+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Canadian passport given name is empty and Whole name in Family name, what you I do put in given name for my OCI application.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi, I signed that self declaration which BLS asked and now application status is processing at consulate.
its been 1 month since i applied and they said it takes around 6-8 weeks.
What you mentioned in given name? My given name is blank in Canadian passport?

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi, I signed that self declaration which BLS asked and now application status is processing at consulate.
its been 1 month since i applied and they said it takes around 6-8 weeks.
Could you please share the self- declaration format?

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
So with the launch of the new canadian passport design apparently, they give us a option now on preference for what we want our Given name is. It can either be XXX or empty , I went with the empty option because lady in service canada told me that XXX gives you immigration issues in some countries when you’re travelling .

Now I got my passport and given name is empty and full name is in family name. but now while applying on OCI application that need something in Given name, I’m confused what am I supposed to do in that case.
Has anyone been through my situation or who should I contact to get the correct info on this.
Hi I am in the same situation please update how to resolve it. What is self declaration and is it ok to put xxx in given name ?

bal9

Dec 18, 2023
Affidavit ban waale bhai... it wil be kam sirdardi and kam kharcha
Bhayi, if I make name change affidavit - would that help in applying OCI card? And what should I put in the Given name then - My actual name or just XYZ? Canadian passport they put nothing and full name is under surname. Please advise, thanks!!

Prabh1839

Dec 31, 2023
Hi everyone,
So with the launch of the new canadian passport design apparently, they give us a option now on preference for what we want our Given name is. It can either be XXX or empty , I went with the empty option because lady in service canada told me that XXX gives you immigration issues in some countries when you’re travelling .

Now I got my passport and given name is empty and full name is in family name. but now while applying on OCI application that need something in Given name, I’m confused what am I supposed to do in that case.
Has anyone been through my situation or who should I contact to get the correct info on this.
Hi,
Hi

I am in similar situation with OCI with no given name on Canadian passport. Did you get your OCI?

gurinder88

Dec 20, 2023
Anyone, please help how to deal with the given name empty and the entire name in the surname field? How in that scenario need to fill the OCI portal and has anyone traveled? Guys who applied in sept did you get the OCI card and how it is printed on

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Some countries like Canada have a mandatory last name field. While some countries, like India, have a mandatory first name field. For people with a single name, which all of you are, Canadian documents would have your entire name in the last name field. While Indian documents would have your entire name in the given name field. If you are confused, check how your names were printed on the original Indian passports that you had. Use the same for OCI application.

If you want the cleanest solution, split your names first (i.e. do a legal name change), and then apply for OCI.