+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application is denied for fedral skilled worker catagory

view-sonic

Jan 15, 2008
I applied for Canada immigration undert fedral skilled worker. I have electrical engineering degree from US and 9 years of experience working in US as a telecom manager/systems engineer. I came short 4 points according to the immion with immigration officer. I got 12 in language section with IELTS exam. I got max point for work experienence and age catagory. I am single so did not get any points in adoptability section at all. I hold CCIE Security certification. There are less than 500 CCIE in canada and less than 18000 in the world. These numbers are even less in the security field. I now have also managed to get an emplyer who is willing to offer me job garuntee in canada upon my arrival (This is something which I did not have prior). With my outstanding quslifications and emplyment promiss, is there a way I can file an appeal and if there is anyway that CIC can reconsider my application? what is the procedure, where do I start next. I already have canadian emplyer working or HR approval from canadian employment dept. pls advise
cisco_voip2002@yahoo.com
RGDS

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You can't appeal the decision. I suggest you wait until you are working in Canada and then apply again. Then you'll be able to claim the arrangement employment points and you should be approved.

view-sonic

Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for your response..But I am not in canada. I live in US. DO i have to go there and work before re-applying? or just as soon as I get the job letter with canadian HR approval, I should be able to re-apply??
which one?

RGDS

Kapp

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
read his question first he is in USA
thaiguy said:
You can't appeal the decision. I suggest you wait until you are working in Canada and then apply again. Then you'll be able to claim the arrangement employment points and you should be approved.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Total points of First language skill are 16 you got 12 i guess you got less IELTS band score thats why they gave you 12 points tell me your IELTS band score

view-sonic said:
I applied for Canada immigration undert fedral skilled worker. I have electrical engineering degree from US and 9 years of experience working in US as a telecom manager/systems engineer. I came short 4 points according to the immion with immigration officer. I got 12 in language section with IELTS exam. I got max point for work experienence and age catagory. I am single so did not get any points in adoptability section at all. I hold CCIE Security certification. There are less than 500 CCIE in canada and less than 18000 in the world. These numbers are even less in the security field. I now have also managed to get an emplyer who is willing to offer me job garuntee in canada upon my arrival (This is something which I did not have prior). With my outstanding quslifications and emplyment promiss, is there a way I can file an appeal and if there is anyway that CIC can reconsider my application? what is the procedure, where do I start next. I already have canadian emplyer working or HR approval from canadian employment dept. pls advise
cisco_voip2002@yahoo.com
RGDS

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
view-sonic said:
Thanks for your response..But I am not in canada. I live in US. DO i have to go there and work before re-applying? or just as soon as I get the job letter with canadian HR approval, I should be able to re-apply??
which one?

RGDS

Kapp
I didn't think you were in Canada. I assumed you would get a job in Canada and then re-apply.

Did you look at the link to CIC? It gives the answer to your question.

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
if you IELTS band Score is less you will get less Points for English skills try to improve your language skill and get atleast 7 band Score in IELTS for maximum 16 points ,

Allylook

Feb 20, 2008
I would try and get an arranged employment in canada. That gives you 10 points and I would re-write the language test. Then re-apply. I know how you fill cos of time factor!!

malimm0a

Jul 30, 2007
Hi View sonic
Sorry to hear about your case. You seem to be very well qualified and hold a very rear profession. I am sure immi officer shall consider it.
Why I am saying is that I am a Geophysicist (work for oil & gas Exploration Company in the Middle East). CIC also rejected my application based on the fact that I could not provide them the assessment of my educational degrees & qualification. Which some Canadian institute shall do. I did write to these institute many times (email) but in-vain. They never replied. So I thought let go of it. My application will be approved anyways. But to my surprise I got a letter in mar 2007 that they rejected my application based on that fact that I didn’t provide them the assessment. I fought back and took that very seriously. I sent the immi officer all the email record and efforts which I did at times to get my degree assessed. And asked him to reconsider and open the same file again. (Not to re-apply) Good thing that he approved and bought my case, and re-opened but in that I lost one year. So far so good. I had to submit a few more forms (as I got married + baby) and fee for the family. I didn’t send them any fee as I had paid it at the time of application & and CIC never asked. later on in October 2007, i sent him all the forms and fresh police certificates for me and fmaily and thats it. In december 2007, i received my medical papers and they requested the RPRF for landing in Canada. they got it all and now waiting for the landing papers so to stamp visa on passport.

So my friend, i will sugget you that you should also fight back and write him a long explanation and justification. they (CIC immigration officer) love the letters and nice simple explanations. make it straight and simple I am sure that they will re-open ur file.

Your experties are rear and i am sure he will make u some points. (and also get married too)

good luck

cheers
MMM

straushan

Feb 25, 2008
You can appeal but you have to attach the job offer letter supplied by the employer. Then type an appeal and state in brief that when did u got the offer. If you are lucky and the immigration officer is kind I hope inshallah you will qualify. I was refused due to their miscalcualtion regarding my educational factor. I reassesed my educational documents from ICAS canada and send an appeal with the ICAS report. Alhamdullilah I got the acceptance. I wish you better appeal in a plain paper and attach the job offer letter.

Wish you good luck
straushan

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
hi my queastion may not be related to the title of the topic by which it was started but my question s for u guys, malimm0a n straushan PPl. i m just confused DO U PPL WANT TO SAY THT EVERYONE APPLYING FOR IMMIGRATION SHD GET THEIR EDUCATIONAL DEGREES ,CERTIFICATES ASSESSEd BY ICAS CANADA , or it s a special case , if it s a special one the n Which r the professionls or credentials which r needed to be assessed by ICAS canada, plz reply in detail thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

newcomer said:
Hi i hope anyone ll be able to answer my queries or ll make me clear abt these points. thanks
I will take a guess that you felt that "hold CCIE Security certification. There are less than 500 CCIE in canada and less than 18000 in the world." The certification is not counted as an education requirement, So the way I figure you got 64 points.

English 12
Experience 21
Age 10
Education 20 BA/S

My total is 63

So unless you can get an employer with an approved AEO (Arranged Employment Option) worth 10 points, you still wont qualify when you re-apply.

PMM