+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application was approved but with visitor visa not study !!!

amaloraini

Jul 13, 2017
Hello,

I applied for the studying permit and my application was approved. However, I wasn't asked to provide my passport for the studying visa.

Is it because I already have a visitor visa which I was granted just one month before my studying application? or what happened to me might be some kind of human or technical errors ?

Given that my studying program is 4 years and the visitor visa is up to 2020.

Any information will be useful.

Thank you

errajatsharma

Jul 23, 2017
Don't worry about this. The catch is if you have applied for Student Visa from US and they will give is Visitor Visa rather than Student visa and when you would reach Canada they will stamp it as a student visa. So its all good to have Visitor Visa because it allows you to enter Canada legally but your status in CIC data is as a student.

Reactions: amaloraini

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hello,

I applied for the studying permit and my application was approved. However, I wasn't asked to provide my passport for the studying visa.

Is it because I already have a visitor visa which I was granted just one month before my studying application? or what happened to me might be some kind of human or technical errors ?

Given that my studying program is 4 years and the visitor visa is up to 2020.

Any information will be useful.

Thank you
All is ok. You will need to get new visa in 2020 for 1 more year with your study permit.
TRV (temporary resident visa) = visitor visa = student visa.