chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
I like to share some information on renewal of Indian passport through BLS service

(This procedure is for single unmarried applicant, so for married/divorced/special circumstance applicants and other categories the procedures might be same but you may need to fill up/submit few extra forms)

my passport was about to expire in 7 months while my PR application is still in progress, so i decided to apply for a new passport(Passport re-issue they call it)

I *got* my renewed passport in 16 days (but passport was *approved* in 11 days)

the catch is they renew the passport for only two years (not a problem for me)

what you need
create an account as they suggest in the following url http://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php
(click online registration form)

in the same URL from above, click the tab FORMS/CHECKLIST
the check list you need to complete (read carefully), as you go down the checklist, it will ask you to fill few annexures too (choose whatever the annexures applies to you & link to download the annexures are in the checklist too)
complete them as suggested

when you are ready you should have
1) Print out of the online application form
2) completed Checklist
3) The photocopies I included
- Receipt of the bridging open work permit application
- copy of address proof (I gave credit card statement)
- copy of old passport front page and last page (but i did take photocopy of all the pages)

Thats all i remember

photos they take in the BLS office (crap quality tho) if you want good picture of you in the passport bring your own

if you have any questions shoot them below

-Manju

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I like to share some information on renewal of Indian passport through BLS service

(This procedure is for single unmarried applicant, so for married/divorced/special circumstance applicants and other categories the procedures might be same but you may need to fill up/submit few extra forms)

my passport was about to expire in 7 months while my PR application is still in progress, so i decided to apply for a new passport(Passport re-issue they call it)

I *got* my renewed passport in 16 days (but passport was *approved* in 11 days)

the catch is they renew the passport for only two years (not a problem for me)

what you need
create an account as they suggest in the following url http://www.blsindia-canada.com/new_ppt.php
(click online registration form)

in the same URL from above, click the tab FORMS/CHECKLIST
the check list you need to complete (read carefully), as you go down the checklist, it will ask you to fill few annexures too (choose whatever the annexures applies to you & link to download the annexures are in the checklist too)
complete them as suggested

when you are ready you should have
1) Print out of the online application form
2) completed Checklist
3) The photocopies I included
- Receipt of the bridging open work permit application
- copy of address proof (I gave credit card statement)
- copy of old passport front page and last page (but i did take photocopy of all the pages)

Thats all i remember

photos they take in the BLS office (crap quality tho) if you want good picture of you in the passport bring your own

if you have any questions shoot them below

-Manju
Hey! I am in the same situation.

Usually its say one month to 2 months processing time right? How come urs so fast? And have u question why they issue only for 2 years?

Where did u check thats it approved in 10 days?

Thank you

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017

Usually its say one month to 2 months processing time right? How come urs so fast? And have u question why they issue only for 2 years?

Thank you
Once you apply at the BLS they give you a receipt with a specific application number, then BLS website has application tracking page, you put your application number and find your status .
I didn't inquire why they give 2 years
I guess because my last passport was issued in India.
But once your current passport about to expire you can apply and extend to another 8 years.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016

Thank you
Modiji is the reason for faster service. Here in Chicago I got my pcc in 4 hours and reached 5 mins after the closing time but the officer was waiting for me.

xyz2017

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I went to the BLS app. center today for passport renewal. I am currently on BOWP. They told me i need a No Objection Letter from IRCC. They gave me one form and I need to fill this form and wait for 30 days to get the letter by mail from ircc. I read the form it states " To obtain a letter from IRCC for the purpose of attesting whether you have submitted a claim for refugee protection". What is this letter, I never heard of it. Anyone with similar experience?

mani0001

Jan 18, 2019
I went to the BLS app. center today for passport renewal. I am currently on BOWP. They told me i need a No Objection Letter from IRCC. They gave me one form and I need to fill this form and wait for 30 days to get the letter by mail from ircc. I read the form it states " To obtain a letter from IRCC for the purpose of attesting whether you have submitted a claim for refugee protection". What is this letter, I never heard of it. Anyone with similar experience?
They asked me too samething.

What did you do?

Please advise