+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application is in process since march 2007

Aug 25, 2008
1
0
My application is IN PROCESS since march 2007, I just do not receive any news and it is exhausting to wait and wait. It feels like my application is lost in a big maountain of files and maybe it's the last one on the line, or maybe it got out of the line and it is lost forever. Does somebody knows why the waiting is so long?
 

shakira2009

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
176
6
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
first Manila, now Tokyo
NOC Code......
0632
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2005
AOR Received.
06-11-2005
File Transfer...
10-10-2009
Med's Request
25-01-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hola Maria.
I applied in 2005, so I've been patiently waiting 2 years longer than you.

Where did you apply? There's a lot of backlog in many countries, some are worse than others, it's just the reality I guess... Bureaucracy exists everywhere.

But the good news is that the Canadian govt is trying to accelerate the process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-10-30.asp

So... let's continue hoping that they look at our papers some day.

Buena Suerte!
 

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
56
1
shakira2009 said:
Hola Maria.
I applied in 2005, so I've been patiently waiting 2 years longer than you.

Where did you apply? There's a lot of backlog in many countries, some are worse than others, it's just the reality I guess... Bureaucracy exists everywhere.

But the good news is that the Canadian govt is trying to accelerate the process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-10-30.asp

So... let's continue hoping that they look at our papers some day.

Buena Suerte!
LOL... 2005... that means 2 more years for me,

if you read this, it's because I'm dead... I just killed myself after I read your message.
 

SFD

Hero Member
Feb 8, 2010
775
30
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hola Maria,

Under what program did you apply? I am Nicaraguan and I applied under the FSW Class last year. I have already submit my documents. Waiting for review..

Have done your medical exams yet?

I am somehow disappointed that there are not that many Hispanics on the Forum. How comes? Too bad for us. I am so proud of people from Asia and The Middle East that being so far, they have a great knowlegde of Immigration To Canada. And above all, THEY ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE ADVICE AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEEDED THE MOST.

SFD
 

WillBCanuck

Member
Mar 19, 2010
10
0
I just submitted my application in Caracas and according to what I could hear in the waiting room many people just found out they had to actually present themselves at the embassy after a long time with no response. For a variety of reasons (some fair, some not) your application can get slowed down, sometimes for a long time. I say if you submitted all the papers needed at some point and haven't got a response in say 4-6 months, go to the embassy and present your pretty face, you might get a nice surprise!
 

latin11368

Newbie
May 23, 2007
2
0
120
New York City
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2007
Hi, I sent my application in May 2007. Still waiting? I am aging by the day.
 

WillBCanuck

Member
Mar 19, 2010
10
0
Hi latin11368, what's your current situation? Have you visited the embassy and asked about it? I've seen it first hand: it's good to go personally and let them know you're still waiting!
 

elbore

Star Member
May 17, 2010
149
4
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
NOC Code......
2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latin11368 said:
Hi, I sent my application in May 2007. Still waiting? I am aging by the day.
Do you have a Job offer??, or AEO?? they are supoused to expedite processes with those Items.
 

Chot89

Full Member
Jan 11, 2011
24
1
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Hi. Have you tried contacting your mp yet? What office did you sen your papers to? Depending on which one it is I can tell you how long you shouldve been waiing and if you can contact your mp yet or not. Ive been dealig with tgis for quite sometime and i am also latina. I am sponsoting my husband with a lawyer so i am quite familiar with the process.
 

Chot89

Full Member
Jan 11, 2011
24
1
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Chot89 said:
Hi. Have you tried contacting your mp yet? What office did you sen your papers to? Depending on which one it is I can tell you how long you shouldve been waiing and if you can contact your mp yet or not. Ive been dealig with tgis for quite sometime and i am also latina. I am sponsoring my husband with a lawyer so i am quite familiar with the process.
Sorry about some of the misskeys. Im writing from my phone