP 2014 PNP said:
hi friends :

Read the instructions as per the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

2. Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age

Select one of the following types of proof to submit with your application:

Results of an accepted third-party test at the equivalent of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) / Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiensFootnote 1 level 4 or higher in speaking and listening either done previously for immigration purposes (acceptable even if expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes. Test results from the following list are acceptable:
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking), not the academic version.
For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of level 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
For tests taken before April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.

As per the information mentioned above, it seems to be that your CELPIP General should be accepted as language proof

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Read the instructions as per the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Results of an accepted third-party test at the equivalent of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) / Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiensFootnote 1 level 4 or higher in speaking and listening either done previously for immigration purposes (acceptable even if expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes. Test results from the following list are acceptable:
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking), not the academic version.
For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of level 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
For tests taken before April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.

As per the information mentioned above, it seems to be that your CELPIP General should be accepted as language proof

I m little bit confused
So far I know CELPIP LS is only ok for citizenship test
But he has celpip general

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hamid khan said:
So far I know CELPIP LS is only ok for citizenship test
But he has celpip general
CELPIP General is accepted by IRCC as language proof.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
You are good to go, send it. Good Luck

SINP 2014 PNP said:
hi friends :

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Guys,

Read the statement carefully:

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Took test on September 20, 2020
COPIED FROM EARLIER REPLY..
I BELIEVE YOU ARE GOOD TO GO..

SpideyM

Oct 13, 2020
Good day,

My plan is to get the Provincial Nominee. Will this score can be accepted? I took my test October 9, 2020 ( CELPIP General )

My score : L7 S7 R6 W7