+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My case has been referred to the Program Support Unit!!!??

iheartca

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
04-03-2004
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hi guys,

I just got a letter from CIC telling me that my case for Grant Citizenship was referred to the Program Support Unit on May 14, 2014

Here is my timeline and some info.

Case info:
22 year old single+ 1 dependent (14 year old sister)
Both are full time students.
PR since 2007
Parents are US citizens
Clean records. Never been in any trouble.
Stayed in the country for lonnnnnnnger than 1095 days.
Been out of the country for 3 or 4 times in that past 7 years.

Timeline:
Timeline:
Applied in Feb, 2014
CIC signed the document: Feb 3, 2014
CIC Start processing: March 19, 2014
Received the first letter (Receipt and book): April 14, 2014

Delayed Application notice from Program Support Unit: May 20, 2014

I've done some research online and found very few information. This guy from another forum applied in 2009 and did his oath in March, 2014.

Anyone who's been in this situation please help!!!

Thank you!

P.S.

I gave a phone call to CIC Call centre and asked about it. They told me there's nothing they can tell me. I'll just have to wait for the PSU to contact me.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PSU is an Internal Dept at CIC....its just like getting the RQ
I see from your timeline that you applied in Feb 2014, nothing to worry about it yet...
I know candidates who got referred to the PSU after over 25 months of filing the application...

Wish you the very Best!

iheartca said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hi guys,

I just got a letter from CIC telling me that my case for Grant Citizenship was referred to the Program Support Unit on May 14, 2014

Here is my timeline and some info.

Case info:
22 year old single+ 1 dependent (14 year old sister)
Both are full time students.
PR since 2007
Parents are US citizens
Clean records. Never been in any trouble.
Stayed in the country for lonnnnnnnger than 1095 days.
Been out of the country for 3 or 4 times in that past 7 years.

Timeline:
Timeline:
Applied in Feb, 2014
CIC signed the document: Feb 3, 2014
CIC Start processing: March 19, 2014
Received the first letter (Receipt and book): April 14, 2014

Delayed Application notice from Program Support Unit: May 20, 2014

I've done some research online and found very few information. This guy from another forum applied in 2009 and did his oath in March, 2014.

Anyone who's been in this situation please help!!!

Thank you!

P.S.

I gave a phone call to CIC Call centre and asked about it. They told me there's nothing they can tell me. I'll just have to wait for the PSU to contact me.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a start I'm unclear as to why as it seems a sister was included as a dependent in the citizenship application? How did you get your PR as this is often the first thing PSU look into?

iheartca

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
04-03-2004
Msafiri said:
As a start I'm unclear as to why as it seems a sister was included as a dependent in the citizenship application? How did you get your PR as this is often the first thing PSU look into?
Hi there,

1. It's due to some family reason. Our parents dont live in the country with us, and they've signed documents legally through a lawyer in Saskatchewan.

2. I was 15 in 2007 when we came to Canada. Me and my sister got our PR cards as the dependents. And our mom was the Applicant. (It was all legal.)

iheartca

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
04-03-2004
daktrader said:
PSU is an Internal Dept at CIC....its just like getting the RQ
I see from your timeline that you applied in Feb 2014, nothing to worry about it yet...
I know candidates who got referred to the PSU after over 25 months of filing the application...

Wish you the very Best!

Thank you Darktrader! I just saw that you waited for 51 months before the oath!!

Yeah guess i'll just have to WAIT! LOL

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not a problem...
Im still waiting ...No oath date in sight...

Good Luck!

iheartca said:
Thank you Darktrader! I just saw that you waited for 51 months before the oath!!

Yeah guess i'll just have to WAIT! LOL

CPU2014

Jun 27, 2014
i don,t know about it completely.I received a letter from sydney that your file is transferred to PSU and it will cause further delay.nothing written on my ecas.my application status is in process since march 2014.No RQ or any other letter received.I recieved the book in march too.If anyone knows about it ,pls. help me.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While RQ triggers have been updated since CIC's mistaken release of the RQ Risk Indicator List in 2012, there was one that might relate to your situation and might still be in effect:

B2 – A child has made a non-concurrent minor application.

I don't fully understood this trigger, but I suspect it may apply to your sister's case (and yours, since it is a family application and will be judged collectively.) Because your sister is a minor and such arrangements are relatively uncommon, I suspect they want to verify that you're not underestimating or misrepresenting the amount of time spent outside Canada with your family.

For now, you would be wise to collect as much documentation of your life and your sister's life in Canada. For more info you can follow the link in my signature.

Good luck going forward and let us know how it goes.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
What is a Program Support Unit ?
Program Support Unit is handling changes of date of birth information on citizenship clients and most likely deeper identity checks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/id/change-date.asp

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
What is a Program Support Unit ?
Ref:settlement.org​

Ronaldo,
Program Support Unit (PSU) is a special department at the case processing centre.The PSU is a component of CIC's internal review centre. Applications are typically sent to this unit when CIC needs additional information from applicants or if the documents provided by the applicant need further verification. You will only be contacted by this unit in the event that they need additional documentation or information from you.
It was also noted that if a file is transferred to the 'PSU' the average processing time does not apply. They, in fact, do not have a timeline for files that are transferred to this department.

Unfortunately, any specifics as to why a file has been transferred to the Program Support Unit will remain unknown until a decision is made on the file, which as noted before, can take an indefinite amount of time.

In other words you can say it is like getting a RQ (many times another RQ) but not completely external (i.e. send to you for response) but mostly internal (verifications) and some times both.

Certain citizenship applications are also referred to this unit. Unfortunately like RQ once thrown in there is no way to find where the end is. Wait is the only answer you ever get from all quarters.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Can we say all RQ applicants are referred to PSU? or is it subset of some applications within RQ who are referred to PSU.
DO in PSU they do deep investigation like undercover investigation, tracking persons whereabouts etc, cctv, internet track, gps track...if that's not the case then what it is different from regular RQ to get and send response. sorry watched too many movies this weekend.

Donvalley said:
Ref:settlement.org​

Ronaldo,
Program Support Unit (PSU) is a special department at the case processing centre.The PSU is a component of CIC's internal review centre. Applications are typically sent to this unit when CIC needs additional information from applicants or if the documents provided by the applicant need further verification. You will only be contacted by this unit in the event that they need additional documentation or information from you.
It was also noted that if a file is transferred to the 'PSU' the average processing time does not apply. They, in fact, do not have a timeline for files that are transferred to this department.

Unfortunately, any specifics as to why a file has been transferred to the Program Support Unit will remain unknown until a decision is made on the file, which as noted before, can take an indefinite amount of time.

In other words you can say it is like getting a RQ (many times another RQ) but not completely external (i.e. send to you for response) but mostly internal (verifications) and some times both.

Certain citizenship applications are also referred to this unit. Unfortunately like RQ once thrown in there is no way to find where the end is. Wait is the only answer you ever get from all quarters.

iheartca

Feb 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
04-03-2004
A little update on my case:

Guys, I got a letter from CIC in Jan, 2015.
In the letter they said it's been delayed because to apply for the citizenship for a minor, which is my sister in this case, the main applicant has to be EITHER THEIR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS OR THEIR ADOPTIVE PARENTS. I won't be able to apply for her as a sister and a guardian. So i wrote back to CIC asking them to withdraw my sister's case.

Haven't heard anything yet.