+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My baby born in Canada. What is her status here?

patelmr3

Feb 13, 2015
Me and my wife are here in Canada for 2 years and we both have post graduation work permits. Last month we got blessed with a baby girl.

What is her status here? Is she considered a Canadian citizen? Do me and my wife as well have any chances of getting PR or citizenship? How does my new born baby's status in Canada affect our status?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Baby is Canadian citizen.

No, you or wife have no chances of getting PR or citizenship through her. Once, the baby turns 18, she can sponsor based on parent sponsorship rules at that time.

Your baby's status is independent of your status.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Your baby is a Canadian citizen. Right now parents status remain same unless you worked for it to get it on your own. Your daughter can sponsor you when she becomes 18 years old as per rules at play that time.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patelmr3 said:
Me and my wife are here in Canada for 2 years and we both have post graduation work permits. Last month we got blessed with a baby girl.

What is her status here? Is she considered a Canadian citizen? Do me and my wife as well have any chances of getting PR or citizenship? How does my new born baby's status in Canada affect our status?
You and your wife can certainly apply for Permanent Resident status, but your case isn't helped (or hurt) by having a Canadian-citizen child. If you want to be a PR, apply for it.