+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Canadian Company wants to sponsor my fiance! But how?

ankithkshetty

Nov 18, 2018
Hi,

I am currently in Canada and working for my Canadian employer on work visa. My fiance works for the same company from India. My company wants to sponsor her to come to India but they don't know how to do it. How can I go about this?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your company wants to sponsor your fiancee to come to India or to come to Canada?

I suppose they could try the inter-company transfer option.

ankithkshetty

Nov 18, 2018
Your company wants to sponsor your fiancee to come to India or to come to Canada?

I suppose they could try the inter-company transfer option.
My company is in Canada and my fiancé works remotely from India in my company . Now they want to sponsor her to come to Canada. I’m working with the same company from Canada. I just want to bring fiancé to Canada

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Either they try the intra-company transfer work permit route or they apply for an LMIA.

Your fiancee then needs to be eligible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My company is in Canada and my fiancé works remotely from India in my company . Now they want to sponsor her to come to Canada. I’m working with the same company from Canada. I just want to bring fiancé to Canada
The company can look at a inter company transfer. She needs to be senior management, executive or have specialized knowledge that no Canadian company employee can do or haven’t been able to hire someone. She needs to have been with the company at least a year.

ankithkshetty

Nov 18, 2018
Either they try the intra-company transfer work permit route or they apply for an LMIA.

Your fiancee then needs to be eligible.
Doesnt intra company work permit need the company’s branch to be in both Canada and India? My company is only located in Canada
The company can look at a inter company transfer. She needs to be senior management, executive or have specialized knowledge that no Canadian company employee can do or haven’t been able to hire someone. She needs to have been with the company at least a year.
Yes both of the criteria is matched by her. Specialized skill which is hard to hire in Canada and atleast one year

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Doesnt intra company work permit need the company’s branch to be in both Canada and India? My company is only located in Canada

Yes both of the criteria is matched by her. Specialized skill which is hard to hire in Canada and atleast one year
Yes. It is a transfer. So if they don’t have branches overseas, then she is not eligible (link). Your employer needs to look at a LMIA. They need to show that they posted the job and no Canadian or PR could be hired. You can look into Global Strategy Stream but may be harder because she already is an employee working remotely.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/intra-company-transferees/canadian-interests-significant-benefit-general-requirements-r205-exemption-code-c12.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/global-skills-strategy/eligibility.html

ankithkshetty

Nov 18, 2018
Okay I’ll look into Lima, they actually tried to hire Canadians and they couldn’t find anyone so they want to hire her. So I that be a genuine case for LIMA. Thanks bud

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay I’ll look into Lima, they actually tried to hire Canadians and they couldn’t find anyone so they want to hire her. So I that be a genuine case for LIMA. Thanks bud
The process will probably be long. They need to start posting the job now as there are specifics on how long the job is posted for and number of job sites.