+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Application got refused

Nanosha99

Nov 9, 2019
Hello everyone! I would like to introduce my case Cause I need you help . Please if anyone who is expert or have an experience in the application under family class sponsorship , help me . I’m living in Lebanon and my husband is living in Canada. Last year, we applied for a sponsorship application and I got refused for it. They wrote in the refusal letter that our relationship isn’t genuine . They have doubt in our relation because we got married after 5 months of our engagement and I don’t know him before. my husband came to Lebanon just for 1 week to do our wedding and we did it before 3 days of his trip .so that’s why I got refused because of these points So, now we are deciding to apply again for a second time and my husband was there for 1 month which is good proof for them. What else can we do ? Please give me your opinion before we are going to apply soon and I wish this time will work!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone! I would like to introduce my case Cause I need you help . Please if anyone who is expert or have an experience in the application under family class sponsorship , help me . I’m living in Lebanon and my husband is living in Canada. Last year, we applied for a sponsorship application and I got refused for it. They wrote in the refusal letter that our relationship isn’t genuine . They have doubt in our relation because we got married after 5 months of our engagement and I don’t know him before. my husband came to Lebanon just for 1 week to do our wedding and we did it before 3 days of his trip .so that’s why I got refused because of these points So, now we are deciding to apply again for a second time and my husband was there for 1 month which is good proof for them. What else can we do ? Please give me your opinion before we are going to apply soon and I wish this time will work!
Live together for at least 6 months.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How can we do that ? He has work there and he can’t leave his job for 6 months. They will fire him.
And? If it is a genuine relationship, it is more important than a job.

You asked what you can do to make your app better. Living together for an extended period of time is really the only way to overcome the massive red flags of your previous app.

Reactions: lion.com

Nanosha99

Nov 9, 2019
You are right ! But during this summer, my husband came again and We lived together for 1 month . Isn’t it enough to mention it in the new application ? & what do u think ? Is there any another solution rather than the one you mentioned it ?
And? If it is a genuine relationship, it is more important than a job.

You asked what you can do to make your app better. Living together for an extended period of time is really the only way to overcome the massive red flags of your previous app.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I wouldn't apply again until you can spend much quality time together. You will have to prove to them
your relationship is genuine. We all have to make sacrifice sometimes.....What's the most important thing to do ?
If you apply again soon they will scrutinize with high chance of refusal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are right ! But during this summer, my husband came again and We lived together for 1 month . Isn’t it enough to mention it in the new application ? & what do u think ? Is there any another solution rather than the one you mentioned it ?
No, a month likely isn't enough. IRCC believes it is a fake relationship, as you had many red flags. The best way to overcome that is to live together for a long period of time.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
What's your back up plan? You are married now, so you are family, you must be together. Have you discussed with your husband what happens if you are not able to get Canadian PR? Have you considered him moving to Lebanon or moving to live together to a 3rd country?

davey

Jun 27, 2016
Some cultures have situations where the husband and wife may not have known themselves for an extended before marriage. If yours is similar, you may want to explain why. and then I suggest your husband add you as beneficiaries on his employment benefits like pension, life insurance etc (if you haven't done that). if you are working, try to do same for him.
Try to get as much time together as you can during his vacations from work. it will take close to a year for any results of your application to be made so anytime you can get together can help.

Jaskal75

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi there I applied to sponsor my husband from there as well. We were together for 21 days. What u need to do is submit all your translated conversations and pictures of u both together. Submit a copy of his flight itinerary and if u spent time in a hotel the receipts aswell. Get some of your mutual friends to submit letters with details of your relationship and how genuine it is. Now that you are applying again and still together that will help you aswell. Have faith and stay strong at the end of the day you know that it is a genuine relationship and u have all the proof. Best of luck !

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
If your husband has the ability to work remotely he should put in a request with this employer OFFICIALLY and ask for 6 months to a year. Maybe they will grant it, maybe they will give him some amount less than that, maybe they will deny it. The point is that even if they deny it and hes only able to manage another month long trip, submit the document of denial from the HR department showing that your husband tried. If you really can only do a month or so at a time, consider doing this several times over the course of a year and a bit. Sucks, and although its not ideal you are showing the effort and intent is there.. which MIGHT help.

He might also be able to convince them to allow a year long sabbatical , where they hire a temp, similar to a paternity leave in Canada (without being paid of course.

Reactions: zt2018