+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My boss is threatening me that he can have my pr status revoke

boggs

Oct 3, 2012
Hi! Im just so worried right now cause i have my pr status in November thru bc pnp. But because i need more income i started looking for another job and now working only for my employer as part timer (one who sponsored me). My boss was angry because of that and he said that he can have my pr status revoke if i dont prioritize my work in his company. Is it true that he can have my pr revoke? My job is so stressful especially the head of the store where i worked is really a difficult person, i have worked for more than 4 years and still worked for him but i just want to have peace of mind and enjoy the benefits of becoming a permanent resident but now this is what im getting. Any advice will help! Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi! Im just so worried right now cause i have my pr status in November thru bc pnp. But because i need more income i started looking for another job and now working only for my employer as part timer (one who sponsored me). My boss was angry because of that and he said that he can have my pr status revoke if i dont prioritize my work in his company. Is it true that he can have my pr revoke? My job is so stressful especially the head of the store where i worked is really a difficult person, i have worked for more than 4 years and still worked for him but i just want to have peace of mind and enjoy the benefits of becoming a permanent resident but now this is what im getting. Any advice will help! Thanks in advance
He can't do ANYTHING to your PR status. Find a better employer.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Thanks for the reply i feel like crying cause i worked so hard for his company while waiting for my residency and now this...
dont be so hard on yourself. It helps to cut your loss for a better future. Good luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
He is 100% lying to you. There is absolutely nothing he can do to your PR status. You can even move to a new province if you like.

He sounds like a horrible boss, you should find a new job and quit. Don't pay any attention to what he says about your PR status since that is none of his concern.

Reactions: bellaluna

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
i just want to have peace of mind and enjoy the benefits of becoming a permanent resident
Can you please clarify, are you BECOMING a permanent resident, or you already ARE a permanent resident? How long ago did you submit your PR application? The BC Provincial Nominee Program requires the support of an eligible employer. So it depends on your current PR status. Meaning that yes, your employer probably could withdraw support, which potentially could complicate things for you. Also, educate yourself on your workplace rights in BC https://www.workbc.ca/Employer-Resources/Your-Workforce/Workplace-Rights.aspx

boggs

Oct 3, 2012
Can you please clarify, are you BECOMING a permanent resident, or you already ARE a permanent resident? How long ago did you submit your PR application? The BC Provincial Nominee Program requires the support of an eligible employer. So it depends on your current PR status. Meaning that yes, your employer probably could withdraw support, which potentially could complicate things for you. Also, educate yourself on your workplace rights in BC https://www.workbc.ca/Employer-Resources/Your-Workforce/Workplace-Rights.aspx
I am already pr. Got it last november...

boggs

Oct 3, 2012
He is 100% lying to you. There is absolutely nothing he can do to your PR status. You can even move to a new province if you like.

He sounds like a horrible boss, you should find a new job and quit. Don't pay any attention to what he says about your PR status since that is none of his concern.
I know... the way he said it is he can report me to cic about me leaving the company so soon as soon as i got my pr which i didnt do im showing my gratitude by staying even if it means that i suffer so much from the treatment of my gm who is a complete as#!*l... i just dont deserve the kind of treatment they give me cause i know how hard i worked all these years...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I know... the way he said it is he can report me to cic about me leaving the company so soon as soon as i got my pr which i didnt do im showing my gratitude by staying even if it means that i suffer so much from the treatment of my gm who is a complete as#!*l... i just dont deserve the kind of treatment they give me cause i know how hard i worked all these years...
He can't report you. There is nothing to report as there is no requirement to continue working for the same employer after you have PR status.

As a PR, you are now free to work for whoever you want in Canada, in whatever city you want.

DreamMagii

Jul 11, 2012
There is no risk to your PR status from your employer reporting you to CIC, his reports will have no effect. I suggest that you secure a new job with a new employer first, and then give notice to resign, where he will probably become more threatening, but atleast you are out of there soon enough.

ashenne

Sep 11, 2013
Same case for me.. i got my PR already but my horrible boss put me in contract for 4years.. will there be any problem if i break my contract and leave the company? Will my PR status be revoked if he report me in cic?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Same case for me.. i got my PR already but my horrible boss put me in contract for 4years.. will there be any problem if i break my contract and leave the company? Will my PR status be revoked if he report me in cic?
Not at all. PR status is not contingent on continuing to work for a particular company.

Reactions: Elle-Belle

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
My ex-boss is also threatening me that he will cancel my pr card. he is emailing me and blaming me that I was not working for him. he is also saying that he knows the president and mayor of the city. I just can not be his slave for my whole life. finally, I left him and now he is threatening me. he said that he will revoke my pr card and sent me back home. what a horrible boss. I am so depressed and tired of him. being a rich and strong person, always like to give trouble to weak people. he thinks that I owned my whole life to him. few people are pretending to be God in Canada. all job letter signed by him, all paycheque given by him. I also worked very hard for him. I got such a rubbish end. I already left Canada and went back home. tired of him and his threats. please guide me

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
My ex-boss is also threatening me that he will cancel my pr card. he is emailing me and blaming me that I was not working for him. he is also saying that he knows the president and mayor of the city. I just can not be his slave for my whole life. finally, I left him and now he is threatening me. he said that he will revoke my pr card and sent me back home. what a horrible boss. I am so depressed and tired of him. being a rich and strong person, always like to give trouble to weak people. he thinks that I owned my whole life to him. few people are pretending to be God in Canada. all job letter signed by him, all paycheque given by him. I also worked very hard for him. I got such a rubbish end. I already left Canada and went back home. tired of him and his threats. please guide me
If you have a PR card, you don't have to care about his threats. He cannot do anything. If you are worried by his threats, you can report this to the police in Canada. Don't be afraid to go to the cops.

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....